How many guns are ready to go to war - NOW?

OOPS, i posted the wrong pic.

I meant to post the pic where I am Ghillied Up.

Now everybody knows what I look like. 002.gif

Just kidding with you guys. biggrin.gif

That's not me.

It's an anti Glenn Beck pic that I came across months ago.

Honestly, everything that I own is as ready as it will ever be,

all the way to the last iodine tablet.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many gun owners are there in the US? What, 90 million or something like that?   How many have guns or mags or ammo that haven't actually been tested?   I have several firearms that are loade

Bounce, as the OP you posted a scenario lacking in detail. I simply do not know what sort of scenario your are dreaming up in your head. The word "war" was used. A simple neighborhood dispute even inv

Everything but my S-12 is up and running 100%. The S-12 will be inside the week, and then I'll start the new bullpup mod. Need to stock up on water filters though. Found out the Britas are NOT for survival use and am out of the good stuff.

As a reloader, I have components on hand to make quite a few different types of ammunition for my rifles and handguns (.223, .45,.308, 30-06, .40). However, it is time consuming and I look at it as a currency builder in the future if necessary. Not enough loaded to supply an army for a month, but within a few hours I could have enough ammo to supply my family food for a year.

On hand I have my pistols loaded as my home defense and CCW weapons. I have several ready rifles and shotties, but I don't keep them all loaded in my safe.

Custom built long range rifles are usually my flux projects where I am adding parts, re-doing loads, changing scopes etc. I have plenty of stuff that will shoot MOA, but I am always trying to get them sub half MOA and that causes my flux.

Where I am lacking is in water filtration and fuel.

All my guns(other than when i start the conversion on my saiga) are ready as in a have plenty of ammo and/or are loaded and ready to bust the fool coming threw the front door or window. Needless to say i could "get out of town fast" if the zombies started flowing. But i have been wanting to put together a kinda "grab and go" pack. Just basic survival stuff, somthing to just grab and run and have stuff to get u threw for awhile.

I figured as much.. But call it anti Glenn Beck if you like.. It actually made me like him more... It's like wow.. badass.. and this guy watches Glenn Beck.. I love when bashing someone has the reverse effect.

Exactly! The only "anti" message I got from that pic is "anti-commie lib."

I'm with you guys about Beck.

They were trying to stereotype Beck fans as a radical, paranoid group of people.

If I remember correctly, they titled it "Typical Glenn Beck Fan"

Something like that.

They CAN'T prove him wrong so they try to demonize him and his viewers.

It's a tactic right out of the Progressive Playbook.

Beck is a Fuckin' Patriot! 032.gif

Edited by THE RIPPER

5436c029da7d7edc71830dc70f14a4f0.jpg

Ripper, dude! That's so fucking awesome. LOL I absolutely LOVE it.

Shot of the year!

I like your battle axe, too. lol

Battle Axe? Where? I see a door breaching tool.

Looks like my buddy John.... and, come to think about it.... just about everyone else I know who is worth knowing;)

WS

In a real honest to goodness war where a major superpower(s) would be trying to overwhelm the United States then small arms would be next to useless. And do you really believe the United State Military and the various National Guard units will allow citizens to roam the street with small arms? Absent the proper uniform or simply being present in the wrong location will get one dead real quick.

Even in a major civil uprising within the United States, after the domestic police forces are overwhelmed, the military will come in force and clamp down on any and all non-cooperative citizens, disarm or kill them, and take total control through superior armament. I hope that never happens within our country again but history has a habit of repeating itself. In a situation like this where I wished to volunteer assistance I would contact the local authorities (LEO agencies or local National Guard Armory). If the scenario reached the point of the United States Military being deployed they would have little use for whatever assistance I could provide them. Sadly, I do not own a tank!

In a domestic uprising where one segment of society is out of control then the last thing I would want to do is be sitting in a house. One is nothing but a sitting duck. A fire has a funny way of making people run out of a buliding no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition they have.

The OP used the word "war". I define that as a major domestic uprising or foreign invasion/strike designed to kill citizens. I have no experience with the different National Guard agencies. Do they have plans in place to recruit local citizens for assistance? I recently saw the movie "The Road" which gives one man's view of a rapid fall of a great society. It was a thought provoking movie. In reality I would imagine a major natural diaster could also trigger events where men would prey upon their fellow man and having a supply of small arms and ammunition would be desired. May not save your life but at least you can go down fighting.

In a real honest to goodness war where a major superpower(s) would be trying to overwhelm the United States then small arms would be next to useless. And do you really believe the United State Military and the various National Guard units will allow citizens to roam the street with small arms? Absent the proper uniform or simply being present in the wrong location will get one dead real quick.

