The same people that make anti-meat propaganda like this would cry bloody murder if we didn't use the whole chicken (i.e. beaks, eyes, guts, assholes & elbows).

While I don't disagree that there are healthier things to eat, pink chicken paste doesn't bother me any more than eating restaurant quality aged steak or prime rib (where it sits in room for 30-45 days to mold over and tenderize). But I suppose it is better to throw 2/3 of the animal away and pay at least 200% more for the parts we do eat rather than using the whole animal in products we eat and use in our daily lives like gelatin (yes jello & gummy bears are made from beef by-products), leather, down, glue and more.

Additionally (assuming that the ammonia part is factual), if we didn't sanitize the "by-products", then we would kill at least half of the people that consumed them. Amazingly in most places, it is cooked to extremely high temperatures to quell bacterial growth rather than by adding smelling salts/floor cleaner to make it tasty.

I am sure McNuggets are also the sole cause of global warming since it was McDonalds beef and Styrofoam containers that destroyed all the world's the rainforests & the ozone layer (anyone else remember this shit?).

So since nobody in the world is poor or starving right now, let's just eat 100% organic chicken breasts at $18.99+ a pound and throw the rest of the animal away! That would be the right and compassionate thing to do because we don't want McDonald's to continue to abduct people, chain them down at their restaurants and then force feed them their poison rainforest-killing products laced with addictive chemicals like ammonia anymore!

• Like 1

Dont forget to do some research into "cornish cross" chickens. Kinda like breeding a chihuahua and a st. bernard.

You get a bird that grows meat mass faster than bone mass... yes, that is what they use in the processing facilities... anyone can buy them to grow them at home, for slaughter, too... no their beaks are NOT CLIPPED like they do in the poultry barns to keep them from pecking each other to death... that is just a typical chicken thing, they ALL will do it in that kind of proximity, and if ONE gets a little spot, all the others will peck that spot... till the one is dead...

Yes, your home raised birds will look funny growing up too, and will wobble around quite a bit, but in 6 weeks you will have a bird the size of a standard 12-14 week old bird.

If you DO NOT kill them, eventually the bones WILL catch up and you will have a relatively normal looking chicken when its matured.

But why feed a bird for 14 weeks, when you can do it for 6 and get twice the meat at that point?!?!?

Do I agree with some of the practices they do in chicken farms?? NOPE...

Do I like to EAT chicken??? YUPPERS!!! :up:

I still do not believe the pink love snake is chicken!

:smoke:

yeah i say its not chicken either, no idea what it is but like you said why would it be going into a CARDBOARD box!? that is way unsanitary! i don't think that is a food product at all. also dont believe the ammonia crap either. i would rather have organic, free range chicken but im poor and cant afford it so... i just buy the 2lb frozen bags with the enormous chicken breasts the size of a small turkey breast for like $8!!

If you really wanna know the sick truth. The chickens usually dont even have time to GROW beaks. They pump them so full of roids, most of them are still chirping when they go to the processing plant. A full frown chicken chirping.......:unsure:

Yeah it's fucking nasty. I saw one about KFC chickens and they are so pumped full of roids that they get so big their legs break :ded:

"Factory food" is probably one of the worst things to ever happen to humanity. Most western people are entirely disconnected with their food supply. They have no idea how crops should be grown and animals should be raised and slaughtered, and they have no idea what abominations of modern science the "food" we eat is. The corporations would not be able to get away with this crap for a second, if more people knew just how disgusting the shit they are eating is and stopped buying it. I have never in my whole life met someone who heard this kinda stuff and wasn't completely disgusted.

Yeah...but...what about all the insane Amish and their whole diabolical milk making scheme?

I've eaten the mystery meat sticks on gate 2 street in okinowa japan.

Yakitori is the asian equivalent of the hot dog, and I'll be damned if any mystery meat stuck skewered on a stick and dropped in a cup of teriyaki dosn't all taste the same.

that said. Its still meat, and I'm hungry.

