so just as the title states I'm looking at getting a new ccw weapon. I have been out of touch with alot lately and don't know what's out there realy not looking for a mini hand cannon just a reliable light weight hand gun any suggestions ?

I would rather a pistol right now I have a para warthog 3" 45 my dad gave me and would rather replace it incase something would happen to it. but I'm not looking for something to bulkey and cal probly any thing under a 45 should be ok

I switch between my 1911 and my S&W .38 Chiefs special. I think the ideal carry gun would be a snub nosed .357 mag. Good power, small package, light weight, simple operation and will never fail you when you need it. Just aim and shoot!

Realistically 5 shots will be plenty for any altercation if you are reasonably proficient with your weapon.

I carry my .38 more often because I can't even feel it on my belt. Nice and light. My 1911 seems to want to pull down my pants!! Dirty Gun!!

Walther PPS or Kahr pm9 if you want something light in 9mm. It's tiny though.Walther PPS if you can get used to the mag release.

Baby Glock if you're a Glock fan and are used to those chubby bastards.

Kel Tec pf9 or their mouse guns if you want a strict carry gun that's crazy light (not comfortable). I polish the feed-ramp, act as kel-tec's quality control, and test the hell out of reliability; have potential to be kinda awesome.

I myself carry a Sig 1911 RCS, but I'm in love with the 1911 itself. Now's the year to buy one!

It all comes down to personal preference, where you want to carry, what you wear, and what size bullet you want to shoot. Best of luck!

I carry the Kahr CW9 for everyday work and summer time. Otherwise its a s&w m&p 9 and 45. I like both the 9c and full size with the c model being slightly lighter and easer to conceal.

But if you want a thin lightweight 9 you can't beat the Walther PPS or Kahr CW9 / PM9.

I owned both the PPS and traded it for the Kahr CW. I liked them both but the I kept accedently hitting the mag release during firing.

If you want cheap, something thats more of a carry a lot shoot a little. Keltec PF9. Slim, light, concealable and cheap. New about $250.

Btw kahr also makes the CW and PM in a. 45

• Like 1

Glock 29. Sub-compact frame that you can add a grip extension mag floor plate if you have bear paws like I do and the 10mm has almost identical ballistics as a .357 magnum.032.gif I'm getting one for a CC weapon and as a hunting side arm.

I love plastic...lol..can't do revolvers unless its just 5-6 shots and done. None are left handed. To reload requires switching hands...etc...etc... metal guns weigh to much for everyday carry. IMO. But you have a para hog so weight might be a non issue for you

Carried everything at one point in time or another, and finally arrived at the Walther PPS in .40 S&W......

Thinnest, lightest carry pistol I've ever encountered, and comfortable to carry all the time......... Pricey, but you get what you pay for.............

It's become my dedicated carry pistol.........

Edited to add: The PPS in either 9mm or .40 is the same size and approximate weight....

Edited by Jeaux E

The LC9 is a copy of the keltec PF9. Just like the LCP is a copy of keltec P380.

On the cheaper side of sub compacts (under $300)

Keltec PF9. P11 is slightly larger double stack.

Kahr CW9 P9 ($450ish) PM9 ($600ish)

Walther pps ($550)

Taurus 709 slim ($?)

Glock / xd subcompacts are high(er) cap

There are some revolvers in 9mm

I currently use a Ruger SP-101 for a travel gun. It's a little heavy, but puts 357 down range

with pretty good accuracy at 25 yards.

I got a PT-740 Taurus Slim recently, and that will be the carry gun once I holsterize it.

That 740 has a snappy, but not awful, recoil with the 40 in there, and I prefer 40 over 9.

I carry a Kel Tec P3AT .380 with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in my front pocket. Its very small, cheap, lightweight, and reliable after its properly broke in with a little loctite on the ejector screw. :up:

I also keep a S&W M&P .40 in the car incase SHTF.

What about a SIG P239? As far as accuracy and reliability are concerned, I don't think it could be beat. Plus, you can choose between 9mm, 40, or .357SIG. And I think its 7-9 rounds depending on caliber you choose.

I think it's slim enough and small enough to easily hide either IWB or OWB.

On the cheaper side of sub compacts (under $300)

Keltec PF9. P11 is slightly larger double stack.

Kahr CW9 P9 ($450ish) PM9 ($600ish)

I heartily Plus One the Kahr CW9/P9. I bought the P9 because it has nicer parts and I'm gonna keep this gun for probably 2 decades to life. Here's a review I did, along with how impressed I am with the whole package, and how I really don't recommend the PF9:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65863&hilit=Kahr+P9

• Like 1

I switch between my 1911 and my S&W .38 Chiefs special. I think the ideal carry gun would be a snub nosed .357 mag. Good power, small package, light weight, simple operation and will never fail you when you need it. Just aim and shoot!

Realistically 5 shots will be plenty for any altercation if you are reasonably proficient with your weapon.

I carry my .38 more often because I can't even feel it on my belt. Nice and light. My 1911 seems to want to pull down my pants!! Dirty Gun!!

I would warn you, revolvers break as well. I have personal experience with a GP100 that liked to hang in between cylinders. They are as thick as most autos, if a bit lighter, so I never considered them especially more suited to carry. But, to each his own.

Given that 9mm wasn't even able to drop a 130lb woman with a headshot....

You might want to consider something a bit more effective. Maybe a .40sw or .45acp.

It was enough to drop 5 other people, male and female. And it wasn't like she ran around afterwards. If that had been a street gun fight she'd be out of the fight dead or not

• Like 1

I heartily Plus One the Kahr CW9/P9. I bought the P9 because it has nicer parts and I'm gonna keep this gun for probably 2 decades to life. Here's a review I did, along with how impressed I am with the whole package, and how I really don't recommend the PF9:

http://zombiehunters...3&hilit=Kahr+P9

Will you post the entire review as I can not get to the ZH site while at work.

Thanks,

MCASSgt New River