:rolleyes: Let's not this become a crap on a weapon manufacturer thread. :cryss: Info, when on the market, and test results. :smoke:

Don't be an asshole. They have put out shitty products in the past. For safety sake, the general public should be aware of this.

This thing looks like every other abortion George Kellgren puts out. MAYBE this unit won't melt/misfire/break like the rest of kel tec's piles of shit, but I doubt it. Anyone who buys this is should be questioned for sanity.

Do you have a first hand experience with a Kel Tec melting, misfiring and breaking in your hand? I own and have owned a lot of "plastic" guns and none of them ever melted or broke on me (and very rarely do I have a misfire with anything that isn't ammo related).

blah blah blah... I made bad decisions buying bubba-d POS guns blah blah blah

Not bad for a company that only puts out "abortions"!

Actually, there is this new thing called a search engine and you dont have to have a degree, or even be smarter than a fucking 3rd grader to use it. Lets go down the list of Kel Tec failures.... just from the first page or so of results I found using the website "Google"...

1: A guy fires 100 rounds through his PLR-16 and MELTS his plastic handguards:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1198280250/20

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165261820

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165295638

2: Here are several threads related to misfiring of several of their Pieces of shit "products".

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1289261222

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3435507

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=2720736

3: Here are some links to broken firing pins, broken springs broken pieces from several of their Piece of shit "Products"

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1268846215

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215666

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?42919-KelTec-P3AT-broken-mainspring

Finally, I encourage you to (in the future) make better decisions with your money. Buying one of Kel Tec's "products" is putting your life and the lives of those around you at risk. Plane and simple.

Using the same 3rd grader technology and logic, apparently all AK's are going to instantly catch on fire if you shoot them:

You can do the same search engine trick and find that a small minority of guns from any manufacturer or design have issues - especially when subjecting them to high volume rapid firing.

If you don't have first hand experience with one that you want to share relevant to the thread, then let the rest of us insane Kel Tec gawkers be stupid and put our lives in imminent danger by looking at pictures of one!

I will be sure to look in my safe with caution from now on and hope I don't spontaneously explode!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 4
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be an asshole. They have put out shitty products in the past. For safety sake, the general public should be aware of this.       Actually, there is this new thing called a search engine and

Good luck in life.

Honestly, that is seriously fucking cool. 14 rounds in a compact, well balanced, purpose designed bullpup with a reliable pump action? Plus rail capabilities for low-to-bore red dots or irons? And I a

Posted Images

:rolleyes: Let's not this become a crap on a weapon manufacturer thread. :cryss: Info, when on the market, and test results. :smoke:

Don't be an asshole. They have put out shitty products in the past. For safety sake, the general public should be aware of this.

This thing looks like every other abortion George Kellgren puts out. MAYBE this unit won't melt/misfire/break like the rest of kel tec's piles of shit, but I doubt it. Anyone who buys this is should be questioned for sanity.

Do you have a first hand experience with a Kel Tec melting, misfiring and breaking in your hand? I own and have owned a lot of "plastic" guns and none of them ever melted or broke on me (and very rarely do I have a misfire with anything that isn't ammo related).

blah blah blah... I made bad decisions buying bubba-d POS guns blah blah blah

Not bad for a company that only puts out "abortions"!

Actually, there is this new thing called a search engine and you dont have to have a degree, or even be smarter than a fucking 3rd grader to use it. Lets go down the list of Kel Tec failures.... just from the first page or so of results I found using the website "Google"...

1: A guy fires 100 rounds through his PLR-16 and MELTS his plastic handguards:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1198280250/20

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165261820

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165295638

2: Here are several threads related to misfiring of several of their Pieces of shit "products".

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1289261222

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3435507

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=2720736

3: Here are some links to broken firing pins, broken springs broken pieces from several of their Piece of shit "Products"

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1268846215

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215666

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?42919-KelTec-P3AT-broken-mainspring

Finally, I encourage you to (in the future) make better decisions with your money. Buying one of Kel Tec's "products" is putting your life and the lives of those around you at risk. Plane and simple.

