What does your factory certificate say for accuracy

My first 223 was on the 70s (mm), and both 7,62x39s I had were 80s (81 & 86mm). I was shocked to see "131mm" on my new 223 certificate! I am hoping It was a Monday gun, and Ivan had too much STOLICHNAYA over the week end. I will be able to do a 25 yard function test before long, so hopefully it will do about 3/4" at 25. 100 yard will be months away for me, but if it goes 2" at 25, I'll know it was not Ivan! Here's hoping.

What does your 223 certificate say?

Edited by imarangemaster

My first 223 was on the 70s (mm), and both 7,62x39s I had were 80s (81 & 86mm). I was shocked to see "131mm" on my new 223 certificate! I am hoping It was a Monday gun, and Ivan had too much STOLICHNAYA over the week end. I will be able to do a 25 yard function test before long, so hopefully it will do about 3/4" at 25. 100 yard will be months away for me, but if it goes 2" at 25, I'll know it was not Ivan! Here's hoping.

What does your 223 certificate say?

My says 93mm, if I remember correctly. Don't be worried by the poor value on your latest. My 5.45x39 had 134, but is a very accurate shooter. It does better than 3/4 inches at 25 yards.

Edited by Jim Digriz

My certificate says 106mm. And yes, it says on the certificate that it's based on a 4 shot group. Now; how much does it change from the first shot being a totally cold barrel, to shots 2-4 which are warmer? Hard to figure. Now, my 106mm converts to 4.17 Inches. Well, the day I put on my reflex sight; 1:1 magnification; after I finally sighted it in; i finished up with a new target and a full 30 round magazine that I purposely shot pretty fast. Still aiming, but probably a shot ever 2 seconds. All 30 shots were definitely less that a 4" spread. That was at 100 yards and OME (Old Man Eyes). And without a benchrest. I'm positive that with some sand bags or anything, and even a 3-9 or fixed 4 power scope, that I would get the shots a lot tighter.

86mm which figures alittle over three inches...On almost all my guns pistols or rifles the first shot is a flyer, sometimes as much as 2" at 25yds...I have no idea how "Ivan" tests these guns or at what distance, my guess he picks a # between 80 and 100 and puts the manual in the box....No use wasting that high quality Wolf ammo!!

fuckin' a 136mm haha me tinks someone had to much to drink on their lunch break

Either that or they're breaking in the "new kid" on the firing range.

My recently received '09' .223 is also 136mm. :barf:

Thanks to Global Warming, snow, cold and ice has kept me from the range. Don't yet know what it's capable of.

Bob

fuckin' a 136mm haha me tinks someone had to much to drink on their lunch break

Either that or they're breaking in the "new kid" on the firing range.

My recently received '09' .223 is also 136mm. :barf:

Thanks to Global Warming, snow, cold and ice has kept me from the range. Don't yet know what it's capable of.

Bob

YES SIR. HERE IN THE MID WEST WE ARE HAVING ONE OF THE COLDEST WINTERS IN YEARS. At my daughters house in Mississippi, it was 17 last night. We have been rountinely single digit and even below zero a few times. Running about 20 degrees colder than normal so far.

Bob

Unless you are just worried about your own personal safety in those conditions, get out and shoot. The saiga can take it! :killer::lolol:

Unless you are just worried about your own personal safety in those conditions, get out and shoot. The saiga can take it! :killer::lolol:

I keep wanting to shoot my Saiga in the cold. Unfortunately, every time there is severe weather here, the range shuts down. Lame people.

I keep wanting to shoot my Saiga in the cold. Unfortunately, every time there is severe weather here, the range shuts down. Lame people.

That's why I love living in the stix...got a lotta farm and woods so the 100 yard range is possible...it has been alright in Michigan, but I am used to the colder weather so IDK or IDC...lol

• 6 months later...

ok, stupid question here... but do none of you have ranges that are large? I am starting to think that i'm blessed to have access to a range with everything from 30 yard practice ranges up to 600 yard high power ranges... Is that an uncommon thing?