Who is the major superpower you are referring to? No superpower has to attack up militarily. All they have to do to bring us down is get us to sign on to the Copenhagen GW bullshit. Why would they go to the trouble and expense of attacking us militarily?

Even in a major civil uprising within the United States, after the domestic police forces are overwhelmed, the military will come in force and clamp down on any and all non-cooperative citizens, disarm or kill them, and take total control through superior armament. I hope that never happens within our country again but history has a habit of repeating itself. In a situation like this where I wished to volunteer assistance I would contact the local authorities (LEO agencies or local National Guard Armory). If the scenario reached the point of the United States Military being deployed they would have little use for whatever assistance I could provide them. Sadly, I do not own a tank!

Do you remember how hard it was to simply gain control of Fallujah? Do you REALLY think they have the resources to clamp down on the entire USA? Moreover, how many of the US forces will refuse to obey that order? I would refuse it.

In a domestic uprising where one segment of society is out of control then the last thing I would want to do is be sitting in a house. One is nothing but a sitting duck. A fire has a funny way of making people run out of a building no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition they have.

It would be counter productive to burn all the crap they want to steal from you now wouldn't it?

I have no idea where you are dreaming up these scenarios, but I don't see them as the slightest bit realistic.

The OP used the word "war". I define that as a major domestic uprising or foreign invasion/strike designed to kill citizens. I have no experience with the different National Guard agencies. Do they have plans in place to recruit local citizens for assistance? I recently saw the movie "The Road" which gives one man's view of a rapid fall of a great society. It was a thought provoking movie. In reality I would imagine a major natural disaster could also trigger events where men would prey upon their fellow man and having a supply of small arms and ammunition would be desired. May not save your life but at least you can go down fighting.

Have you not seen the war the wetbacks and the gangs and what not are bringing? Natural disasters bring trouble, and so do terrorist attacks and so does a total collapse of the money supply because the government printed TRILLIONS of dollars and mired us in $100 TRILLION in debt. Do you really think a foreign government is our biggest threat? Shit, our OWN GOVERNMENT is in the process of taking us down. If you add up all the financial promises that have been made by the government, I heard it totals upwards of $100 TRILLION. If you stack $1 on top of each other, that's enough money to make 28 separate stacks TO THE FUCKING MOON.

Now I ask you, what do you think will happen when the people expecting to receive these bennies find out there isn't enough ink and paper on the planet to print that much money?

We're in for some serious trouble if we stay on the road we're on. As the democrats are "jubilant" over passing the HC bill, they are really just facilitating our slide into the abyss. If we stay on this road, I promise you, a foreign superpower and getting burned out our houses are the least of our worries.

Edited by Bounce12

I don't envision any scenario in which the police or military can or will quell a massive uprising by the majority of American people. Just think for a moment about the kind of circumstances that would bring this about. It would almost certainly involve a government turned tyrannical and attempting to impose it's will on the people as opposed to carrying out the will of the people like it is supposed to do. Their achilles heal is that the very people in the police or military that they would expect to fight their battles are in fact "US." And the few that would otherwise carry out orders blindly still have friends and family who are "US". How many military people do you think are going to use bombs against their own cities and families? Ain't gonna happen. The first thing that would happen is that there would be mass defections of police and military along with their weapons and the tide would change quickly. Once the balance of force reached the tipping point there would in effect be a new government at that point. Couple that with the fact that ordinary citizens are already armed to the teeth and you only have one possible outcome. THE PEOPLE WIN.

If it came to that or got that bad the government would never try and use(in my opinion) its own military forces to control the american people. It would march in foreign trained "police" (such as UN forces) they know their own would never attack their own. So if u see a bunch of little blue helmets marching down your street....start to worry

I don't envision any scenario in which the police or military can or will quell a massive uprising by the majority of American people. Just think for a moment about the kind of circumstances that would bring this about. It would almost certainly involve a government turned tyrannical and attempting to impose it's will on the people as opposed to carrying out the will of the people like it is supposed to do. Their achilles heal is that the very people in the police or military that they would expect to fight their battles are in fact "US." And the few that would otherwise carry out orders blindly still have friends and family who are "US". How many military people do you think are going to use bombs against their own cities and families? Ain't gonna happen. The first thing that would happen is that there would be mass defections of police and military along with their weapons and the tide would change quickly. Once the balance of force reached the tipping point there would in effect be a new government at that point. Couple that with the fact that ordinary citizens are already armed to the teeth and you only have one possible outcome. THE PEOPLE WIN.

I would hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. As academic, and hypothetical as the situation may seem, I remember as a kid, a real situation when national guard members opened fire on their fellow Americans killing four. The place was Kent State. The Year was 1970.

