There are only 3 on GB right now but they look cool as hell!! Instead of the 11.5" barrel like the standard Draco, they have a 7.5" barrel. Man I would love to get one. Check out this pic of both together. Has anyone seen these before?

dracominiv.jpg

Not my cup of tea, but looks kind of cool. I plan to pick up a cheap Draco sometime this year. If it goes as planned I will move the gas port back by a couple of inches, replace the FSGB with a proper FSGB, install a triangle folder and end up with a Draco krink.

PS- 1000th post. :super:

Reminds me of my PLR16 and that gun is FUN! but I find the noise, even thru electronic muffs and foam earplugs together is near unbearable not only for me, but for those around me as well. Haven't shot that thing in forever due to exactly that reason... This one looks fun too.. but I'll give ya 50 to 1 most of em that sell end up getting shot about as much as my PLR LOL.

If it goes as planned I will move the gas port back by a couple of inches, replace the FSGB with a proper FSGB, install a triangle folder and end up with a Draco krink.

I hate you <(coming from the state where SBR isn't possible)

I just put a deposit on a Draco yesterday. Can't wait to get it! Also ordered a sling plate for it as I don't want to drill the rear. Are there any 922 issues with removing the thread protector and attaching a slant muzzle break?

i could def. see someone getting a tad carried away and hand sliding forward and *BAM*..... wow that bullet just went through my hand.

Yeah, that forearm needs some sort of handstop to prevent that.

I just put a deposit on a Draco yesterday. Can't wait to get it! Also ordered a sling plate for it as I don't want to drill the rear. Are there any 922 issues with removing the thread protector and attaching a slant muzzle break?

Nope. Pistols aren't subject to 922r.

i could def. see someone getting a tad carried away and hand sliding forward and *BAM*..... wow that bullet just went through my hand.

Can they put a handstop on it without the ATF ruling it a vertical fore-grip and arbitrarily defining the gun an AOW? Not that we could parse the law and determine the ATF's justifications using anything as paltry as logic...

Still, maybe a sling swivel would accomplish the same thing and not dip into pseudo-legal grayness.

Can they put a handstop on it without the ATF ruling it a vertical fore-grip and arbitrarily defining the gun an AOW? Not that we could parse the law and determine the ATF's justifications using anything as paltry as logic...

Still, maybe a sling swivel would accomplish the same thing and not dip into pseudo-legal grayness.

Good question although a handstop is generally pretty small to appear as a VFG. Never know though with the ATF.

FWIW, lots of people put handstops on their AR pistols, from my experience on Arfcom. Not that it makes it legal. Just sayin'.

I'd personally be comfortable with something like this on Draco or AR pistol:

IMG_8388.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't seen them yet - but want, want, want

Moss Pawn shop in Jonesboro, GA has some of both. The mini is $469 and the regular is $429. I believe that is correct, I looked at them a few days ago.

Edited by Palidin

The Dracos are great for SBS conversions. It is one of the best AK platforms stamped CAI (cough cough). We sold quite a few Draco pistols and have never had a customer purchase come back to us to report any problems. The same is not the case with the mini Draco. We have sold fewer than 20 mini Dracos in the last 6 months and 4 customers have came back with various complaints. As with all CAI products, the warranty is expired or close to being expired by the time the customer walks out of the door.

There are only 3 on GB right now but they look cool as hell!! Instead of the 11.5" barrel like the standard Draco, they have a 7.5" barrel. Man I would love to get one. Check out this pic of both together. Has anyone seen these before?

dracominiv.jpg