Need a Saiga 12 for as cheap as possible

I live in Asheville Nc and i need some help from u guys i need a Saiga 12 for cheap the most i want to pay is $300 also i need to know how to convert the saiga 12 so it can use a 20+ mag and what parts i need to take off/add/replace so the gun performs perfect.....Thank Ya plz give me good advice!

the only way you get an s12 for $300 is if you had a friend who gave you a deal on one. as for conversions, that has to do with replacing the FCG and putting a pistol grip on it. an unconverted s12 does not need any modification for it to be able to use a 20 rd drum.

I live in Asheville Nc and i need some help from u guys i need a Saiga 12 for cheap the most i want to pay is $300 also i need to know how to convert the saiga 12 so it can use a 20+ mag and what parts i need to take off/add/replace so the gun performs perfect.....Thank Ya plz give me good advice!

Ain't gonna happen

3 pieces of advice for you

1. Start reading...

2. Continue reading...

3. Don't stop reading...

The posts and threads in this forum. Learning how to do things for yourself is much more satisfying and rewarding than acting like a newborn bird who is waiting to be fed the info they seek...

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 1

i've got one for sale for $300, it's missing the receiver, bolt, carrier, trigger group, front and rear trunnions, barrel, gas block, gas tube, gas piston, puck, plug, stock, handguard, retaining pins, thread protector, rear sight, and front sight. but you dont need any of that stuff anyway

I think you may be more in the market for a Pardner Protector.

:lolol::lolol:

:lolol::lolol:

I was only half joking though.

If you only have $300.00 to spend, that'll get you a decent, albeit heavy 870 knockoff, a mag extension, side saddle & gas tube cover with ghost ring sights & if you're lucky, 15 rounds of .00 buck from wally--world.

Not too shabby for an entry level HD setup. :)

$300.00 is just a down payment on the layaway for a half way reliable S-12 without doing the work one's self.

The most economical new S-12 out there right now I believe is from Greg at Carolina Shooter's Supply. They're in the mid-5's

Yeah, I just got one at a gun show one week ago, new in box unconverted for $579 out the door. I thought it was a good deal, so I went for it. I've already gotten and installed the conversion kit myself, and have the bolt / FCG at Pauly's Steelin' Fabrication getting a glass bolt and left charging handle addition. I also have an auto plug and MD arms puck and 20 rd drum on the way. All of the ones I've seen locally until the gun show were going for $700-800. I think if anyone knew where $300 saigas were, they'd blow some cash and stock up for resale..... :angel:

I know where you can get one for $300.........2005 :lolol:

Everyone who has one probably knows there worth, and hence you wont get one for that price. There is an occasional idiot out there that doesn't know what they have, but it is a matter of being at the right place at the right time.If your a good boy you might get one for Christmas, but you better put it on your list!

good luck with that

Thank Sons of Guns..................

Hardly, the weapon system was gaining popularity and prices were going up due to the rising aftermarket and awareness of the gun long befor the show ever aired. Gouging has been hapening for years based on the troublesome shipping problems and ATF nonsense. Don't think that this is the first time the ATF nonsense caused a permanent raise in price either, people have been singing the "they're gonna DD it" song for YEARS and with some effect ^$^.

If anything you could argue sons of guns is just another evolutionary step in the rise in popularity these guns have had, much like the rise in popularity in tattoos(LA INK), Choppers(OCC, biker build off) or even custom cars(overhauling). theres many more of these shows that have come and gone, so theres plenty of examples i'm missing.

I paid $569.00 over two years ago.

Well before the show Sons Of Guns was in production.

Now, Greg of C.S.S. will be offering another shipment on the 5th of September (6 days) for $579.00. :super:

I don't think paying $10.00 more after 2 years is unreasonable.

Sure, it'd be nice if they'd dip to $469.00 like they did right before the panic buy (where people were gladly paying $700.00), but I don't see that happening.

With our dollar dropping like lead in the water, prices will all go up from here for imported goods.

"Pardner Protector"........That's a good name for a condom if I ever heard one. ;)