I've seen a lot of threads about people having to drill out gas ports on their brand new Saiga's to get the pieces of shit to cycle reliably too. Not to mention the whole bolt hold open sucked into receiver debacle that is replayed over and over with those sub par products.

• Like 4

I've seen a lot of threads about people having to drill out gas ports on their brand new Saiga's to get the pieces of shit to cycle reliably too. Not to mention the whole bolt hold open sucked into receiver debacle that is replayed over and over with those sub par products.

The fact is literally EVERY SINGLE Kel Tec product has had major catastrophic issues reported among many Many MANY websites. If you guys are seriously comparing the Kalashnikov platforms reliability to some jank pieces of shit made in Florida, than your just ill informed....

• Like 2

I own several of Kel-Tec products and have never had a failure of any kind. Kel-Tec products are warranted for life if issues should occur. Kel-Tec was selling so many P-3AT that Ruger felt they had to copy them. Next time I take the Kel-Tec's out I guess I should wear a double set of gloves and safety glasses.

Yakdung

• Like 1

The fact is literally EVERY SINGLE Kel Tec product has had major catastrophic issues reported among many Many MANY websites. If you guys are seriously comparing the Kalashnikov platforms reliability to some jank pieces of shit made in Florida, than your just ill informed....

To be honest I would not consider the Saiga 12 as reliable as it's 70 million rifle cousins. Yes it's a Kalashnikov based weapon, yes it shares some furniture and yes they run great either with a little work or a lot, yes they're a ton of fun, but they often need a good deal of drilling, tuning, resizing and polishing and not to mention a good amount of $ as well. Compared to the Saiga rifles that eat shit and spit fire and can go a lifetime without ever being introduced to a cleaning product.I know that may be heresy to say on here but it's true.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

I own several of Kel-Tec products and have never had a failure of any kind. Kel-Tec products are warranted for life if issues should occur. Kel-Tec was selling so many P-3AT that Ruger felt they had to copy them. Next time I take the Kel-Tec's out I guess I should wear a double set of gloves and safety glasses.

Yakdung

I mean dont get me wrong, if you are not worried about reliability, safety, resale value, ergonomics or aesthetics these things are probably fantastic.

(I kind of had you pegged as a Kel Tec Owner Yak) :haha:

• Like 1

Yakdung

I mean dont get me wrong, if you are not worried about reliability, safety, resale value, ergonomics or aesthetics these things are probably fantastic.

(I kind of had you pegged as a Kel Tec Owner Yak) :haha:

I have several Kel-Tec's in my collection and plan to add several more. I choose to buy and try and make a judgment call from real world experience rather then something I read on the "Internets". I have not felt the need to sell any of them as of yet but who knows.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 2

I have several Kel-Tec's in my collection and plan to add several more. I choose to buy and try and make a judgment call from real world experience rather then sometime I read on the "Internets". I have not felt the need to sell any of them as of yet but who knows.

Yakdung

Good luck in life.

• Like 1

Bigsal, i work for an FFL in SW Florida and have hands on experience with hundreds of guns from all across the firearm spectrum. Yes ive seen Keltecs fail, but ive also seen Glocks/Kahrs/Rohrbaughs fail.

I would say 9 out of every 10 guns we get back for repair are from Taurus, the other 10% are a conglomeration of other manufactures (Kimber, Sig, Colt, S&W and so on)

We sell more P3AT's then LCP's yet we get back more LCP's for repairs then we do P3AT's. We also sell Kahr P380's and return more of those then the keltecs, even though the P3AT's out sell them 5 to 1

We also sell approximately 5 PF9's a week and have had to return 2 to Keltec in the past year or so for feeding issues. On the Flip side we sell about 2 Kahr PM9s a month and we get those back more ofter (go figure)

Ive sold many sub200's with zero complaints, never had a single one come back for repair. I would usually compare it to another firearm at this point in time but there isn't one that i can think of that even comes close..

