Combat sights

If you already have a rail mounted topside, and are just looking for sights that'll work on em... ( I hate to open this can of worms... BUT.... ) get you a set of Magpul AR style sights that attach to the rail, they are not too expensive, are a flip up when needed/flip down when not needed kind, are polymer so they add next to no weight, and like all Magpul stuff, they are well made. They'll work on the S12... will be close enough after adjustment to be serviceable....

Unless I'm mistaken ( and I'm learning that I USUALLY am ) ... arn't chaos sights a drill/tap thing that just happon to work on the Chaos rail cause they are already made with mount locations for em?

Not trying to talk ya out of the Chaos stuff by any stretch, damn fine product if its your style, but to me it sounded like you already had a rail... and just needed sights...

just another option... I dunno...

Waylon

I've been asking myself this same question lately... problem with the Chaos sights is that they've only got windage adjustments. If you want to modify drop, you're filing down the front sight. Not really optimal.

I may just suck it up and buy the Troy micros. It kills me to pay $170+ for them, but they're so well-suited for this application that it's hard to resist.

Ah, so the rear Chaos H&K style sight isn't adjustable for elevation the way standard H&K rear irons are? :unsure:

I would also like to know if there is elevation adjustment. I wanted to pick a set of these up, I just figured that they were adjustable.

Ah, so the rear Chaos H&K style sight isn't adjustable for elevation the way standard H&K rear irons are? :unsure:

I would also like to know if there is elevation adjustment. I wanted to pick a set of these up, I just figured that they were adjustable.

I saw a post from Cameron himself telling someone to file the front post for elevation.

I have the troy Hk sights and they are great with the night sight feature I'm actually in the process of cutting down one of the front barrel sights to put a rail on like a flat top ar to get a sight all the way at the front and back for a nice sight radius I like the magpuls but the troy ones beat them in my opinion. Damn pricey though

no question anything Troy is gold, and its priced to match... my AR is a full on Troy Barbie, got more in rails sights and stuff on it than I have in my S12 total... I LOVE Troy stuff, its built like a tank and theres no question at all about the quality... but dear ghawd they are proud of em.... I'd rathor have the Magpuls than a cheap metal set made in China.... the Magpuls are REALLY nice... and MUCH MUCH less expensive than the Troys.

If your S12 is a range toy, home defense weapon, anything other than a full on combat zone battle rifle, Magpuls will do the job and do it well, now.... if your building the S12 with a true EOTWAWKI/SHTF ready for anything no questions asked... and money isn't an issue... go Troy

+1 for the Krebs. Easy install, good quality, and far less expensive than most railed forends. Plus, front sight is further forward for longer sight radius. The front post can be replaced with any AR-15 front post, such as the tritium-type posts on my wish list. SLightly easier than swapping out a pressed-in AK assembly, but not a deal-breaker. The Krebs Ghost Ring rear sight is sweet and plenty fast enough for a combat shotgun.

Tradeoff is you can't mount all your ninja gear on a Krebs front sight, so you'll be at a great loss against said ninjas and zombie hordes. But, you could always buy a lot of extra mags with the money you're saving? Lord knows you might run out of room on your rails, but you should never run out of ammo after the apocolypse. :ph34r: (That might make a good bumper sticker....kinda long....maybe a t-shirt.)

If you're sold on rails, they do greatly open up your choices into the AR accessories. I've happily used or owned Troy and Diamondhead on ARs, but have read good things about Midwest and certainly LaRue. You can spend $75 or $275, and probably be as equally happy. Good luck.

+1 for the Krebs. Easy install, good quality, and far less expensive than most railed forends. Plus, front sight is further forward for longer sight radius. The front post can be replaced with any AR-15 front post, such as the tritium-type posts on my wish list. SLightly easier than swapping out a pressed-in AK assembly, but not a deal-breaker. The Krebs Ghost Ring rear sight is sweet and plenty fast enough for a combat shotgun.

Tradeoff is you can't mount all your ninja gear on a Krebs front sight, so you'll be at a great loss against said ninjas and zombie hordes. But, you could always buy a lot of extra mags with the money you're saving? Lord knows you might run out of room on your rails, but you should never run out of ammo after the apocolypse. :ph34r: (That might make a good bumper sticker....kinda long....maybe a t-shirt.)

If you're sold on rails, they do greatly open up your choices into the AR accessories. I've happily used or owned Troy and Diamondhead on ARs, but have read good things about Midwest and certainly LaRue. You can spend $75 or $275, and probably be as equally happy. Good luck.

The Krebs combat sights with ghost ring works really good for me like the O.G. look, recently converted S-12 & test fired hitting bowling ball pins at 50 yrds with Winchester rifled HP slugs just need to fine tune front post post-32592-0-06200000-1305092480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big June

I don't know if anyone's explicitly mentioned it, but the problem with running standard AR-15 sights on the S12 is that the rail is sitting considerably higher than it would be on an AR-15. Ergo, the desire to find something smaller (like the Chaos H&K sights or the Troy micros), otherwise you have to roll with a cheek riser (another potential point of failure!).

I don't know if anyone's explicitly mentioned it, but the problem with running standard AR-15 sights on the S12 is that the rail is sitting considerably higher than it would be on an AR-15. Ergo, the desire to find something smaller (like the Chaos H&K sights or the Troy micros), otherwise you have to roll with a cheek riser (another potential point of failure!).

I tried some GG&G AR sights on my Chaos extended rail and it was a No Go for me because they were too high so I went with the Chaos HK style sights.

The Krebs combat sights with ghost ring works really good for me like the O.G. look, recently converted S-12 & test fired hitting bowling ball pins at 50 yrds with Winchester rifled HP slugs just need to fine tune front post

Never shot bowling pins w/ a sg, only pistol and .22 rifle! Slugs must destroy those quickly?! where do you get them? sorry, won't hijack the thread much longer..... Your experience does add to the appeal and functionality of the krebs sight, tho, which is relevant.