I stop paying attention for just a FEW months..

Hey all. After a few months "off", I just started paying attention to the S-12 world again and I've now noticed what most here have probably been talking about for months... the BATFE importation "study". :evil:

Anyway, I had previously decided to pick up a couple more S-12's to set aside and have ready for later projects. Now, I see that they're ~$700+ on pre-order at best... fuck.

Does anyone have a line on IZ-109's at a more reasonable price, anywhere? Ideally I'd like 2 more, but it'd really fuckin sting to shell out ~$1400 for that. If you have some secret squirrel source, you can use a PM to communicate it rather than posting it here in public.

Help a brotha out, (if you can). :)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

wow glad I have 3 of them

Any of em better than this..

lsam301.jpg

lsam302.jpg

lsam303.jpg

?

I doubt it. ;)

I only have the 1 currently, but she's a beaut!!

I'd really like a couple more for future, (as yet undetermined), projects, as I said.

ehh these 2 are converted, I also have a nib unconverted that i might leave alone

hpim3391.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by cfp636
  • Like 2

I had found 5 for 500 a piece a couple weeks ago at local store but I just called and the others I didn't get are on layaway. Guy said call back Friday and see if they were picked up if not I can get them. Best bet right now is call small out of the way gun shops. I have found 10 in the past month that away.

Welcome back to the post-apocalyptic Saiga 12 world. Kinda like kindapointless said, your best bet is to find an out of the way small shop that doesn't realize they can charge obscene prices like everyone else yet.

I actually could have defrayed a lot of the cost of my 308 by buying an S12 for 550. and then selling it for 800+. I decided not to hassle with it and am not into gouging anyway. Picked up the 308 just in time for 450. Within a few days they had gone up to 540.

Good luck,

Tim

Actually the BATFE acknowledged that a pistol grip on a shotgun was a sporting item and OK for import. That wasn't clearly the case before the study. I think the study was actually in our favor. Many disagree for whatever the fuck reason.

Tony

• Like 9

Actually the BATFE acknowledged that a pistol grip on a shotgun was a sporting item and OK for import. That wasn't clearly the case before the study. I think the study was actually in our favor. Many disagree for whatever the fuck reason.

Tony

amen!!!! i mean, we all know the govt is stupid and has done things with less of a reason, but the study says NOTHING that could ban hte saigas.

but what it DOES say is heat shields and bayo lugs arent sporting for sure!! so quick, everyone make a run on these...

http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-91409.html

isn't the s12 community fucking itself?

as far as i can tell the atf hasn't banned a thing

Like the song from the 90s

cept wanna kick the shit outta all the speculators. (yours truly as well, hypocrisy be damned!)

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dsc5iTNVEOAg&rct=j&sa=X&ei=PrOjTe-LIMrd0QHW8ZyFCQ&ved=0CD0QuAIwAg&q=my+own+worst+enemy&usg=AFQjCNG7q9XPqsJQj66PnBIEbyBOVlcO9Q

Tony

Good to hear a little positive input on the subject! Ive been wondering if reports of latest shipments being denied importation, are just made up by dealers or importers trying to ride the scare to its maximum profit. I guess some of it could be stemming from Indys' april fools joke as well. lol

Hope for $450 saigas again, amid cries that those days are gone!030.gif

Tony

Good to hear a little positive input on the subject! Ive been wondering if reports of latest shipments being denied importation, are just made up by dealers or importers trying to ride the scare to its maximum profit. I guess some of it could be stemming from Indys' april fools joke as well. lol

Hope for $450 saigas again, amid cries that those days are gone!030.gif

Hey all. After a few months "off", I just started paying attention to the S-12 world again and I've now noticed what most here have probably been talking about for months... the BATFE importation "study". :evil:

Anyway, I had previously decided to pick up a couple more S-12's to set aside and have ready for later projects. Now, I see that they're ~$700+ on pre-order at best... fuck.

Does anyone have a line on IZ-109's at a more reasonable price, anywhere? Ideally I'd like 2 more, but it'd really fuckin sting to shell out ~$1400 for that. If you have some secret squirrel source, you can use a PM to communicate it rather than posting it here in public.

Help a brotha out, (if you can). :)

Sleeping in class again, huh? Where the hell have you been? Pauly and Cobra missed ya, lol.

Seriously, good to have ya back. I have been wondering if you fell off or what?

Oh yeah, IZ-109s at a reasonable price LOL!!!! Sadly, $700 may look like a reasonable price in a few months. I bought one for $489 shipped in December and I bitched about it. Times change fast.

Maybe this will lighten your mood a bit....

post-22401-0-62276000-1302585316_thumb.jpg

Tony

I think that most people don't trust that the BATFE has honorable intentions and plan to ban the importation despite what they may say or comments that people send in. The NRA calls the study a "Proposed Shotgun Import Ban." As for me, why would they spend the time to publish such a document if it was not to act as a trial balloon to guage public opinion on such a ban? The Saiga's ability to accept aftermarket high capacity mags will be their excuse to ban and reclass. They even showed the MD drum in the study to elude to their intentions.