Im not saying they haven't had their fair share of problems over the years (nearly every manufactured has), but i think Keltec is running a much better operation then it was a few years back. Better materials, better machining and better designs.

They are also one of the only American companys that has shown any sort of true innovation in the past 15 years, they are the only company who has multiple firearms that cant be compared to anything else on the market because they are the only ones coming out with new shit.

No firearm company is going to be 100% reliable 100% of the time.

If needed i can provide pics of Glocks, M&Ps, Berettas, Mossbergs and Kimbers that have all suffered catastrophic failures.

Edited by presto_z
  • Like 6

Like I posted, be great if this didn't become a crap on manufacturer thread. :rolleyes: Some just can't help themselves. :lolol: If the failure was 1st hand, and are on a crusade, :angel: understandable. Especially if life or limb was involved, :ded: or the manufacturer failed to honor product. :zorro: Ya, all have a nice day now. :smoke:

• Like 2

Like I posted, be great if this didn't become a crap on manufacturer thread. :rolleyes: Some just can't help themselves. :lolol: If the failure was 1st hand, and are on a crusade, :angel: understandable. Especially if life or limb was involved, :ded: or the manufacturer failed to honor product. :zorro: Ya, all have a nice day now. :smoke:

Damn :cryss: dude :super: that's :smoke: a lot :haha: of :devil: smileys! :lolol:

• Like 3

Bigsal, i work for an FFL in SW Florida and have hands on experience with hundreds of guns from all across the firearm spectrum. Yes ive seen Keltecs fail, but ive also seen Glocks/Kahrs/Rohrbaughs fail.

I would say 9 out of every 10 guns we get back for repair are from Taurus, the other 10% are a conglomeration of other manufactures (Kimber, Sig, Colt, S&W and so on)

We sell more P3AT's then LCP's yet we get back more LCP's for repairs then we do P3AT's. We also sell Kahr P380's and return more of those then the keltecs, even though the P3AT's out sell them 5 to 1

We also sell approximately 5 PF9's a week and have had to return 2 to Keltec in the past year or so for feeding issues. On the Flip side we sell about 2 Kahr PM9s a month and we get those back more ofter (go figure)

Ive sold many sub200's with zero complaints, never had a single one come back for repair. I would usually compare it to another firearm at this point in time but there isn't one that i can think of that even comes close..

Im not saying they haven't had their fair share of problems over the years (nearly every manufactured has), but i think Keltec is running a much better operation then it was a few years back. Better materials, better machining and better designs.

They are also one of the only American companys that has shown any sort of true innovation in the past 15 years, they are the only company who has multiple firearms that cant be compared to anything else on the market because they are the only ones coming out with new shit.

No firearm company is going to be 100% reliable 100% of the time.

If needed i can provide pics of Glocks, M&Ps, Berettas, Mossbergs and Kimbers that have all suffered catastrophic failures.

Again, its a numbers game. One is FAR less likely to have problems with a Glock, Sig, CZ or Zastava pistol than with something Kel Tec spews out. As for being the only innovative American company I really doubt thats true, I mean there are plenty of Vendors on this forum whose products are made right here, are plenty unique and actually work without failure....

• Like 1

Wow such hate for Kel Tec. For the record, I've dealt with 2 RFB's in the past 6 months and both worked reliably. I've also shot SU-16's and own a Sub 2000, never had a jam in any of them.

Y'all haven't even gotten your hands on the gun and you're already condemning it. Oh well, thats good for me. I plan on buying 2 and they'll be easier to find this way. In fact I hope everyone hates it, that'll drive the price down so they'll be cheaper. It's a fucking pump shotgun people, they're pretty hard to screw up. Don't knock it till you try it, it's an innovative design and we should reward innovation, not condemn it before it arrives based on who it comes from.

