LRBHO arrived today but need pictures/video

Like many others I have been waiting for this mod to ship. A big THANK YOU to the Coles for making his happen.

Now all I ask for is hold-my-hand step by step pictures; a video showing the install would be appreciated too.

Any additional advise from those who have gone before?

Like many others I have been waiting for this mod to ship. A big THANK YOU to the Coles for making his happen.

Now all I ask for is hold-my-hand step by step pictures; a video showing the install would be appreciated too.

I think there is a video on you tube will try to find for you

Not sure if this is what you wanted but may help

Edited by Rottieman33

I know i am behind the curve on this one. You mean there is an actual LRBHO product available? who makes it? Is it for the S12 only or will it work for all saiga rifles? how much and where can we purchase it?

Edited by leadslinger

@ Rottie

Those videos are to assist you with reinstalling the factory BHO (Bolt Hold Open) The OP is asking for instructions to install an after market LRBHO (Last Round Bolt Hold Open).

Edited by Bridis

I know i am behinf the curve on this one. You mean there is an actual LRBHO product available? who makes it? Is it for the S12 only or will it work for all saiga rifles? how much and where can we purchase it?

CSS has the CGS LRBHO for sale for $70.00. As far as I know it only works for the S-12.

first of all thats a damn fine photo of the skittles! :haha::P

I think there is a video on you tube will try to find for you

Not sure if this is what you wanted but may help

Edited by Guns Are Great

yep 70 :dollar: on day one. now it is 75 dollars and with 5% discount $71.25 plus shipping about 80 bucks, I think it is very price? I i like the idea and love my shogun but why is everything so damn high for them?

I know i am behinf the curve on this one. You mean there is an actual LRBHO product available? who makes it? Is it for the S12 only or will it work for all saiga rifles? how much and where can we purchase it?

CSS has the CGS LRBHO for sale for $70.00. As far as I know it only works for the S-12.

Due to the bolt machining this requires it isn't going to be something that the average Saiga owner can install successfully, so the number they will sell is a bit limited, so they only order a fairly small number from the machine ship. Precision machined parts made in small numbers are always going to be expensive per part. There is typically a machine setup charge that ranges from hundreds to thousands of dollars, (this is independent of how many parts you make), plus the cost per part of the stock, machine time, etc. Plus Tom Cole and CSS are trying to make money, so they mark them up to stay in business.

Well, the slot in the trunnion would have to be removed to mill it. I dont want to remove mine so I will make the first cut with a hacksaw blade and then open it up and clean it with files. You would be surprised what you can do with hand tools and patience.

• Like 1

I want one also but like others I do not want to hack into and possibly ruin my beloved Saiga 12. I cant justify spending the amount of money on a gunsmith to make this work. Guess I'll do without.

All work needed to be done can be done with a hacksaw blade and some files. Even easier if you have a dremel.

Can anyone else confirm this? I have a dremel, and I knew that was plausible, but a hacksaw and a file??? Really???

I have a Dremel and tried to notch the thick metal of the trunnion. I didn't have much luck. At a high RPM the bit spins to fast to cut the metal. When you slow it down, the dremel doesn't have what it takes to keep spinning when you apply the needed pressure on the bit. I ended up buying a drill press with an adjustable RMP and used it like a mill with a dremel bit to cut the metal for the notch. I don't know how well a hacksaw would work in that confined space and working that metal with a file would take days.

I've got the notch made and the existing BHO slot widened, but I can't get the LRBHO into place. It looks like I need to extend the BHO slot to get the LRBHO to fall into place. Though I'm not sure, so I stopped. Anyone else working on this?

Couldn't you just get your bolt repaired if you messed it up? It seems like you could. An idea for the buisness members, why not make US made bolts already profiled to accept mags on a closed bolt?

The bolt mod doesn't look that tough at all. It's probably the easiest part of the installation. Just don't over do it. If you screw up the gun will still work without the LRBHO installed.