I just had a terrible experience with AMMOMAN.com. They advertised and I ordered factory first quality Lake City M855 5.56x45 Green Tip in the bulk factory cardboard boxes. They sent XM855 factory seconds in .50 cal ammo cans. First they insisted that I was wrong and that it was M855 and not XM855. However, the ammo cans were marked as XM855 and the rounds had the typical XM855 factory second dents in the brass. Then they said I could return it but I had to pay for the return shipping even though it was their error. They were very arrogant and condescending. The real test of a supplier is how they handle shipping errors and customer complaints. In my book they failed badly. Order from them at your own risk!

ORDER RETURNS:

YOU MUST CALL FOR A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER

THIS NUMBER MUST BE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

We will guarantee any ammo or magazine we sell for 15 DAYS from the date of the order.

We will offer a 100% money back, exchange or refund of that item.

We will not charge a restocking fee or deduct the original shipping it cost us to send it to you. WE WILL NOT PAY FOR ANY RETURN SHIPPING TO CLAIM YOUR REFUND WE WILL NOT ISSUE A "CALL TAG" FOR UPS TO PICK-UP THE ITEM

( WE SHIP ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY )

We do not make it and we do not inspect each and every one of thousands of cans and cases we ship.

We will however, still guarantee the items.

This is one of the best guarantees in the industry but we will only pay shipping one way

ANY REFUSED ORDER WILL BE CHARGED $40 PER PACKAGE UPON RETURN

While a shitty attitude is always bad from a retailer, mistakes do happen and their return policy is very clear.

I'd do as your doing, let people know you had a bad experience, make sure they know your word of mouth is very bad for them and not do further business with'em.

I have had good success with "Ammunition to Go." So far, they have not screwed up any of my orders. But, thanks for the heads up on Ammoman - I had considered buying from them at one time, but tried Ammunition to Go and have been pleased enough with them not to try Ammoman.

Also, while their prices are not the cheapest, I have bought a few things from Cabelas and have been satisfied with their service.

(I probably just jinxed myself as I just placed an order with Ammunition to Go on Monday and now it will probably get shipped to Tasmania. lol.)

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

I have had good success with "Ammunition to Go.

(I probably just jinxed myself as I just placed an order with Ammunition to Go on Monday and now it will probably get shipped to Tasmania. lol.)

WJ

+1 on ATG

I have had good success with "Ammunition to Go.

WJ

+1 on ATG

+2 On that one, I've spent a fair amount of money through them. They did misplace part of my order once and the rest of it (small package) was sent next day to me at no extra charge. I can only say good things about them.

ATG is amazing.

They sent me a daily email letting me know the status of my order until it shipped. Not only that but when I replied to the emails they would reply in turn. It arrived in good packaging and no shipping damage.

And now that they have 00 Buck @ 250 shells for $100 they're gonna be getting another order soon.

Edited by camon

I have also bought thousands upon thousands of rounds from ammoman without a hiccup, course, there is always a first time. People trash Sportsmans Guide also and I have delt with them a butt load and have always had great service. I guess I have been lucky. Now I KNOW that I have jinxed myself!! LOL

I have also bought thousands upon thousands of rounds from ammoman without a hiccup, course, there is always a first time. People trash Sportsmans Guide also and I have delt with them a butt load and have always had great service. I guess I have been lucky. Now I KNOW that I have jinxed myself!! LOL

Thanks for the feedback. I had ordered a lot of rounds from them prior to this issue but, like I said, my judgement of how good a vendor is how they take care of a problem when it arises. Here they failed in my opinion. I'm not telling anyone to stop using them - just to be cautious and what to expect when they make a mistake. I buy mostly mil-surp ammo and AIM has been my best ammo vendor so far.