• Like 6

You would think with this much kel tec hate you would be able to find them in the stores. Great costumer support life time warranty makes a great gun/toy. Although I still wouldnt trust it for shtf. Id use it but not trust it.

Sign me up this is the only shotgun let alone pump (besides my s12) I would ever add to my collection.

You would think with this much kel tec hate you would be able to find them in the stores. Great costumer support life time warranty makes a great gun/toy. Although I still wouldnt trust it for shtf. Id use it but not trust it.

Sign me up this is the only shotgun let alone pump (besides my s12) I would ever add to my collection.

Well around here to get some kel tech products, the shop or store has to order an X amount of kel tech products in order to get one. Not every shop wants to buy $3000 worth of kel tech guns in order to get sent 1 rfb.

Edited by GREYLUPO

Well around here to get some kel tech products, the shop or store has to order an X amount of kel tech products in order to get one. Not every shop wants to buy $3000 worth of kel tech guns in order to get sent 1 rfb.

Keltec doesn't sell direct, so your local ffl is feeding you some bs.. distributors will ship any amount of firearms for an order. If you want one tell them to contact amchar wholesale, they seem to be getting a fair amount of rfb's and pmr's

I got my pmr-30 for $40 over retail-serial #955. It feeds 30 rounds of .22mag without issue, but the plastic accesory rail warped down about 1/16" of an inch. E-mailed kel-tec and they said they'd repair it for free. I'm gonna do it myself, but that's nice to know. The one mag was stiff at first too, but it's good now. I like innovative companies, and they are unique.

$800 is a bit much for a pump unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me.

I agree - especially when you can get a converted Saiga 12 & a drum for that much.

If it is $800 MSRP, then the street price will be closer to $650 (which is still too rich for my blood on a pump). I will definitely eye-fuck one at the dealer's when they get it in though. :lolol:

Keltec doesn't sell direct, so your local ffl is feeding you some bs.. distributors will ship any amount of firearms for an order. If you want one tell them to contact amchar wholesale, they seem to be getting a fair amount of rfb's and pmr's

Nonsense, everyone knows that gun store owners and employees are always upstanding, honest, courteous folk who never spread lies or misinformation to make more money! :lolol:

• Like 1

Another +1 for KelTec!

I doubt they'll be making a 10 round version for California...dry.gif That thing is fuckin sexy though. I wonder if it alternates between tubes while firing or if it depletes one then the other? I'd give my left big toe for one of those RFB'swub.gif

But since I live in California, I cant just go out and buy any bullpup on the civilian market, I have to put together my own CA legal version. Thats one of the reasons I appreciate Boba's projects. I'm a fan of bullpups if you couldnt tell...

post-19654-0-25690200-1294030801_thumb.jpg

(Optics will be added once UltimAK makes their railed tube for the .308, and when that happens, the FSB and brake are coming off and I'm threading the barrel and adding a FSB-30)

first i wanna say hi i'm new here, just bought a Siaga 12 and love it. i'm in Ca so i thought i'd chime in on the above. Tube mags aren't regulated so you're good to go since it meets all the min. requirements for lengths, plus it has 2 7 round mags that you have to switch between from what i understand and Ca doesn't have anything in the laws about multi tube mags.

Edited by sam .223
  • Like 1

Using the same 3rd grader technology and logic, apparently all AK's are going to instantly catch on fire if you shoot them:

You can do the same search engine trick and find that a small minority of guns from any manufacturer or design have issues - especially when subjecting them to high volume rapid firing.

This is why I use mine the way I do. Some don't understand it... hundreds of rounds at a wack at the range through my AR and Saigas, Loads of 3" magnums through the 12ga shottys... Why? same reason marines are sent to the gas chamber every year. build confidence in the equipment(not to mention keep muscle memory). If it can't take it now, it won't then.

P1050031.JPG

smoke.jpg

AR.jpg

Happy halloween!.JPG