It's interesting that the liberal element which were the so called "revolutionaries" then, are firmly at the helm today. I have no doubt that they would not hesitate to attempt to squash resistance even more viciously than the "conservatives" of the 1970's.

Should things ever progress this far again, I fear the bloodshed would have to get pretty intense for the defections you envision to occur. What I find amazing is that the powers that be seem to have no concept of just how outraged the public is becoming.

Personally, I hope that the 2010 midterms will hand the Democrats their heads in both houses of congress, and at every level of municipal and state government.

I'll keep my powder dry, but in the meantime my pen will be sharp, and my voice will be heard.

My AR is reliable/ready and I keep more mags loaded than I can reasonably carry (20x30rnd), same for my S12 (1x20rnd, 3x12rnd, 5x10rnd) and last but not least my XD9 has (5x16rnd) mags ready to go at any time.

Collectively, I'd need a tact vest and pack to carry it all.

And lets be realistic, odds are that in a small family/friends group, having to go guns up means you already fucked up and got your collective ass in a grinder.

Unless we have access to FA/SF, our semis are burnt farts to flamethrowers, kiss your ass goodbye.

In a domestic uprising where one segment of society is out of control then the last thing I would want to do is be sitting in a house. One is nothing but a sitting duck. A fire has a funny way of making people run out of a buliding no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition they have.

The OP used the word "war". I define that as a major domestic uprising or foreign invasion/strike designed to kill citizens. I have no experience with the different National Guard agencies. Do they have plans in place to recruit local citizens for assistance? I recently saw the movie "The Road" which gives one man's view of a rapid fall of a great society. It was a thought provoking movie. In reality I would imagine a major natural diaster could also trigger events where men would prey upon their fellow man and having a supply of small arms and ammunition would be desired. May not save your life but at least you can go down fighting.

One of the guys in my " SQUAD " is in the National Guard and their BEST responce time to any situation is 8 hours. Plenty of time to exfil. He took a poll with his squad about what they think about disarming citizens and the results are as follows: 98% against, 2% for following direct orders. Not much is going to get done with 2% actually doing the dirty work. Armed citizens is what kept the Japs from invading the U.S. They knew how well the U.S. was armed. My first apartment in Bell flower CA was a old army barraks that housed a general during the war. The walls were 1" thick lead and bullet proof. I miss the apt. not the neighborhood. The only so called superpower that I am concerned with is China. They are scary and own us. Their the type who say " Hey, look at my left hand" as they sucker punch with the right!

If it came to that or got that bad the government would never try and use(in my opinion) its own military forces to control the american people. It would march in foreign trained "police" (such as UN forces) they know their own would never attack their own. So if u see a bunch of little blue helmets marching down your street....start to worry

In the event that those robins egg blue helmets come marching down an American street (including mine), it is THEY who have cause to be worried.

EOM

WS

My AR is reliable/ready and I keep more mags loaded than I can reasonably carry (20x30rnd), same for my S12 (1x20rnd, 3x12rnd, 5x10rnd) and last but not least my XD9 has (5x16rnd) mags ready to go at any time.

And lets be realistic, odds are that in a small family/friends group, having to go guns up means you already fucked up and got your collective ass in a grinder.

Unless we have access to FA/SF, our semis are burnt farts to flamethrowers, kiss your ass goodbye.

Within 100 yards, that S12 of yours is fully capable of putting roughly as many 00' sized lead projectiles downrange as a Dylan minigun. Your enemy has a much better chance of avoiding of FA 5.56 or 7.62 fire than they do of avoiding the barage of lethal fire you can unleash with your semi auto Kalashnikov shotgun. At closer range you can literally cut a man in half with that S12.

Give me that kind of overwhelming firepower and violence of action, and I think you have a force multiplier. My ass may be toast, but I'm going to kill and maim my share of the other side on the way out.

I hope none of us never see the day when we are faced with making those choices on our own soil.

Within 100 yards, that S12 of yours is fully capable of putting roughly as many 00' sized lead projectiles downrange as a Dylan minigun. Your enemy has a much better chance of avoiding of FA 5.56 or 7.62 fire than they do of avoiding the barage of lethal fire you can unleash with your semi auto Kalashnikov shotgun. At closer range you can literally cut a man in half with that S12.

Give me that kind of overwhelming firepower and violence of action, and I think you have a force multiplier. My ass may be toast, but I'm going to kill and maim my share of the other side on the way out.

I hope none of us never see the day when we are faced with making those choices on our own soil.

