Ace folder + Troxmix ...OR... pig nose + Magpul UBR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Ace folder + Troxmix ...OR... pig nose + Magpul UBR?

• Tromix, you asshat! It's an AK not an AR!
    • Oh c'mon now, I don't think a UBR would look THAT bad
    • Why stop at a UBR and pig nose? Make that sucker fold too.
    • ACE folder? Really? Have you looked at Stormwerkz?
    • Just don't get the Tromix with a limbsaver, they look really gay that way.

I took so long to do my post (dumb movies on SciFi :)) that other stuff happened lol. I also have a folder on mine, but I keep it unfolded for HD. Tucking under the arm and control is what I have in mind, but the fact that I have the option to fold it is the plus, adapt and overcome ;)

+1 Very wise

• 4 weeks later...

I am super indecisive. Both the Tromix and UBR stocks look really neat and are no doubt functional in their own ways. Guess I am just looking for opinions and/or personal experiences at this point...

well you asked for opinions, so here is mine:

I didn't care for any of the stock you have mentioned, at all. the ACE didn't have a sling attachment point, so that took that out of the running when I was looking for mine.

UBR, that just looks like sh*t to me, a M4 stock that got hit with radiation and turned into a aborted monster. and they seriously want over 200 bucks for that abortion, yeah OK. just put the word "tactical", "combat", "battle: in their product line and they want a laughable amount for it. way, way too many people are taken-in with the MAGPUL marketing ploy on their products, and go goo-goo-gaa-gaa when they hear the word MAGPUL. I'm one of the very few that don't fall for their snake oil, when I hear the word MAGPUL. (ok, rant off :))

TROMIX, just looks too "boxy" for me. I do like where they put their sling point attachment though, just wasn't crazy about the design. kinda looks like a stock VOLVO would design :D

pig nose? please, a AR stock on a AK, no thanks.

about the only thing I would agree with is the kind of folding mechanism to go with, Stormwerkz.

I went with a DPH stock for mine, with the Stormwerkz folding mechanism, of course that is me and that is what appealed me. the only thing I kinda messed up on is the thickeness of the recoil pad, I should have went with 1/2 inch instead of 1 inch, but hey I can live with that :) . I suppose there will be people that don't like DPH stock, and that's OK, it's what I like. and after all, the end result when all is said and done, it's what you like. here is the best advice I can give you for choosing a stock, buy what you like, not what others want you to buy. if a certain stock appeals to yo, then go with that :)

post-22408-0-65199600-1314823938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I voted folder ubr. I like my folding m4 stock for a specific reason, my vest. With it on my lop changes simple as that. No AK stock can account for that. I actually made my six position stock a three position by epoxying up the other holes so I just have closed, vest and normal. Yes sometimes I slip on to investigate noises only takes a blink and I got it on (32 months of daily practice) so the m4 style just fits my needs better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the folder for transport and if you are in close quarters (like in your home during a break in) you can have the advantage of a very short shotty and still keep the length for hunting

With your S12 stock in the folded position, go to a closed door while holding the weapon with one hand and open the door. With your S12 stock in the opened position, go to a closed door while holding the weapon with the butt tucked under your arm and open the door. With the stock open and tucked under your arm, you could actually get off a couple of shots if there were an armed intruder on the other side of the door while you are opening it. If you are holding it with one hand and no buttstock while the other hand is busy with the door, you probably won't do so well. Compact is great indoors, but I'll take 'control' over 'compact' when you are only talking about a ~9.5" difference and my life/loved ones.

Just another perspective on the matter, that's all.

True, but the person opening the door is at a disadvantage. If possible, I would prefer to have the armed intruder open the door, giving up his position in the process and I would be waiting in a fixed position ready to fire.

The folded stock would be good for manuevering around corners and through hallways\stairwells.

I do agree with your example though.

I have a wife and kids here, so I am absolutely going to find out what that noise was. If I were alone, I might be inclined to surprise the shit out of an intruder as the door opens ph34r.gif In that case, I would still rather have a stock. It is really hard to say exactly what we should expect or use for that particular situation, should it ever arise. I hope to never use anything.

That's what the sling is for, you sling it, pull your .45 out of your underwear and clear the doorway, then put .45 back on safe, re-insert into underwear and transition to S-12.

There's got to be nothing more intimidating than a man in his underwear with a beastly shotgun slung over his shoulder and a .45 pistol in his hand.haha.gif

Woe, I need to follow-up on my threads more often!

I had no idea it was still going!

CheesyBacon, why ain't our stock on the list? huh.png

I hate you today! LOL, laugh.png

j/k wink.png

Don't hate me too bad, I am gonna badger you in the New Year about some work. I really like the extra steps you guys take with refinishing...

• 2 months later...