Well.. my feeling on the whole situation...

I'm 6'4, 195 lbs, healthier then any of my ancestors and I can sleep on a full stomach for very cheap.

Maybe it's a bit gross- maybe its unhealthy compared to what we COULD make if we spent more time and made more quality products that less people could afford..

If you want quality food- it's out there.. pay for it.. But for the rest of us who are satisfied or don't care I think that factory food has really raised that bar on what an average person can expect to get with their hard earned money, and it sure as anything hasn't killed me.

I guess it's easy to complain about quality when quantity is no longer a problem for you.. but quit whining and take your business elsewhere.

and while I'm on a rant.. Half the world is starving, and we create enormous waste burning corn for fuel "for the enviorment" so we can feel good about ourselves. Our concept of food and a lack of understanding of starvation or any situation apart from our all you can eat (goverment paid if you can't afford it!) really is warping what we feel entitled too.

Edited by volkov
"Factory food" is probably one of the worst things to ever happen to humanity. Most western people are entirely disconnected with their food supply. They have no idea how crops should be grown and animals should be raised and slaughtered, and they have no idea what abominations of modern science the "food" we eat is. The corporations would not be able to get away with this crap for a second, if more people knew just how disgusting the shit they are eating is and stopped buying it. I have never in my whole life met someone who heard this kinda stuff and wasn't completely disgusted.

You gotta watch the documentary called Food Inc if you haven't seen it yet. Actually, everyone does.

The next question is whatever it is... why is it going DIRECTLY into a cardboard box?!?!?

anything "ground up meat" is not something you would put in direct contact with corrugated... it would suck all the moisture out VERY quickly and turn into dark brown sludge very promptly after that... ever have a package of meat leak into a paper bag?? Yeah... you know how it gets all yuck real fast!

:smoke:

Call all the BS you want, when I used to work in a "mom and pop" kfc we got our chicken from the local plant frozen on ice in waxed corrugated. So yes it can go in a cardboard box, not saying you'll want to eat it if you saw it but people lined up coming out of the fryer.

• Like 1

Speaking of barely edible food, did ya hear the corn industry is lobbying to change the name of 'high fructose corn syrup' to 'corn sugar' to give it a friendlier name? It'll still be slightly less toxic than cyanide, but more marketable.

• Like 1

Well we could shopping and eating like this instead. MacDonald's is sounding better and better.

Actually some of that stuff didnt look bad. That catfish and chicken was prolly fucking great! Was probably fresh and didnt have any nasty chemicals added. People have been eating that stuff for centuries. Ever stop and ask yourself why cancer is so common these days?

Ive known quite a few people who have been over seas and shipped me some pretty strange things. Chocolate covered crickets, worms.....but the chocolate covered mushrooms from....were the best. :lolol:

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Well we could shopping and eating like this instead. MacDonald's is sounding better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fvzFwEFTw

I eat grub worms and grasshoppers and regular worms right out of the ground. The fat white/green grubs and grasshoppers are delicious raw or unprepared. I bet they could be even better with some touch up paint.

So, along comes a chicken scientist to tell us more . .

Behind the Chicken Goop: The Truth and Science of Chicken Nuggets

In other news, they apparently have been turning dark meat into white meat for some time now. .

UGA scientist takes dark out of chicken meat

What's next? plastic in our foods and cardboard "enhanced" food?

P.S. Yes, our foods do have food-grade plastics and cellulose (cardboard) in them, and have had for years. . .

• Like 1

So, along comes a chicken scientist to tell us more . .

Behind the Chicken Goop: The Truth and Science of Chicken Nuggets

In other news, they apparently have been turning dark meat into white meat for some time now. .

UGA scientist takes dark out of chicken meat

What's next? plastic in our foods and cardboard "enhanced" food?

P.S. Yes, our foods do have food-grade plastics and cellulose (cardboard) in them, and have had for years. . .

It's OK. I will just pray over my food and I am sure that it will save me from the horrific concoctions the scientists come up with.

• Like 1