What should be in the box?

I've recently acquired a new S12 and all it came with was the gun, a yellow plastic bag, and a cardboard box. I inquired with the dealer where was the manual and he told me that's how he got it. After reading the manual PDF that's most commonly linked here it seems to be missing information regarding the gas plug so I'll assume the manual that the gun is supposed to come with is better than the pdf I found here. Is there supposed to be a tool that comes with the gun? If so what does this tool do and where might I find a replacement? Is there anything else I'm missing that may be important? Thanks.

Was your box factory sealed or opened when you received it? I think you're missing a bunch of stuff. If I remember correctly mines came with a service manual, "certificate", empty plastic oil bottle, cleaning rod, ak style cleaning kit, barrel nut wrench, 5 round magazine. Everything was wrapped in that brown anti-corrosion packing paper..

Edited by drifter_r6

The mag is the important thing. The manual is not very clear and the cleaning kit is not that great anyway.

There is no tool for adjusting the gas valve, I normally switch it using the back side of a multitool knife blade and a .308 bullet to depress the lock.

position 1 is high power rounds

position 2 is low power rounds (wait for a confirm on this).

You may be able to contact the imported to get a manual.

Setting 2 is low power , setting 1 is for high power. I think mine came with a gas adjusting tool, and the rest of that stuff. Also you get a tool to clean the gas block you are missing. Someone got that factory mag, that is a shame. So you received a gun with no feeding device?

The mag is the important thing. The manual is not very clear and the cleaning kit is not that great anyway.

There is no tool for adjusting the gas valve, I normally switch it using the back side of a multitool knife blade and a .308 bullet to depress the lock.

Setting 2 is low power , setting 1 is for high power. I think mine came with a gas adjusting tool, and the rest of that stuff. Also you get a tool to clean the gas block you are missing. Someone got that factory mag, that is a shame. So you received a gun with no feeding device?

Think of it as since 2 is a higher number, you use 2 to let more gas in. As in use for lower brass rounds, USE 2

makes you wonder where all of your goodies ended up..... I had to ask to see the box it was shipped in and check EVERYTHING to make sure I got all of my stuff. the person behind the counter seemed annoyed when I asked aswell. :rolleyes:

Mine was a "new" display gun, that was the last one they had left...still annoyed I didnt get to crack it open fresh.

You should have a cleaning rod,cleaning kit,Muzzle nut wrench,Oil bottle and nylon bore brush. There should be a manual and a second book with the inspections in it including stamps and date of inspection. You should also have a factory 5 round mag. I would send a friend in with a good story about how he needs a saiga 12 cleaning rod. Since I have never seen a shop carry these on the shelf. If he produced one it would be a red flag that he took your stuff out of box before you got the gun. I ordered an AK from classic arms with all the extra mags and case. When I went to pick it up the shop tried to only transfer the gun. They claimed that was all that shipped to them. When I grabbed my cell phone to call Classic up he suddenly said he would go look in the box again. When he reappeared from the back with nothing. He then reached under counter and said oh there it is. Some shops are shady and give others in business a bad name.

One thing I hate is when the dealer opens your box and goes through your stuff before you get there as if it's their property.

My favorite FFL dealer was a pawn shop owned by the county sheriff. They would not open the box until I got there, then they would hand the knife to me.

Edited by bc5000

One thing I hate is when the dealer opens your box and goes through your stuff before you get there as if it's their property.

My favorite FFL dealer was a pawn shop owned by the county sheriff. They would not open the box until I got there, then they would hand the knife to me.

Ditto this. My favorite is a pawn shop too and he only charges $10/transfer. I've probably done a dozen transfers with him, but I've never asked why he only charges $10.......didn't want to screw things up.

I purchased my S-12 and 7.62 at the same time and he didn't even open the shipping box.

I forgot to list the magazine as one of the included items in the box, sorry for the omission. Sounds like the big thing missing is the barrel nut wrench. The dealer tells me this is how they received it and if I want to bring it back they will give me a full refund. I figured most of what I'm missing was just junk anyway so no big deal. I'll assume the barrel nut wrench isn't that big of a deal?

Think of it as since 2 is a higher number, you use 2 to let more gas in. As in use for lower brass rounds, USE 2

I will simplify it a little more....

Setting 1 'first'

Setting 2 (second chance) if you get failure to eject on setting 1

I would raise hell if I bought a new weapon that was supposed to come with a mag and it didn't. Time to kick some ass....

+1 on the rest of the accessories being near useless. ETA: except for the barrel nut wrench. I find it useful....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I forgot to list the magazine as one of the included items in the box, sorry for the omission. Sounds like the big thing missing is the barrel nut wrench. The dealer tells me this is how they received it and if I want to bring it back they will give me a full refund. I figured most of what I'm missing was just junk anyway so no big deal. I'll assume the barrel nut wrench isn't that big of a deal?

You want the barrel nut wrench? Its kinda like those knuckle busters you get with a huffy kids bicycle.

I have mine and never use it. PM me your address.

I think this is the cleaning kit, anything missing other then the rod? I'll send it too if you want it. I threw the rods away after one fell off the shelve and stabbed me in the foot, so I don't have one to offer.

PICT0004.jpg

• Like 2

You want the barrel nut wrench? Its kinda like those knuckle busters you get with a huffy kids bicycle.

I have mine and never use it. PM me your address.

I think this is the cleaning kit, anything missing other then the rod? I'll send it too if you want it. I threw the rods away after one fell off the shelve and stabbed me in the foot, so I don't have one to offer.

PICT0004.jpg

That's what makes this place great. :super:

The flathead screwdriver is a multi-tool bravada.

You can use it to turn your factory gas plug, then it fits in a notch in the cleaning kit & makes a T-handle screwdriver for stock removal. If you had a raised AK front sight, it would be a front sight adjustment tool.

Use the punch sparingly.

It's weak.

I use a Laminate Russian Takeoff stock & have a trap door where I keep the kit & everything needed for the gun.

It should also have had a cheap plastic oil bottle, but, it's an AK based gun... If I need a drop of oil while out shooting I always have a quart or 2 of 10-30 in the trunk. :)