So I ordered a gun Saturday. Tuesday I checked my balances and saw $400 of charges that I did not do. This is my first experience with this, and believe me when people say it makes you feel violated, they are right. The bad news is my card had to be deactivated and I got a call today from the place shipping my gun, of course my card was denied. Luckily I was able to explain my problem and they gave me until Tuesday to get my new card. Only problem is I am probably not going to receive the card by then. So not only did the son of a bitch get my money, they may have screwed me out of my gun in the process. :cryss:

Had some one get a hold of my card once after back fees and stuff it cost me about $1200. from now on anytime I buy on line I use my green dot prepayed card so if some one get the card number there is only a couple dollars on it. And the $4.95 dollar fee to reload it in my mind its worth it.

• Like 4

the person that did it was probably some piece of $h!t anti-gun hippie liberal too! :evil:

Best of luck man!

LOL , You are probably right.... Bastard!! :lolol:

Had some one get a hold of my card once after back fees and stuff it cost me about $1200. from now on anytime I buy on line I use my green dot prepayed card so if some one get the card number there is only a couple dollars on it. And the $4.95 dollar fee to reload it in my mind its worth it.

Thats a great idea, I am gonna look into that for sure. Thanks for the advice. :super:

Man, that stinks. About 11 years ago, I got hit, too. Filed a police report and contacted my bank, and had it all put back in my account within 5 days. As for the shop where you ordered your gun, hopefully they'll work with you more than just until Tuesday.

• Like 2

I don't know about y'all, but we've been down that road before too, and it didn't end up costing us a penny of the actual fraudulent charges/fees.

It did cost us in time & headache, a few dozen phone calls & emails, chasing down the right people and a shit ton of buearucratic red tape.

Don't let them bullshit ya, you're not responsible for any theft/fraud.

After we got done with that, we enrolled in a Identity/Credit Protection program supplied in my company's benefits plan.

We've used it once to actually stop CC fraud in its tracks, they called me, "Mr. Cox are you in Salem, Mass and trying to purchase a TV?", me "Nope!"

They took care of it all from there.

When I went to TX for my Father's funeral, they called to check on my transactions there, I simply confirmed I was in TX.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

it must be going around they, tried to do it to me but it just declined their tries I already use a green dot for my online shopping I trust on one with my CC number. It is a hard lesson KoTH but it could of been worse.

I had the card protection work in reverse on me. Before a trip to Brazil I activated my card for international use at a local branch of my bank. Well after about two weeks of using it somehow corperate got involved and saw the forgein charges and deactivated my card WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME! At a little road side resturant outside of Macae, after dinning big and fat on steak and beer, my card doesn't just get declined, but shows as STOLEN. Well the owner of the resturant wasn't too happy, but luckily I got through on the 800# and got my card reactived and meal paid for (with a fat tip) just as the Militar Police arrived. A quick check of my pass port and visa I was back on the road, but for a minute I was on verge of shitting my pants.

I had the card protection work in reverse on me. Before a trip to Brazil I activated my card for international use at a local branch of my bank. Well after about two weeks of using it somehow corperate got involved and saw the forgein charges and deactivated my card WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME! At a little road side resturant outside of Macae, after dinning big and fat on steak and beer, my card doesn't just get declined, but shows as STOLEN. Well the owner of the resturant wasn't too happy, but luckily I got through on the 800# and got my card reactived and meal paid for (with a fat tip) just as the Militar Police arrived. A quick check of my pass port and visa I was back on the road, but for a minute I was on verge of shitting my pants.

Clarify that please, that was your Bank's doing or a well known/regarded independent 'ID/Credit Protection' company, e.g. Lifelock.

I can see a Bank doing dumb shit stuff antics like that, hell that could even be dangerous.

If it's credit card, I think the maximum limit you are responsible is $50. I also think bank like Bank of american also offer this protection as well. The theft is a criminal. Criminal is most likely own guns. Therefor, it leads me to believe that person is not a anti-gun. 011.gif. It silly to plug liberal in every chance you get.

Edited by Nutical

I was at home deopt buying crap for a remodel I was doing... I was waiting on a new Debit card. So I used my check book, I only use it once a month for a child support check. Had about 500 in supplies. Of course there was a line behind me,,,, the lady goes your check was declined.. "what declined?" I asked her to run it again, well their check verification system declined me because I don't use my check enough and they thought they were stolen... Total embarssement. Walked out pissed calling the verification place, and to the bank to draw out cash.

I hope things work out for ya.

Had it happen before, clerk at a gas station copied the card info, then used our card for all the cash diesel purchases pocketing the cash.

A few stores have been having the credit card machines swapped out by people acting like a repair service, the new machine uploads the card info to the thieves.

So its not always the internet business.

PS I don't have access to credit card numbers on my site, its handled by the processor only. And I allow payment by check or money order.

Years ago I parked had to park a newly purchased car in the pay lot at the entrance of 32st Naval Station & a bag with all my ID numbers got ripped off by a thief.

I still have to answer questions about that shit every time an in depth background investigation is done on me. <_<

I have a bank account specifically for internet spending to avoid getting hit too hard.

My son was on a business trip to a gold mine in Canada and checked his savings account in Arizona where he works, finding out someone used his account number to withdraw $5000 from his bank's branch in Syria at the same time.

If it's credit card, I think the maximum limit you are responsible is $50. I also think bank like Bank of american also offer this protection as well. The theft is a criminal. Criminal is most likely own guns. Therefor, it leads me to believe that person is not a anti-gun. 011.gif. It silly to plug liberal in every chance you get.

Very true. There are way too many reasons to hammer liberals legitimately so lets not get carried away.

• Like 1

I wouldnt take shit from the company you ordered the gun from. Its likely some one that works for them did the crime. Dont allow them to treat you as the problem. Pressure them to figure out what happened! Was it a well known reputable business?

I don't want to name the business at this time , but yes it is a well known one. I'm not saying it was them but I ordered Saturday after hours and it occurred Monday. Kinda odd because it never happened before and I have used the card a lot. I don't know how police investigations work, because I have never made a police report before, but if I ever find out what state it happened in I will know if it was them or not.

You know, if this and a few other such offences were auto Death Sentences, this shit wouldn't happen quite as much. Either from fear of getting caught or from attrition.

Madoff(other such offence) should NOT be alive. :killer:

Just my 2 bits

Good luck with getting it all straightened out.

Clarify that please, that was your Bank's doing or a well known/regarded independent 'ID/Credit Protection' company, e.g. Lifelock.

I can see a Bank doing dumb shit stuff antics like that, hell that could even be dangerous.

It was my bank, not my credit card company. Since this incident I switch to Amex for travel, much safer and easier to work with.