CSS Bolt-On Tactical Sights

A set of CSS Bolt-On Tactical Sights should arrive at my doorstep tomorrow. I'm curious to know who else has them, and what they think of them. Also, some pics would be nice. I hesitated to get the Krebs sights, feeling that if they were a bit cheaper I'd pick a set up. That's when I came across these on the CSS website and ordered a set for $80. CSS is now my go-to place for AK and Saiga stuff.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-921/CSS-TACTICAL-SAIGA-12/Detail

Ive got a set at the shop. I really like the buckhorn rear sight, the Hiviz type filament on the front sight post and ease with which the front post adjusts. I would also like to see a rear ghost ring (no small aperture insert necessary) as an option.

Mike

CSS is now my go-to place for AK and Saiga stuff.

I can't help with the sights but I've bought 5 firearms from Greg... honest, helpful, friendly... customer service doesn't get any better.

Great customer service. I've sent Mr. Queen many emails and I'm surprised he puts up with me lol. Sometimes I'll get a reply 20 minutes after I send an email, or at 4 in the morning.

My sights will be here tomorrow too. :lolol:

Sight party! 027.gif

I have a set. They are very nice.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I'm also awaiting a certain Tromix bolt-on charging handle I ordered from One-Source Tactical biggrin.gif

Ive got a set at the shop. I really like the buckhorn rear sight, the Hiviz type filament on the front sight post and ease with which the front post adjusts. I would also like to see a rear ghost ring (no small aperture insert necessary) as an option.

Mike

I also like the buckhorn style sight. I'm not sure how I'd like the ghost ring, I've never used one before.

I have been spraying moly resin on all those little fucking handles all damn weekend. It takes a long time to squirt 1,000 little parts.

They will be shipping to the Tromix distributors on Monday.

Tony

They'll be worth it. That should be the last part I'll need to complete my S12 build. I'm pretty pumped to finally stop spending money on parts, and start spending money on ammo.

+1 :super:

A set of CSS Bolt-On Tactical Sights should arrive at my doorstep tomorrow. I'm curious to know who else has them, and what they think of them. Also, some pics would be nice. I hesitated to get the Krebs sights, feeling that if they were a bit cheaper I'd pick a set up. That's when I came across these on the CSS website and ordered a set for $80. CSS is now my go-to place for AK and Saiga stuff.

http://store.carolin...SAIGA-12/Detail

I would also like to see a rear ghost ring (no small aperture insert necessary) as an option.

Mike

Thats what i've been waiting on. I'm hoping something like that will be available seperately so i can use it with Dinzags short FSB.

You know I think MidwayUSA carries all kinds of iron sights. If you find out the specs of the CSS sight from Greg, you might be able to find one to match.

I like them. Just put them on a few minutes ago. The rear sight fit kinda loose, but it has a set screw to hold it in. I used a bit of red Locktite, and it should do the trick.

I ordered mine last Friday, and they arrived yesterday (had to pick 'em up at my local FFL because I picked up a Romanian Draco "pistol" also. Yay).

Can anyone who has installed these sights post a picture or two? I'm not sure exactly what they're supposed to look like when mounted. Thanks! (i.e. I'm slightly confused)

OK, only slightly. I guess I don't totally understand the long semi-circular hi-viz material in the front sight post. Isn't that mounted parallel to the barrel, so I only look at one edge of it? I only see a dot, essentially.

REAL QUESTION: my factory rear sight doesn't want to budge. Seems super tight. Any technique for getting it out? Bang harder on it? I do see the set screw on the new one.

Thanks guys...

Edited by Louisville Glocker
Great customer service. I've sent Mr. Queen many emails and I'm surprised he puts up with me lol. Sometimes I'll get a reply 20 minutes after I send an email, or at 4 in the morning.

I'm also awaiting a certain Tromix bolt-on charging handle I ordered from One-Source Tactical biggrin.gif

The charging handle is a very nice touch...I love mine.

I ordered mine last Friday, and they arrived yesterday (had to pick 'em up at my local FFL because I picked up a Romanian Draco "pistol" also. Yay).

Can anyone who has installed these sights post a picture or two? I'm not sure exactly what they're supposed to look like when mounted. Thanks! (i.e. I'm slightly confused)

OK, only slightly. I guess I don't totally understand the long semi-circular hi-viz material in the front sight post. Isn't that mounted parallel to the barrel, so I only look at one edge of it? I only see a dot, essentially.

REAL QUESTION: my factory rear sight doesn't want to budge. Seems super tight. Any technique for getting it out? Bang harder on it? I do see the set screw on the new one.

Thanks guys...

I'll have some pictures up soon, but not until my Tromix charging handle arrives. It's scheduled to be here tomorrow, but USPS kinda sucks. The first thing to do would be to take a hacksaw or dremel, and cut the sight out, VERY carefully. I used a hacksaw, and made a cut similar to this:

sight.jpg

When you get close to the bottom, you really gotta watch and make sure you're not cutting into the receiver. Then you take a punch or a screwdriver, and tap it out. Now that it's out you can tap the new sight in, and MAKE SURE you use some locktite on it, preferably the red. When I installed mine, the grooves in the rear sight, and the set screw was on the side of the sight facing the back of the gun. The flat side of the sight is facing the end of the barrel.

Once the rear sight is out, and the new one is in place, you can slide on the front sight. Take off your muzzle device, and slide the sight on. The slanted side should be facing you, the vertical side will be facing the end of the muzzle. Make sure you slide the sight back far enough to where you can put your muzzle device back on. Once the muzzle device is tightened, you slide the front sight up against it, and lightly tighten one of the screws to where you can still rotate the sight left or right. Go ahead and put the threaded post down into the threaded portion on top of the rear sight, and line it up parallel to the sides of the sight. Now you can look down the sights and adjust whether the front sight needs to be canted to the left or the right. When you get it lined up, tighten both of the screws. Once you get it sighted in, you can use some blue locktite on the front sight's screws. Should look something like this:

sight2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy paint drawings.

And yes, you are correct. When looking down the sights, you will only see a dot. You can easily change the sight inserts with the tools provided.

Edited by jmzzl

I like the idea of these sights too, but need a peep/ ghost ring rear sight too. Between my tired eyes and the tunnel look through due to my hand guard make it hard to pick up the rear sight. A little salty in price, but I really like the look!!

i bought the sight from CSS and it was a bitch to get the rear sight out ,i wish I thought of cutting it out . the CSS sight works great . Anyone know where I can get some of the .040 fiber optic rod ? can the sight be drilled out to fit the .060 fiber rod ?

I like the idea of these sights too, but need a peep/ ghost ring rear sight too. Between my tired eyes and the tunnel look through due to my hand guard make it hard to pick up the rear sight. A little salty in price, but I really like the look!!

Edited by GONIF

i bought the sight from CSS and it was a bitch to get the rear sight out ,i wish I thought of cutting it out . the CSS sight works great . Anyone know where I can get some of the .040 fiber optic rod ? can the sight be drilled out to fit the .060 fiber rod ?

First place I'd try is MidwayUSA.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=514010

EDIT: Link

Edited by jmzzl

I'm not a fan of Larry Potterfield ,looks like CSS has .040 green fiber optic rod for less anyway ,thats where I'm buying .

http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=514010

I'm not a fan of Larry Potterfield ,looks like CSS has .040 green fiber optic rod for less anyway ,thats where I'm buying .

http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=514010

Oh, if I knew CSS had it, I'd have sent you there. I've never had any issues with Midway though.