Sheep Wolves & the Sheepdog.... Which are you?

So what do you call someone who doesn't "love" his fellow human beings, but recognizes that with certain natural talents comes a responsibility to not use them except under the most extreme of conditions, and even then onlt to protect himself or others? Kind of a "domesticated wolf"?

So what do you call someone who doesn't "love" his fellow human beings, but recognizes that with certain natural talents comes a responsibility to not use them except under the most extreme of conditions, and even then onlt to protect himself or others? Kind of a "domesticated wolf"?

How about a "half ass" sheepdog?

I'm not bothered by some of the blacksheep of our society & am suspicious of the Shepards at times, but dispise the outright wolves & have morels.

I kinda like the "Half-ass" sheepdogs protect the sheep...

Even from the Shepards.

Hello, Paulyski

Pretty awesome stuff there. A lot to live up to for an average guy like myself, I'm striving to assume responsibility for me and mine.

I'm never short of admiration for those sheepdogs, though....Damn! Maybe if I understood in my younger days what I think I know now, I might have a bit more pride and swagger myself......

Thanks for the post.

guido

Best to be a semi domesticated wolf - in sheep's clothing! A ghilly suit for surviving in among sheeple as you will.

The thing about the sheeple/sheep dog analogy that doesn't exactly work is that real sheep can be motivated to ACT by real sheep dogs. The sheep dogs know what's supposed to happen and they make the sheep move.

But sheeple are stuck in the mud. They can't be motivated to act. Most of the sheeple I know won't do shit if it's outside their little comfort zone. Even if they can SEE the damn wolf, they might not see him as a threat until it's too late.

At least sheep can be motivated to act. Even if they aren't aware that it's in their own best self-interest, you can get them moving. Sheeple don't work that way. In fact, half the damn sheeple will start making arguments that the wolves HAVE AS MUCH A RIGHT TO BE THERE AS THEY (the sheeple) DO!

Here is what Gabe Suarez had to say about it.... I like the response....hits it on the head!!!LOL!!

"You guys can be sheepdogs if you want. I am a wolf. A good wolf, but a wolf nonetheless. A good wolf that likes to eat bad wolves. Its a different perspective.

I don't like the sheepdog analogy. If I have to be an animal, I'd prefer a lion or a wolf. If it had to be a canine it should be a Dobermand or a Pitbull, or Akita. "Sheepdog" reminds me of Shaggy in Scooby Doo with a revolver.

And I don't like the continued comment of "legally authorized" and "authorized" and so forth. You carry because you are a man and because God says you can defend yourself. If they abolished the Constitution tomorrow and banned handguns I'd still carry mine regardless of authorized or not.

And in all honesty, while there are innocents that should be protected by us (old people and kids for example) some sheep simply deserve to be eaten. If you step up to "protect them" they will be witnesses against you and side with the evil ones who came to kill them.

So I do not identify with the entire sheepdog - legally authorized - protector of sheep. ~Gabe Suarez

Here is what Gabe Suarez had to say about it.... I like the response....hits it on the head!!!LOL!!

"You guys can be sheepdogs if you want. I am a wolf. A good wolf, but a wolf nonetheless. A good wolf that likes to eat bad wolves. Its a different perspective.

I don't like the sheepdog analogy. If I have to be an animal, I'd prefer a lion or a wolf. If it had to be a canine it should be a Dobermand or a Pitbull, or Akita. "Sheepdog" reminds me of Shaggy in Scooby Doo with a revolver.

And I don't like the continued comment of "legally authorized" and "authorized" and so forth. You carry because you are a man and because God says you can defend yourself. If they abolished the Constitution tomorrow and banned handguns I'd still carry mine regardless of authorized or not.

And in all honesty, while there are innocents that should be protected by us (old people and kids for example) some sheep simply deserve to be eaten. If you step up to "protect them" they will be witnesses against you and side with the evil ones who came to kill them.

So I do not identify with the entire sheepdog - legally authorized - protector of sheep. ~Gabe Suarez

I agree wholeheartedly with most of that point.

I do know some though, who simply would not protect themselves simply out of the rationale that they are saved, & they would rather meet the lord & give the assailant the opportunity to reach salvation. They do own guns though for hunting.

I don't believe I would ever take that stance, but it takes all kinds I guess.

Well, not ALL kinds, but a few of those types don't always hurt.

• Like 1

If anyone gets a chance, read up on Lt.Colonel Grossman and killology..... Good stuff.....

Reading "On Killing" right now. Nice birthday present from the wife. Didn't even batt an eye when I told her what I wanted. God I love her!

Paul: I've read this article before, but revisit it every 6 months or so. Very well-written. What I've noticed on this journey from sheep to sheepdog, is that I get better at recognizing other sheepdogs. Kind of a secret brotherhood of sorts.

You see them in the parking lot of your neighborhood grocery store, at the gas station pumping gas, out walking the dog, or in the park playing with their kids. These people just give off a vibe that they are very aware of their suroundings, and are in a calm state of readiness.

I've even gotten better at spotting the wolves too. They are there usually just on the perimeter of the sheep's consciousness. Their body language is very much a dead giveaway.

I love this topic, and think its right at home on this forum.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

The thing about the sheeple/sheep dog analogy that doesn't exactly work is that real sheep can be motivated to ACT by real sheep dogs. The sheep dogs know what's supposed to happen and they make the sheep move.

