i would`ve sank the boat with them in it!it would prove a point to pirates,to deter them!sorry,i`am sure maybe one knew how to swim;but that`s the choice they made!everyone has a choice;chose it well!

At 13 second mark, when camera pans left, 2nd guy, IS THAT A 12 GAUGE?? Mag looks huge....could be...

Looks like an AK-74 with 45 round Bakelite magazine.

+1 real nice ones too.

looks like the 5.45 bullets did a number on that guys legs too.

Edited by GregM1

When they pull out the UF AKs one guys says "they arnt Soviet built"

I like how the wounded guy says its a fishing boat...lol. AKs, TTs, handgrenades, mags, ammo, ladders...yea fishing boat alright!!

They had a little boating accident on their way back to the coast. It happens. LOL

Seriously, I bet the pirates will think twice about attacking Russian ships now.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

It'll never happen 'cause we've gotten soft (THANK YOU AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL!) and the Russian haven't ('cause AI isn't in their legal vocabulary...)

We have grown too politacally correct.

At one time - we followed English common law which allowed for trial and carry-of-sentance at sea, but the media and public opinion screwed that...

Now - we transport them for trial where the enjoy the blessings of our bill-of-rights and "case law"...

Viva la Republic!

(It's French - get used to it or learn Spanish...)

Interesting how some of them were Pakistanis and not Somalians. The guy bleeding on the boat was Arab not African. And those on the Russian boat, at night, were asked who was from Pakistan. Those who raised their hands were separated from the Somalis. I have a feeling that only the Somali pirates "disappeared" and the Pakistani pirates were probably jailed or released to Pakistani authorities

Interesting how some of them were Pakistanis and not Somalians. The guy bleeding on the boat was Arab not African. And those on the Russian boat, at night, were asked who was from Pakistan. Those who raised their hands were separated from the Somalis. I have a feeling that only the Somali pirates "disappeared" and the Pakistani pirates were probably jailed or released to Pakistani authorities

Interesting points, Arik. What would be Russia's reasons for not "disappearing" the Pakistanis? Fear of reprisal? Bounty? Extradition treaty with Pakistan?

Not sure. Could be that they dont want to start a fight with multiple nations at one time, or at all. If they had Pakistanis who else could be there? Iraqis? Albanians? Moroccans? Any number of people from other Muslim countries. This is something new to us however, those that patrol the waters around Somalia could very well know that its more international than we are led to believe. Maybe there are agreements with the governments of countries who's ex-pats are working along side the Somalis. On the video, during the night footage, as the weapons are displayed, at the 2:08 mark, you can hear a guy over the radio saying "The Arabs are saying that they....." Than it cuts off. Could be they were in communication with Pakistani authorities.

Interesting points, Arik. What would be Russia's reasons for not "disappearing" the Pakistanis? Fear of reprisal? Bounty? Extradition treaty with Pakistan?

Perhaps due to the Pakis being a big purchaser of Russian military hardware?