True story and most people will never know it.

After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941,

they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California

to finish what they started.

The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a

massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River .

Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships....

All fighting the Germans.

So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question.

Their answer....

They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!

I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and

arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth

Largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran . More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt

with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of

Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally

establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone

would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

• Like 1

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy)

• Like 3

I was just telling my wife this yesterday. She wasent listening ofcourse but I went on for minuets about how America could never be taken because of the 2nd amendment. What Hitler did in Europe could never happen here.

You know, the NRA has over 4.3 million members. The entire Chinese military, including the paramilitary forces has 4.5 million troops. The NRA would actually be the 7th largest armed force in the world. Now, figure in the gun owners that don't join the NRA, and I would estimate a force of at least 10 million. That would make the United States gun owners as a whole the second largest force on earth. And people wonder why we haven't been attacked. ;)

• Like 2

You know, the NRA has over 4.3 million members. The entire Chinese military, including the paramilitary forces has 4.5 million troops. The NRA would actually be the 7th largest armed force in the world. Now, figure in the gun owners that don't join the NRA, and I would estimate a force of at least 10 million. That would make the United States gun owners as a whole the second largest force on earth. And people wonder why we haven't been attacked. ;)

10 million is way low-ball. I'd put it at somewhere between 50 and 80 milliion. Oh, and if a force of 10 million is the 2nd largest force ... who's first?

10 million is way low-ball. I'd put it at somewhere between 50 and 80 milliion. Oh, and if a force of 10 million is the 2nd largest force ... who's first?

It looks like Russia has the largest combined military and paramilitary with 21 million troops (from wiki).

I'm so glad you posted this!!! We need to keep this fresh in our minds. This is the real facts about the importance of firearms! I have told almost everyone who listens to me about this fact. My first apartment was an old barracks for a General during WWII, which was located in bellflower, CA. The walls of the apartment were 1" thick lead, for protection. The military Knew how close/vulnerable we were to an attack and my place was far enough from the coast that it was a command post for the general to command the repelling attack!

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question.

Their answer....

They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!

I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and

arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth

Largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran . More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt

with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of

Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally

establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone

would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

He's probably referring to the Zumbos out there who would gladly throw black rifles to the wolves in order to barter for a bit of temporary protection for their Fudd guns. I would hope these splitters are declining in number as the popularity of military-style rifles grows, but one has to consider the fact that there are still many gun owners who can't be arsed to stand up in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Um, what?

Public school history no doubt.000.gif

Public school with a healthy dose of Hollywood and video games, I imagine.

For those unfamiliar with what the IJN and IJA were doing between December 1941 (Pearl Harbor) and June 1944 (D-Day), they were fighting the US Navy and Marine Corps in the Battles of Coral Sea, Guam, Singapore, Wake Island, Guadalcanal, and Tarawa. This doesn't include their battles against British, Australian, and New Zealand naval, land, and air units elsewhere in the Pacific.

The reason they didn't invade the US was because that wasn't part of their war plan. Facing superior numbers didn't stop their ingress to China in 1937, and there they did face a regular army. Japan may have had global ambitions, but taking land in the US itself was not yet on their radar.

The militia potential of the citizens of the United States is a dissuading force that any invading power would have to contend with, but I wager the most important force to be reckoned with will always be logistics.

• Like 3

I should have said battle ready ;)

Many gun owners sadly wouldn't stand up and fight. So I would put us at having a minimum of 10 million as a militia if we were attacked.

Edited by CPF

the real reason Japan didn't invade was that what they wanted was not war with the US. They gambled thinking that if they crippled our navy, they could force us to the table to bargain in their favor. The US Army was not fighting German forces at the time as we were not at war yet. Although volunteer fighter pilots were operating in England combating german planes we were not at war. Our Army was not even close to 2 million soldiers at that time. As of July 1941 we had a standing army of just over 600000 men. On December 7th we had a army of 1.3 million. But as any person who should know, the majority of these men are not combat soldiers.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy)

I agree with your opinion, however I believe the quote is bogus.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I wasn't going to post that without proof. But this kind of shit can get twisted and manipulated all kinds of ways to make it fit.

the real reason Japan didn't invade was that what they wanted was not war with the US. They gambled thinking that if they crippled our navy, they could force us to the table to bargain in their favor. The US Army was not fighting German forces at the time as we were not at war yet. Although volunteer fighter pilots were operating in England combating german planes we were not at war. Our Army was not even close to 2 million soldiers at that time. As of July 1941 we had a standing army of just over 600000 men. On December 7th we had a army of 1.3 million. But as any person who should know, the majority of these men are not combat soldiers.

