Is current Egypt situation consider SHTF yet?

Lucky for them, the military supports the general public.

Well put.

I often wonder how this would play out in the U.S. I hear people talk sometimes and say that "the majority" of the military would never turn their arms against the people. Having been in myself, I don't believe that is true in all cases. I believe there are blind followers who simply obey. Like anything else, people are people. Some are good, some are bad, some simply follow and some make their own decisions.

• Like 1

Lucky for them, the military supports the general public.

Well put.

I often wonder how this would play out in the U.S. I hear people talk sometimes and say that "the majority" of the military would never turn their arms against the people. Having been in myself, I don't believe that is true in all cases. I believe there are blind followers who simply obey. Like anything else, people are people. Some are good, some are bad, some simply follow and some make their own decisions.

That's another consideration for us. I've seen the free-thinkers and the followers in the system as well.

1932 Bonus Army put down. Mac, Ike and Patton were officers in charge. Ike protested order. Patton fallowed, Mac (Officer in charge) went beyond initial show of force order and destroyed protestor camps with cavalry and tanks. Official death tally. 2 adults and 2 infants killed. Exact count not known, since camps where torched and a lot of the wounded who died afterwards were not counted. :smoke:

• Like 1

From the looks of it right now the Army is helping neither side, simply standing by and watching.

I would say, it is very much SHTF long time ago for them. A lot to learn from them.

Personally I find it very inspirational that these people have this kind of courage to stand up against their government. It is very impressive and interesting. I have a feeling not many Americans these days would be this ballsy.

(note to add before anyone gets the wrong idea and analyzes this too deep. lol I mean this in a general stand point of the original protest and the crowds protesting the government in general. Despite who or what they support. Not the general rioting and fighting. Also the people coming together to protect their families and neighborhoods from the rioters despite their lack of arms is impressive as well.)

It is most definitely SHTF for any foreigners stuck in Egypt as well. A passport is virtually worthless and in most cases even make you more of a target. Corruption at every possible way out.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

for Egyptians the answer is clearly yes. For Americans the answer is clearly no. Hope that helps!

For Atheist Americans,no

For those who are students of the ancient prescient mystics of the Apiru-Shashu know today as "Prophets" this is exactly the lighting of a fuse precipitating great and terrible deeds in the earth.

The Palestinian refugee population of Jordan threatens the King of the Hashemite tribes after years of living under his protection and aegis after fleeing Israel in 1948.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/02/us-jordan-a-idUSTRE71156F20110202

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrUEMkSfqXE

Black September II?

I sure hope so, these people are the SOTE and have been parasites to the Hashemite Tribe for far too long.

I sure hope so, these people are the SOTE and have been parasites to the Hashemite Tribe for far too long.

No one is a parasite, they are just people who want to have a say in how their government works. Also, it should be noted that the Palestinians are not the sole protesters in Jordan... nor are the protests in Jordan on the same scale as those in Egypt.

...also, this is not the end of days. Just putting it out there, but anyone who thinks these protests will trigger TEOTWAWKI are full of shit. :blues:

• Like 3

for Egyptians the answer is clearly yes. For Americans the answer is clearly no. Hope that helps!

For Atheist Americans,no

For those who are students of the ancient prescient mystics of the Apiru-Shashu know today as "Prophets" this is exactly the lighting of a fuse precipitating great and terrible deeds in the earth.

The Palestinian refugee population of Jordan threatens the King of the Hashemite tribes after years of living under his protection and aegis after fleeing Israel in 1948.

http://www.reuters.c...E71156F20110202

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrUEMkSfqXE

Black September II?

what?! i am no atheist, but can i get a translation?

what i assume you are referring to the "birth pains' o the end of times...

No one is a parasite, they are just people who want to have a say in how their government works. Also, it should be noted that the Palestinians are not the sole protesters in Jordan... nor are the protests in Jordan on the same scale as those in Egypt.

...also, this is not the end of days. Just putting it out there, but anyone who thinks these protests will trigger TEOTWAWKI are full of shit. :blues:

November, TEOTWAKI begins, there, I said it...

It's not "their government" they refuse to admit they are Jordanians and insist that they are "Palestinians" and claim Israel as their own.

in 1922 the country that is now Jordan was named "Arab Palestine" and the part now called Israel was called "Jewish Palestine" when "Arab Palestinians" went to "Jewish Palestine" because of the much better jobs and western style reforms and services the Hashemites claimed the land as JORDAN, in 1948 when the King of the Hashemites and John Baggot Glubb promised to annihilate the Jews and seize the fledgling state of Israel all of those Palestinians moved to Jordan to wait out the genocidal slaughter of the Jews to be over.

The Jews did not comply and now the "Palestinians" live on Jordanian welfare as refugees without full legal citizenship.

Abdallah's father already dealt with these scumbags in the early 70s, they burned public buildings, killed police officers and seized military weapons from their benefactors under the direction of Arafat(an Egyptian troublemaker).

There is no "Goodguy" in this equation but for my money I will side with the King of the Hashemites since he is the inheritor of the man who freed the Arabs from Ottoman domination and a worthy hero to all Arabs.

$100 says everything will be just fine in December. No end of days garbage. My birthday is the 7th and there will be much consummation of whiskey and deep fried food. Possibly women as well. You are invited.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 5

Sadly for many innocent protesters of a unpleasant government they will not see their birthdays and it is TEOTWATKI tonight. Few more hours and the sun will be rising for them and and has set for us. Paid goons and criminals are wreaking havoc on trapped protesters through the night, soon the sun will rise to another tough day for them. All likely promoted by the government, teach those filthy protesters a lesson! release the dogs on them! Yep thats how their government has been working for years.

