Promag 12 Round Drum

So he came up with a good design in CAD. Took it to some manufacturer who makes sturdy plastic products and had them tool up for him. The MD 20 is great and lots of people here have them and love them. Torture tests are impressive. Very impressive.

Say ProMag was around first with a $100 drum. Say it was spotty on quality. One guy's works great. One guy's doesn't. Do you really think someone would have tried to make a similar mag and try selling it at triple the price, even if it was vastly superior quality? I doubt it. Maybe at $50 more, sure. But nowhere close to triple.

the first part of your quote tells me you've never come close to manufacturing anything. it's nowhere near that simple. if it were, you'd end up a product like Promag puts out with crap quality and spotty reliability.

There are some people who would pay for $100 for a drum that only marginally works. i can't argue with you. i don't know why you would pay $100 let alone $10 for something that jams on you, but people do. If a product that comes along for triple the price but is ultra reliable, then the answer is YES, i would rather buy (1) $300 drum that works 100% of the time rather than (3) $100 drums that work marginally.

Quite frankly, i am embarrassed at how people are treating Mike.

Caspian

• Like 2
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me get something clear here. I don't think they will be worth a damn! I haven't yet tried one so can't say for sure. But what I do know is your position on this subject is "Silly" to put it as

Sounds like this would have made a better PM....nice.   Well you're wrong Mike. You are taking things much too personal. I made an observation based on what has been written on these pages and that

It's no use. I'll get thrown under the bus for trying to defend myself against an attack that should have been a private conversation. If you hadn't quoted it I was on my here to just delete it. Thank

Posted Images

I agree with Caspian 100%.

Besides, this is a promag thread, not an MD arms thread. I explained some points in my previous post, on the page prior to this one.

You know when I agree with Caspian, something is "up".

All that aside, the one thing I have to say about Mike, is that he literally put his entire LIFE on the line to come out with the drum he sells. And he succeeded. He deserves each and every dollar then and now, for what he did. Hell, he deserves 200k just in blood money for what Im sure his woman reacted like while he was starting off with this whole affair...

oh....while Im on the subject of Mike. He wasnt the one who let the public know that he put his house on a 2nd mortgage and sold his tree business (and livelihood) to get this done. it was his competition. If this had failed on Mike, he woulda been homeless. Thats a hell of a price to front for a "hope it will sell".

Mike, kudos to you....you did it.

now back to the topic at hand....the PROMAGS....

• Like 1

I agree with Mike, these look cheaply made, but in this market as I have found out, most people don't give two shit's about great product, they're just looking for cheap crap! :smoke:

I'll take my MD/Chaos over Promag/UTG any day of the week....

+1.

:ph34r: Man.. I really stirred up some shit here

Hey, a 5-page thread with differing opinions........that hasn't ended up in personal insults and shit talk and immediately having the thread thrown into Fight Club? That's damn good for this forum.

You didn't stir anything, IMO. People are remaining civil. That's a good thing, and unfortunately, a rarity around here lately.

(For the record, none of my posts in this thread are to deter anyone from picking up and trying this drum out. I was just stating my personal opinions on the matter, and explaining why I'll never own another Pro Mag product again. If you buy it, and it works beautifully, then more power to you. But I'll be hitting up MD Arms for my S12 drum needs when I get out of NY.)

I'll wait for the double stack mags from Mike. I had 2 drums, traded one for some cool stuff but i'll keep getting Mike's products. He is a supporter of this forum and i'll be looking at Chaos drums also as he is a supporter of this site. As soon as i get some more cash together i'll be getting more drums from both. Both you guys keep up the good work.

What we really need is a 3in magnum MD drum for those of us shooters that are well endowed to go with the regular one. Mike can call the magnum drum "Extra strenght." I bet that 90% of this forum would own both drums if Mike was to creat a magnum one. :super:

As for promag drums, I am done talking about it. :ded:

Edited by Crusader

What we really need is a 3in magnum MD drum for those of us shooters that are well endowed to go with the regular one. Mike can call the magnum drum "Extra strenght." I bet that 90% of this forum would own both drums if Mike was to creat a magnum one. :super:

As for promag drums, I am done talking about it. :ded:

+1

We needs a 3" magnum drum. :super:

Is it just me or does this thread seen like an ad to promote promags drum? :smoke:

getting to feel that way...... Following Indy's lead and closing.... Move later...