KVAR has OEM Saiga 12 - 8 Round Mags in Stock

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is kind of funny. Folks have been bitching about 8 rd Izzy mags costing $150 and yet people bought them. People bitched because of the lack of availability of 8 rd Izzy mags and yet people stil

Yeah, THAT is not going to happen!!!   Factory or not, $130 for ONE mag is FREAKIN RIDICULOUS!!!!!!     FTS

Nobody?  

Posted Images

They're worth every penny IMO.

Because they're Russian or because they work?

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is a bigger collector than me, and I won't shell out $147 for one 8-round mag....I don't care who makes it!

I have well over $1100 invested in S-12 mags and drums! I was there at the beginning when Mike Davidson was selling the MD-20 for $230 each! I am a huge believer in collecting what is unique or noteworthy.

FTS

Nobody? :angel:

post-22401-0-79433700-1308283694_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is a bigger collector than me, and I won't shell out $147 for one 8-round mag....I don't care who makes it!

I have well over $1100 invested in S-12 mags and drums! I was there at the beginning when Mike Davidson was selling the MD-20 for $230 each! I am a huge believer in collecting what is unique or noteworthy.

FTS

Lol, I've been waiting for this comment

• Like 1

FTS

lol me too.

• Like 1

Someone had commented that there were some 8 rounders out there that didn't fit properly. My mags showed up today and fit just fine so this batch should work for others as well. Reassuring at this price point... Pricey but nice and no telling when they'll be back in stock so I'm glad I picked up a couple.

Maybe Kvar will give a forum discount soon. :smoke: That may help some on the shipping for small orders.

They give me a discount. It is usually about $5 per $250, but the damn shipping is $20 for an AK100 stock. The discount is almost a joke as the stock will fit in the $7.95 flat rate USPS box. Whatever....

To the guys who have received them, what kind of packaging did they come in? Any certificates with date of manufacture within the packaging?

no papers or anything like that...just a brown box and the mags are wrapped in UPS padded envelopes..

FTS

lol me too.

Yeah, when I saw him say that and then he showed picture "proof" I thought, hell, Evl has more than that in 5 rounders... :lolol:

To the guys who have received them, what kind of packaging did they come in? Any certificates with date of manufacture within the packaging?

Yeah, any gift cards to restaurants? Stock shares in Izhmash? Gold bullion?

I mean, SURELY you got something for all of that money... :lolol:

• Like 2

If you wanted them, it's fine. In 06 before AGP (1st to produce). Got 12 from New Zealand at $100 each. Saw some sold for $300 on Gunbroker and elsewhere. Sold 8 of mine for $150. Gone in less than an hour, forum was less than 1/5 the size it is now. The dollar was worth at least 25% MORE back in 06. Now, with all the mag options, value is with the buyer. With US dollar exchange rate, anything outside US is worth 3O% or more than just 2 years ago.:smoke:

Shame... I can't believe I missed this.

I was only planning on picking up one to have as a home-defense magazine. Is my life worth more than $130? Yep.

You might go down to the K-Var forum and ask if they are expecting another shipment. They already have a thread where they were advertising them.

"Like the previous 5-round magazine, this high-capacity 8-round magazine fits perfectly to your Saiga shotgun, but offers a longer lasting shooting experience". Yeah, 2 seconds longer! Woohoo!!

Greetings! Where do u shoot ur guns in Seattle? Do u know any place where they will let u put more than one round in a magazine to shoot? Thnx men.

Not to hijack this thread but here. Open to the public with membership. Load as many rounds as you want.

"Like the previous 5-round magazine, this high-capacity 8-round magazine fits perfectly to your Saiga shotgun, but offers a longer lasting shooting experience". Yeah, 2 seconds longer! Woohoo!!

Greetings! Where do u shoot ur guns in Seattle? Do u know any place where they will let u put more than one round in a magazine to shoot? Thnx men.

Not to hijack this thread but here. Open to the public with membership. Load as many rounds as you want.

Thnx, sorry, didn't mean to go off topic, first time posting.

Thnx, sorry, didn't mean to go off topic, first time posting.

No worries from me. Welcome aboard!

A few reasons why the factory 8 rounders are so expensive and sought after. Up until now, they were pretty much impossible to get here in our free republic. The factory magazines are the most reliable. There is a cool factor with them that just can't be beat.

Just my :2c:

The factory 8rd mags are the best mags for the gun.

Period.

Nothing fits and functions as well as them, and nothing looks more natural in the gun.

I have 5 of them, but I got them when they cost a "reasonable" 60 bucks each.

A few reasons why the factory 8 rounders are so expensive and sought after. Up until now, they were pretty much impossible to get here in our free republic. The factory magazines are the most reliable. There is a cool factor with them that just can't be beat.

Period.

Nothing fits and functions as well as them, and nothing looks more natural in the gun.

Isn't that pretty much what I said? :D

Edited by StarkIndustries

In my opinion, the factory 8rd mags are the best mags for the gun.

Period.

Fixed!

Period.

I wish with all my heart that I had some but alas I cannot afford them.

Fixed! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I was happy to pay the price until it got here. ...Wont lock in place.

It may take some minor fitting with a file.

Somewhere I read about fitting a factory mag and thought it was in the manual but I just looked and didn't see it.

I had to file my MD drum to get it to lock in. No big deal.

Any suggestions where to file as not to file away a hundred and fifty bucks?

Hold your gun upside down and insert a 5rd mag while looking down into the mag release, that will give you an idea how these mags latch.

Then just file on the bottom angle of the plastic that the latch grabs.

I just used a disposable finger nail file on mine. Remove a little at a time then check it.