I am glad you are optimistic, you may have more interactions with this agency than the rest of us. There had just been so many 2nd Amendment violations and crimes committed by this agency in the past that their public approval is very low. They really need to work hard to win back the public trust. A public that pays taxes for their saleries.

Edited by Crusader

wow glad I have 3 of them

Any of em better than this..

lsam301.jpg

lsam302.jpg

lsam303.jpg

?

I doubt it. ;)

I only have the 1 currently, but she's a beaut!!

I'd really like a couple more for future, (as yet undetermined), projects, as I said.

fin

I also have 3. Bought em a few months ago when this ATF thing first came out. I could have bought a lot more but didnt. i only want/need 3. I would consider 2 of mine better......I have an RandR targets gun and should receive my Tromix early next week. Tony is finishing it up this week. Its an S06 with bbl cut down to 18". Didnt want a perm attached flash hider, wanted the flexibility to add a choke for 3 gun. My other is an un converted K-var 19". I planned on converting it but the more i shoot it, I really like how it is now. I may send it off to Tromix later to have them work their SBS magic on it......still deciding

I could have bought 4 others from kvar, and had 5 in my cart. I paid 519 for mine berfore all this silliness. then i remembered back before the elections how all the douches were buying up everything, even if not needed. I decided i would only get what i need and just bought the one.

Edited by BullF-16

Tony

I think that most people don't trust that the BATFE has honorable intentions and plan to ban the importation despite what they may say or comments that people send in. The NRA calls the study a "Proposed Shotgun Import Ban." As for me, why would they spend the time to publish such a document if it was not to act as a trial balloon to guage public opinion on such a ban? The Saiga's ability to accept aftermarket high capacity mags will be their excuse to ban and reclass. They even showed the MD drum in the study to elude to their intentions.

I am glad you are optimistic, you may have more interactions with this agency than the rest of us. There had just been so many 2nd Amendment violations and crimes committed by this agency in the past that their public approval is very low. They really need to work hard to win back the public trust. A public that pays taxes for their saleries.

Google shotgun drum magazine. The MD20 is the first picture that comes up, of a shotgun drum by its self.

Not so sure there's anything implied by that... Probably just someone trying to get a picture quickly. Or an ATF agent could have owned it... Who knows. They're a hell of a lot more common than any other detachable shotgun drum.

Edited by Tombs

There's no ban coming, and prices will settle after a while. Gun laws have been steadily going in our favor for years, with the notable exception of a few blue states.

For those of us that have been around here for a while, you've seen it several times before.

• Like 1

There's no ban coming, and prices will settle after a while. Gun laws have been steadily going in our favor for years, with the notable exception of a few blue states.

For those of us that have been around here for a while, you've seen it several times before.

Quoted for speaking the truth

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

I plan to purchase another S12 for less than $500 once this hoopla settles down. MAA predicts $399 by Christmas if no adverse actions are taken by ATF.

I am keeping close tabs on what stores/vendors are price gouging.

The first importer that gets stocked and sells at $500 will turn his profit, and have the volume. Every jackass that was planning on gouging will lose his shirt and I will giggle as I walk past them tagged at $700-$1000. (Just like I did last summer.)

The free market works. I'm more concerned with the price going up as the value of the US$ goes down. We are losing the exchange rate issue for importing anything, and that has to be taken into account as well.

Tony

2nd this..

Edited by lokmeup
  • Like 1

Tony

2nd this..

that was actually only if the pistol grip was part of the rear butt stock, or thats the interpretation i got.....so tony is only slightly correct

Tony

2nd this..

that was actually only if the pistol grip was part of the rear butt stock, or thats the interpretation i got.....so tony is only slightly correct

Prove it, post it verbatim.

There's enough verbiage in the study to make Saiga a target for they explicitly exclude practical gun competition from being considered a sporting activity and limit 'sporting' definition to only hunting, skeet and trap. Additionally the study states that magazine fed shotguns are not well suited for the traditional sporting purpose. Saigas as imported do not have pistol grip so that line doesn't apply. The study addresses very narrow sporting definition, marketing terms ('combat','assault' etc) and if a shotgun is based on a platform originally developed for military use.

Why would the ATF do such a study if it was not to test public opinion on such a ban?

What is keeping them from just stopping the importation and reclassing to DD if it is in their authority?

The only good that could come from a ban and DD reclass is a class action lawsuit from the NRA under the precident of Heller vs DC descision. A ruling in this area could have adverse action on the 89' import ban and the 68' GCA as well. The ATF definately does not want to lose that one. Purhaps they will do nothing with the Saiga 12 out of fear of losing some of their authority granted in GCA 68' through a lawsuit. The NRA has been very clear, if they implement a ban they will sue and already have the lawyers lined up. They seem to have been winning a lot of law suites lately. It might actually be in the ATFs best interest to leave this one alone.