But Im sure King Shushi has some prophecy for it all.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 2

It's not "their government" they refuse to admit they are Jordanians and insist that they are "Palestinians" and claim Israel as their own.

in 1922 the country that is now Jordan was named "Arab Palestine" and the part now called Israel was called "Jewish Palestine" when "Arab Palestinians" went to "Jewish Palestine" because of the much better jobs and western style reforms and services the Hashemites claimed the land as JORDAN, in 1948 when the King of the Hashemites and John Baggot Glubb promised to annihilate the Jews and seize the fledgling state of Israel all of those Palestinians moved to Jordan to wait out the genocidal slaughter of the Jews to be over.

The Jews did not comply and now the "Palestinians" live on Jordanian welfare as refugees without full legal citizenship.

Abdallah's father already dealt with these scumbags in the early 70s, they burned public buildings, killed police officers and seized military weapons from their benefactors under the direction of Arafat(an Egyptian troublemaker).

There is no "Goodguy" in this equation but for my money I will side with the King of the Hashemites since he is the inheritor of the man who freed the Arabs from Ottoman domination and a worthy hero to all Arabs.

...there are two sides to that coin SOPMOD. The Palestinians would argue that there is a foreign occupation force sitting on their land preventing them from returning... Not saying ether side is closer to the mark than the other, just putting it out there that there are two sides to the Palestinian/Israeli conflict.

Sadly for many innocent protesters of a unpleasant government they will not see their birthdays and it is TEOTWATKI tonight. Few more hours and the sun will be rising for them and and has set for us. Paid goons and criminals are wreaking havoc on trapped protesters through the night, soon the sun will rise to another tough day for them. All likely promoted by the government, teach those filthy protesters a lesson! release the dogs on them! Yep thats how their government has been working for years.

Lets hope these guys don't get slaughtered.

• Like 1

From the looks of it right now the Army is helping neither side, simply standing by and watching.

They have no choice. When that many people ignore warning shots and continue to advance on your position what are you going to do, take them on with an AK? There is only one way to take on that many people and it wouldn't be pretty.

I have a feeling not many Americans these days would be this ballsy.

(note to add before anyone gets the wrong idea and analyzes this too deep. lol I mean this in a general stand point of the original protest and the crowds protesting the government in general. Despite who or what they support. Not the general rioting and fighting. Also the people coming together to protect their families and neighborhoods from the rioters despite their lack of arms is impressive as well.)

The US population has become too comfortable to do anywhere near the same thing. From PC to not having tough punishments for crimes to everyone gets a trophy. Everything is going towards making the population a herd of cattle. There is even talk about the government setting up its own internet kill switch for the US. The sad part is the fiery kids of the 60's who did stand up, are now supporting this kind of crap.

• Like 2

Yes I do think it classifies as a WTSHTF.

This is exactly why Obama and the United Nations want a global ban on owning any firearm. It is much easier to enslave an unarmed population than an armed one. I have been stock piling ammo, firearms and silver since day one that Obama became president of the USA. If the American population even knew just 10% of the actuall coruption of our government we would be rioting in the streets also.

I plan to buy a .50 upper and a good supply of ammo for my AR-15 before Obama gets these banned. I see the USA in downward spiral that has no end at all. Obama cares more about the gays and illegals in the USA than honest tax paying veteran citizens. So far I have learned how to hunt and prepare what I shoot even squirrel if I get hungery enough. I think that we all should look at what is happening in Cairo as a wkae up call to complete our person arsenals and stock pile on our survival gear as long as we can get what we need from Walmart.

• Like 1

As of today, Mubarak's goons have been policing the streets for reporters, and generally trying to remove any news media presence in the city. It looks like he is trying to get the media out of there in order to escalate the violence against the citizens and try to end this... but he doesn't want this to be seen internationally.

I saw one headline that read something like "Egypt signals the fall of Islamic Democracy". Not sure how considering it is a Monarchy, iirc. But that is the way of our media.

The Arab world is the most fluid area of the our planet. Governments come and go, some fast, some not so much. But it is almost a guarentee that it will change. And no always for the better.

I would have thought Pakistan would have fallen first, but hey, that's why I'm not a betting man, lol.

• Like 1

It's a delicate situation for us being as "the people" of Egypt's desires, may conflict our & our close allies best interests.

The world could get interesting, but worrying & over preparing will get you nowhere.

But yeah. It could get really interesting.

If there's riots like that ever in the US. Do yourself a favor & keep your Saiga 12 at home.

Have your 17+ round pistol concealed & have a few mags.

I saw one headline that read something like "Egypt signals the fall of Islamic Democracy". Not sure how considering it is a Monarchy, iirc. But that is the way of our media.

The Arab world is the most fluid area of the our planet. Governments come and go, some fast, some not so much. But it is almost a guarantee that it will change. And no always for the better.

I would have thought Pakistan would have fallen first, but hey, that's why I'm not a betting man, lol.

Islamic democracy? What a contradiction in terms. If you give them a chance to vote they will vote for an Islamist government who will be more oppressive than the military dictatorship they have now. We'll then be dealing with another Iranian headache which the Traitor and Thief Carter helped come to power. This is history repeating itself with the Al Qaeda sleeper Obamuslim helping the Islamic Brotherhood topple the Egyptian regime.

• Like 1