Force multiplier is correct. I always like three rifle men and a S-12 covering my ass when we train. :killer:

Bounce, as the OP you posted a scenario lacking in detail. I simply do not know what sort of scenario your are dreaming up in your head. The word "war" was used. A simple neighborhood dispute even involving firearms does not make a war.

In a real war you and I will not matter to a hell of beans. The so-called war in Iraq is about nothing but overthrowing a foreign government and replacing it with a friendly government. Basically oil in my opinion. I know the reason given was terrorism but that is a glass of Koolaid I refuse to drink. As for which major superpower...take your pick. neither you nor I know what the future holds.

And Fallujah? The American soldiers there are acting more as policemen than soldiers in my opinion. That is why so many were killed. Fallujah would be nothing more than a hole in the ground if the United States Military had wanted to wipe it off the face of the map. I seem to remember a couple of cities in Japan which learned that lesson.

And I agree with you it seems our government does not seem to be acting in our best interest. But who's fault is that? We should look in the mirror because it's our own. We elected these bastards. If Americans start armed conflicts between ourselves then an attack from the outside will surely occur. And I'm not talking about basic criminal conflicts. If the majority of the people set politics aside and begin major uprisings then we are in trouble. Again, History! This has happened time and time again throughout History! Who would want to start a war with America united in cause. However, a country torn apart by civil unrest is ripe for overthrow. You elude to this fact yourself. Our CIA has been doing this for years. The Watts riots and the mob after the aquittal of the LEOs in the Rodney King decision is a microcosm of hate and unrest in this country.

If you are simply using the word "war" to describe protecting yourself and property then I understand where you are coming from. Having firearms and adequate ammunition along with making sure everything functions properly is a wise move. No argument from me. Hell, I predict as the economy continues to decline crime rates will rise. On December 19, 2009, a bank was robbed in Lebanon, Illinois by three men. Two of the men were from Vincennes, Indiana and one was from a little town about 10 miles away. The ring leader lives about 3 strong baseball throws away from me. Two of the men, after being arrested, told the LEOs they didn't have money to buy Christmas presents for their family. The ringleader, Danny Ravellette, told the LEOs his wife had cancer and was robbing the bank to help pay for medical bills. While their reasons may well be true that does not justify robbing a bank. Crazy world. They could have just as easily decided to break in a rob my residence. And Danny Ravellette is an ex LEO! Again, crazy world.

The collaspe of the American economy and the fall of our government go hand in hand. They are not mutually exclusive. We have taught our enemies well.

• Like 1

Thought I would throw this out there just as an afterthought. What nation on our planet has the oldest original surviving form of government?

The answer to this should make all on here who think America is secure within itself to rethink their position. I do not want anything bad to happen to my country but most every civilation/country/government in history has eventually torn itself apart and likeminded individuals gather together to form different nations/governments. All but the youngest nations which has not yet stood the test of time.

Edited by t165

Readiness needs to be more then loaded and function checked firearms. How ready are you? What are you doing now, to train your body for then? If you think that the moment things go to hell that you are somehow going to be transformed into Silva, you are most going to be very disappointed.

Perhaps you should be giving yourself a realistic assessment and either doing some physical training or reassess your plans. The best solution would most likely be a combination of both.

• Like 1

But then they would have to count on our own military to stand idly by and watch this all happen. Maybe a few would, but most wouldn't. Once again, our military is made up of "us". This would be an invading force and every instinct in every soldier, cop, National guardsman, and citizen would be to fight back. Any UN force would be annihilated. Don't even worry about it.

Battle Axe? Where? I see a door breaching tool.

NO man, that's not a door breaching tool, that's a SKULL BREACHING tool.

Thats actually a Stanley "FatMax" demolition tool. A great all around tool for a lot of things. You can get models up to 30" for a hundred bucks or less at your friendly neighborhood home improvement store. 027.gif

Readiness needs to be more then loaded and function checked firearms. How ready are you? What are you doing now, to train your body for then? If you think that the moment things go to hell that you are somehow going to be transformed into Silva, you are most going to be very disappointed.

Perhaps you should be giving yourself a realistic assessment and either doing some physical training or reassess your plans. The best solution would most likely be a combination of both.

Exactly! This is often over looked. Bubba might have the latest and greatest tact gear and all the ammo he might need but can't run 200 yds without busting a lung. Pointless.

If you are simply using the word "war" to describe protecting yourself and property then I understand where you are coming from.

I see where the problem is here t165. Maybe I chose the wrong word. Perhaps I should have used the word, "combat."

I was referring to a situation where you and your firearm either function at 100% efficiency, or you and/or your family are dead.

Now that I think about it, "War" is probably not the right word, but I have used that word interchangably with combat for so long in casual speak that I got used to it. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Bounce12