Upon further reflection, I suppose Americans would have been fighting Germans in North Africa and Italy between Pearl Harbor and D-Day. Still, to insinuate America's armed forces were tied up against the Germans and the only reason Japan didn't invade the mainland US was due to its armed citizens strikes me as fallacious.

I wasn't actually there to be able to verify whether the quote is correctly attributed or not. I really have no idea, and I don't give a rats ass.

It's a damn good quote - whoever said it.

It was true then, and it is true now.

P.S. Here's some background on "Factcheck.org".... I found it on the internet... :lolol:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2104053/posts

• Like 1

http://www.factcheck...oting-yamamoto/

I wasn't actually there to be able to verify whether the quote is correctly attributed or not. I really have no idea, and I don't give a rats ass.

P.S. Here's some background on "Factcheck.org".... I found it on the internet... :lolol:

http://www.freerepub...s/2104053/posts

factcheck gives sources and tells where their info comes from. I believe it's a good thing for people to have guns, but people like you and I putting quotes out there like the above just feed in to liberal beliefs that we're making things up to defend our guns at all costs. I dont think that's necessary. Good quote or not, there's no good source saying that the Japanese admiral said it.. In general factcheck is pretty well respected and generally believed to be non partisian. Your "background check" above is hardly a good background check.. you hand picked someone's opinion that matched yours. I bet I could find someone that wrote a few paragraphs on why dragons exist.

• Like 1

http://www.factcheck...oting-yamamoto/

http://www.freerepub...s/2104053/posts

factcheck gives sources and tells where their info comes from. I believe it's a good thing for people to have guns, but people like you and I putting quotes out there like the above just feed in to liberal beliefs that we're making things up to defend our guns at all costs. I dont think that's necessary. Good quote or not, there's no good source saying that the Japanese admiral said it.. In general factcheck is pretty well respected and generally believed to be non partisian. Your "background check" above is hardly a good background check.. you hand picked someone's opinion that matched yours. I bet I could find someone that wrote a few paragraphs on why dragons exist.

It's clear that you are here looking for an argument. So, this is where my involvement in this thread ends. Good luck to you.

• Like 2

So true!!!

Even IF Yamamoto didn't say that, you can bet he was thinking it.

Here's another one. Yamamoto's last words: "Fuck man, those sure as hell don't look like our airplanes!"

I got that one off of .......www.It-goes-without-saying.com

• Like 1

Invade the US mainland, and we'll carpet bomb your nations capitol with enough fire power to give theJapanese flashbacks.:ded:

Unfortunately, our government has completely lost their metaphorical testicles, and exchanged them for big floppy labia. Our mainland was already invaded when those planes brought down the towers in NYC.........and what was our response? Stricter ROE's for our military. "Wait until you've been shot in the face, and then you have the authority to fire back. Or if you can, just blow your rape whistle real loud to scare off enemy combatants. Be sure to not whistle too loud, though. You don't want to damage their ears". :ded:

• Like 3

Yay for posting a stupid email that most people have seen 20 times over the past 10 years.

I miss the pre-92 internet when you actually had to be a little smart to get on it.

Also, why do people say "it goes without saying" then proceed to NOT shut the fuck up and then say it anyway?

Edited by kodaline

Yay for posting a stupid email that most people have seen 20 times over the past 10 years.

I miss the pre-92 internet when you actually had to be a little smart to get on it.

Also, why do people say "it goes without saying" then proceed to NOT shut the fuck up and then say it anyway?

Never doubt for a second how far the "establishment" will go to get on your nerves. Never.

• Like 1