Poll: How many do your own trigger conversion?

I have bought both of my siagas converted by someone else. Maybe on the next one I will give it a try. :rolleyes:

You didn't convert restore your S-12 yourself, Scott? I'm disappointed. :(

j/k of course, but you really should restore at least one Saiga yourself. Not only is it fun, but you can take pride knowing that you now know your weapon intimately and did the work yourself. :smoke:

I restored my S-12 in my garage, but bought a restored Saiga rifle; a SGL21, (as you know.. attempting to replicate the military features found on these rifles on a standard "sporter" Saiga 7.62x39 would be very expensive and very difficult).

So... buy a Saiga .308 and restore that fucker. ;)

I have bought both of my siagas converted by someone else. Maybe on the next one I will give it a try. :rolleyes:

You didn't convert restore your S-12 yourself, Scott? I'm disappointed. :(

j/k of course, but you really should restore at least one Saiga yourself. Not only is it fun, but you can take pride knowing that you now know your weapon intimately and did the work yourself. :smoke:

I restored my S-12 in my garage, but bought a restored Saiga rifle; a SGL21, (as you know.. attempting to replicate the military features found on these rifles on a standard "sporter" Saiga 7.62x39 would be very expensive and very difficult).

So... buy a Saiga .308 and restore that fucker. ;)

I'm thinking more along the lines of another s12. That should be pretty easy but another gun is not in my future for about 6 months. Remember I have been banned (by the wife) from buying guns or gun stuff. I have just happeded to find some creative ways around the ban. So in the meantime I will stock up on cheap mags, ammo and small dollar items like the Ergo grip and the charging handle. :lolol:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Yeah i was really scared to do my own, cause i didnt want to mess anything up, and ruin my gun or have it blow up in my hands, but as i watched the videos and read up on other post's, i just started to take my gun apart and started to notice it was a hell of a lot more easier than what i imagning it to be, i did the tapco pistol grip conversion, and it went very smooth and fast, it would have only took my 20-30mins to day but i found out my kit didnt have a pistol grip bolt and washer, so i had to wait till the next day to run out to lowes and pick up a bolt and washer, and like what most people told me, it will be really hard to mess it up, only thing i read was not to bend the hammer spring to much or else it could cause problems with ur rifle firing right, and that was pretty much it, i did mine off a step by step with pictures and instructions, and it made so easy to do.

Edited by brad8401

Ive studied Moe Zambeck and CSS Con-Fu. I currently have 2- S12's, 1- x39 and 1- x51 under my belt. really quite easy and alot of fun, especially considering I was a newbie to it all, even drilling and tapping the bullet guide. Just follow the directions. And I doubt all this wonderful info wouldnt be stockpiled into one spot if it wasnt for the Saiga12forum. So a HUGE thanks to Moe Zambeck, Greg at CSS, and the Saiga12forum! Not only did you guys save me lots of money, but ive also gained a huge amount of self satisfaction, confidence, and knowledge thanks to ya'll. Id also like to thank P.A. , Dinzag, Paulyski, Classy K. for their contributions.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, i'm getting ready to do my own conversion. i have been reading this thread and watched the video, and have been doing a lot of research. i want just a basic pistol grip with a folder stock or collapsible. What do I need to buy for a conversion? just an FCG, or is there more? Also want to install a bullet guide. I have been trying to figure everything out,just need a little more help. is there a whole kit i can buy and is this an easy process? thanks for the help!