My S12 BUILD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even in its current configuration it's a thousand times better than the Saiga 12 the average Brit can legally keep inside their own house. Gotta love spending your hard earned money on a weapon that

Tough guy, throwing stones across an ocean. Welcome to the board, asshole!

I really feel the guy is trying to the best of his ability to build a saiga that does not look like 1000 other s12's   The whole point I believe is to have fun and build skills while working on your

Ok well i am glad all of funshootins chums are up at bat for him... you all practically suck him off... is he your idol ...no wonder your country is going to shit. Now to talk about guns. Well lets start ... you have to import a reliable gun from Russia and in order to make it legal for your gov it gets raped and impregnated with american made junk. Then most of you use G3 style sights...That is a Nato gun that your country did not adobt. Finally you buy some TAPCO M4 stocks and don a Flashlight and paint it black so you can take it to the range and compare the clones with your chums and compensate for short commings with more accessories. Well chaps have at it. I can buy a Porsch and weld a pickup truck bed on it. Yes it will be different from all the others out there but it would be ruined and worthless.

Let's see--it's about 3 or 4 in the morning in London now. Knock back a few more pints and go to bed so you don't embarrass yourself further, old chap.

Don't be angry at him he is trying so hard to be the next Simon cowel. He even used the words American and idol in the same post. The only good thing to come out of there was Ozzy.

Eh... They had a few good ones... I'd lean more towards Pink Floyd myself... But that's for another thread lol...

• Like 1

Don't be angry at him he is trying so hard to be the next Simon cowel. He even used the words American and idol in the same post. The only good thing to come out of there was Ozzy.

Eh... They had a few good ones... I'd lean more towards Pink Floyd myself... But that's for another thread lol...

Pink Floyd!!!!!!!! :super::super::super::super::super:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy shit! I last looked at this post and added late january, been some setbacks with the muzzle break, as in who knows when it will be done. thinkin bout buying one instead of having one made custom (apparently custom means one or two months). Thanks for defending my quick n sloppy welds, that both homemade stocks were built for fit and feel purposes NOT FINISHED PRODUCT, spent little effort on the details. I am by no means a pro welder but I can fab some bad ass 4x4 stuff, this was my first foray into welding on gun stuff, the important stuff is done real nice and I took my time, the crude prototype stocks I did with the mig, kinda slapped together. My S-12 sits unfinished on the welding table till the brake is done....then dura coat....then finally done. Winter hit us good here so Ivebeen doing lots of wheeling, and breaking shit on the jeep, like grenading the carrier and pretzeling the front and rear track bars so Ive been a little occupied with the fix break sleep repeat thing. doing a draco sbr this weekend for a buddy and mine is on its way (2 vz stocks arrived today) and put a deposit on my second s12 (22") Thanks for backin me up guys.

• 8 months later...

1st saiga is done. Its been on the backburner for a while, so busy with work and wheelin on the weekends. The duracoat came out diffrent. grey green base, pine needels as stencils, then mixed in some brown and then greys. changes color in diffrent lighting. In bright sunlight its almost a flat dark earth, in shade its dark greyish OD kinda green, and in low light its grey, the furniture is a dark dark grey/black mix. used up some odds and ends in my duracoat collection, I like it. was never satisfied with the stocks I made, stole the original handguard for another project and ditched the magwell for now so I can run drums. poly choke was a simpler solution as my muzzlebreak project fell thru. So here it is. cant wait to take it out for deer and turkey. gonna sight it in and see what slugs it prefers.IMG_55501.jpgIMG_55511.jpgIMG_5557.jpgIMG_5562.jpgIMG_5553.jpgIMG_5552.jpgIMG_5560.jpgIMG_5559.jpg

Edited by funshootin1
  • Like 1

my secrets out,the pine needle paintjob !! . yeah, I was bored and was gonna do a dark grey but then figured what the hell. Its pretty weird though, In bright sun it looks like flat dark earth, in shade the green shows through, and in flourescent lighting it looks grey. depending on the lighting it changes color, just kept blending in diffrent colors I had layin around from a flectarn kit. nice n subdued for turkey season. thanks. cant wait to start the shorty. man do these things shoot good, nice tight groups with slugs n buck, twist the choke and turkey loads and even cheapo light loads shoot well once I figured out the gas settings. Ive had alot of semi shotguns and this one is by far the softest shooting.