But sheeple are stuck in the mud. They can't be motivated to act. Most of the sheeple I know won't do shit if it's outside their little comfort zone. Even if they can SEE the damn wolf, they might not see him as a threat until it's too late.

At least sheep can be motivated to act. Even if they aren't aware that it's in their own best self-interest, you can get them moving. Sheeple don't work that way. In fact, half the damn sheeple will start making arguments that the wolves HAVE AS MUCH A RIGHT TO BE THERE AS THEY (the sheeple) DO!

True. One thing that real sheep have going for them, which human sheeple don't is INSTINCT. Hundreds of thousands of years of natural selection have weeded out the sheep that couldn't avoid being food. The remaining sheep don't question that strong sense of danger when it comes around. They simply know something's wrong, and they need to escape.

Sheeple unfortunately, live in a continual state of denial; sometimes even while the wolf is standing in front of them. They will deny there is real danger until the very end. In that regard, real sheep are smarter.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

That is a great read.

I think that whoever reads this already knows which they are before they are done reading it.

IMO, The people that surround you are the ones you need to question.

That one that appears to be the Sheep might just turn out to be The Big Bad Wolf or The Sheepdog From Hell when the time comes.

That one that appears to be the Wolf might just turn out to be a Weakdick or ........

That one that appears to be the Sheepdog might just let you down when the time comes because of a facade it has put up.

We've seen it all too many times in our lives.

Whether you are a Sheep, Wolf or Sheepdog,

Remember the old saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover".

• Like 1

A man who has to read the words of another man or follow the thoughts of another man to find his way is not a real man at all. All men blaze their own path.

Did you just call every Christian a Pussy???????

A man who has to read the words of another man or follow the thoughts of another man to find his way is not a real man at all. All men blaze their own path.

Could be taken that way. Might wanna clarify that one t165. Even "trailblazers" have their influencers.

Good read, but just to update the analogy, there was no way possible that cell phone conversation was made at that time with the technology at that time as I have been able to verify. "Let's Roll" was pure bullshit. (anybody remember the Jessica Lynch story?) (yes your Gov lies to you to get patriotic feelings in their favor) It just could not have have happened. Anyway. still a good read, and you never know who will turn out to be your best friend or your worst enemy when it comes down to the moment at hand. Homer Simsons neighbor Ned Flanders might be the guy that saves the day. One thing for sure though, just like the people that built the anti-nuke bunkers back in the 50's, the (people that didn't) and the people that didn't arm themselves are going to flock to you like a magnet asking for salvation and help, even if they called you a gun nut and shunned you prior.

Edited by BronCobraJet

Don't bother...

It's a lost cause.

Remember, you're talking to a guy that would give up his rights out of fear.

One who talks about honor & manhood, yet lives off of a woman.

In essance, a Pimp.

tbags....

Get the fuck off my thread.

Go back to lurking as anonymous.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

I gotta go with Wolf, or more appropriately, Ulfheidn. I "take" only what I need to survive, nothing more and often less than those around me say I should(I'm just trying to make a living, not a killing).

The analogy makes me sick, we'd be much better off learning from the wolf than demonising them. Many look at the wolf pack and see only chaos, I see only order. Healthy wolves do not kill without need, they kill only to survive. Ferral dogs on the other hand are particularly heinous in their actions, esp in urban areas. They fear only those that pose an immediate threat.

Perhaps the analogy should be, "Sheep, Sheep Dog, Ferral Dog or Wolf" Ferral dogs being those theives/murders, etc. with no moral concious, that take everything whether they need it or not. Wolves being those that seek to defend themselves, their family/pack and their territory(and it's resources) from those that would take it from them. Not to nitpic, but that makes more sence to me.

Most men that choose not to learn from others mistakes and acheivements, are doomed to waste more time doing the former than the latter. And while it is true that ALL men make their own way, most of those that try to do it totally on their own, don't live long enuf for others to read about it.

That said, no man should seek to walk the path of another exactly. We all have different sized "feet and legs", lol.

No Juggs...seeing as to how what the son of god was speaking for one who was not a man at all. And I'll spare everyone here the continued beating of a troll with a dead end job who lives in a dump of a house and eats his dogs medication to get high. :rolleyes:

Well, looks like ya got me pinned.

The Lord has kept me comfortable with my 2 careers that I alternate between, but one of such "exceeding wealth" as yourself must see my measly middle class income as chump change.

Thank you for restraining from humiliating me any further with your endless wit & deceptive charm.

Edit:

My my my, what a mess... how quickly a philosophical thread devolves into Fight Club material.

Speaking of, Admin Team, would moving this thread over there be appropriate? 'Cause it seems at least one poster in it's looking for a fight...

Good point,

If you're around here a while, you may get a "buddy" too.

This is the only guy I clash with on a regular basis. He pops in once in a while & shit escalates, we have been there twice largely because I just can't resist calling bullshit on his storm-trooper routine, I don't wish to wast my time any longer.

If people stop posting in it, (myself included) it will slowly sink to the bottom & hopefully the next post will be on topic.

Edited by Paulyski

My my my, what a mess... how quickly a philosophical thread devolves into Fight Club material.

Speaking of, Admin Team, would moving this thread over there be appropriate? 'Cause it seems at least one poster in it's looking for a fight...