I have a very nice sporterized Springfield 1903 30-06. I don't consider it 'old' as I bought it in 1986 at an auction in Idaho. Same for my M1 Carbine (Universal Korean War era). However I do consider my war-trophy Tokarev 7.62mm With matching cyrillic serial numbers on the mag and frame and dated 1940 to be my 'foundation' gun. Picked it up on the streets of an un-named village in ROV in 1962 when I was an 18 ur old soldier who thought he was Audie Murphy !

I'm not exactly sure what I got here. I think it's a FN copy of a baby Browning and I

think the last two numbers 29 may be the date but I could be wrong. I do believe

its the oldest gun I own and is a nice shooter.

post-1480-069636600 1286677305_thumb.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what I got here. I think it's a FN copy of a baby Browning and I

think the last two numbers 29 may be the date but I could be wrong. I do believe

its the oldest gun I own and is a nice shooter.

post-1480-069636600 1286677305_thumb.jpg

It's not a copy, that is the Browning 1905, often called the "baby Browning". If there's a copy, it's the Colt 1908 Vest Pocket in .25 ACP. Nice pistol!

Edited by Shandlanos

On second thought, I also have an Enfield of 1917 and two 1903 A3 Springfields all of uncertain manufacture date, but any one could be slightly older than the Remington 11A known to be 1916. All are shooters, and I love to shoot them all.

An FN 1900 pistol, Colt 1903 pistol, Argentine Mauser carabine 1909, FN 1910/22 pistol, Walther model 9 pistol (pre-WWII), the rest is "younger".

Brgds, A

Ooh, is your 1903 a type one, two, or three? I have a type three made, if I recall correctly, in 1919. Love those pistols, mostly because of the bizarre takedown.

• 3 weeks later...