TROMIX MONSTER BRAKE

Hi. I am looking for the best of the best in recoil technology w.o. adding mid barrel compensators and I think I am highly interested in the Tromix Monster Brake. It looks serious and looks like it would work well I am just unsure of how it would actually looks on my S12. Has any1 used it? I would like to see some pics of an S12 with a Monster Brake on it if an1 has any?

Hi. I am looking for the best of the best in recoil technology w.o. adding mid barrel compensators and I think I am highly interested in the Tromix Monster Brake. It looks serious and looks like it would work well I am just unsure of how it would actually looks on my S12. Has any1 used it? I would like to see some pics of an S12 with a Monster Brake on it if an1 has any?

Here is a link to one of my builds with a Tromix monster brake.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2867

Hope this helps.

Mike

Tromix monster brake is probably the best you can buy, although JTE competition brakes are close. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think CSS has the Tromix monster on sale for $169. Think the JTE brakes goes for $99 guess you'll have to decide if the $69 difference is worth it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2867

Hope this helps.

Mike

What are the stats on that gun? Barrel length? Number of ports? Size of ports? Gas block relocated?

Tromix monster brake is probably the best you can buy, although JTE competition brakes are close. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think CSS has the Tromix monster on sale for $169. Think the JTE brakes goes for $99 guess you'll have to decide if the $69 difference is worth it.

That is correct, CSS has it for $169. I would spend the extra dough to get it. Looks pretty kickbutt on efficiency as to the JTE brakes seem to have more of their vents/slots facing upward and downward and the tromix monster are rear facing side vents with vertical "hole" type vents.

Oh yeahh...and chowderhead, I haven't even purchased my 2nd S12 yet. I am this week but I (of coarse like any other S12 enthusiastic lover) have made my list of parts I want for this bad boy ang I have a lot of plans for it. :smoke: Maybe competition gun...we'll see.

My post was in response to waffenscmied's link. You are a fresh face here I wouldn't expect you to know the measurements of someone elses gun. He quoted you and I quoted him so your came up in my post... Not intentional. Much love..

:lolol: yeah that was stupid...I realized that in the 1st 2 words of ur reply. I am pretty much a fresh face. I've been on here for a while but i hadn't used the forum in almost a year up until about a week ago. So my forum/thread etiquette and skills aren't sharpened. thanks.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike's builds that incorporate the Tromix "monster brake" are the only way to use the part. Attaching that thing to the end of a stock IZ-109 ~19.3" barrel looks fucking ridiculous.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike's builds that incorporate the Tromix "monster brake" are the only way to use the part. Attaching that thing to the end of a stock IZ-109 ~19.3" barrel looks fucking ridiculous.

ymmv.

ohh no doubt....I will have the barrell cut and the brake permanantly put on my S12 if I use it.

• 2 months later...

ymmv.

i bet they are! I would love to see a pic on one anyway...015.gif

So does anyone have pics and the correct procedure

to cut thread and permanently attach the monster brake?

i've seen a thread on here discussing this. If I recall correctly, you need to take the barrel off in order to cut it legally, or send it to someone licensed to make such modifications. I was under the impression that If you cut the barrel down while it's still attached, you would temporally be in possession of an illegal sawed off shotgun. I could be wrong though.

Read the thread. It is about putting a brake on the barrel; and how silly a 4" brake would look on a 19" barrel. Any customized gun that you see for resale has the barrel cut down to the proper length adding the length of the brake permmenitly attached to make the barrel a total of 18.5".

I made this one out of aluminum with 33 holes angled backwards at 15 degrees with deep counter sinks. It added 3.5" to my gun. I haven't tried it out yet-too damn cold, but I will soon.

post-19191-0-22065800-1293158020_thumb.jpg

:eek: that's kick ass!!! Good work! Let us all know how that thing works in relation to recoil reduction if any...

I made this one out of aluminum with 33 holes angled backwards at 15 degrees with deep counter sinks. It added 3.5" to my gun. I haven't tried it out yet-too damn cold, but I will soon.

nice freaking work KT027.gif

Gotcha. Point is good luck on finding a replacement barrel.

That's the easy part, they come in a kit with a receiver, bolt carrier and bolt and some other stuff that nobody ever uses.:lolol:

Where can I find these kits? I haven't seen a barrel listed as part of the kits that I found on the net.

Edited by covcreo

Nice looking... that one looks like it may pull the shotty forward out of your hands when you shoot :)

Gotcha. Point is good luck on finding a replacement barrel.

That's the easy part, they come in a kit with a receiver, bolt carrier and bolt and some other stuff that nobody ever uses.:lolol:

Where can I find these kits? I haven't seen a barrel listed as part of the kits that I found on the net.

...He was joking... Read the parts in the kit, he's talking about buying a complete new firearm as a "kit" to build off of.

Edited by Trigun5312