TAC 47 Industries " M.A.G. 12 " Magwell

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One Poster In this Thread will Win a M.A.G. 12 Magwell for free. All You have do to enter is Post.     Tac 47 is now in full production with a new Push Button release Magwell with an intergrated tr

we will make a cali compliant model.

Just got finished shooting a 100 rounds through the very first magwell off the CNC, and I must say I am blown away at how well the it did! We shot a mix of low brass birdshot and didn't have one FTF o

Posted Images

Do you guys have mags on your website that can be used with the new magwell? Or do we just modify the surefire mags by removing the front lug? Have my cart all loaded and I could use a few more mags biggrin.png

I just spoke to Cliff about the mag mods and it sounds pretty simple. I don't want to give out any bad or vague information ( I sometimes have a hard time understanding very simple things because it sounds so easy that it just isn't possible, lol), so I am going to wait until my magwell is in hand and I will do a full video review of the magwell, magwell install, and mag mods. It will be a series of 3 videos, most likely. I assume that I will have the magwell and a new S12 in hand in about a week. I'm a concept oriented guy, but with certain things, I need to be able to see the details in person to "wrap my head around it".

Go ahead and grab those mags, what I was told sounded really simple and I'm confident that any decent DIY guy can do it, as long as they don't get carried away removing material.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
Do you guys have mags on your website that can be used with the new magwell? Or do we just modify the surefire mags by removing the front lug? Have my cart all loaded and I could use a few more mags biggrin.png
I just spoke to Cliff about the mag mods and it sounds pretty simple. I don't want to give out any bad or vague information ( I sometimes have a hard time understanding very simple things because it sounds so easy that it just isn't possible, lol), so I am going to wait until my magwell is in hand and I will do a full video review of the magwell, magwell install, and mag mods. It will be a series of 3 videos, most likely. I assume that I will have the magwell and a new S12 in hand in about a week. I'm a concept oriented guy, but with certain things, I need to be able to see the details in person to "wrap my head around it". Go ahead and grab those mags, what I was told sounded really simple and I'm confident that any decent DIY guy can do it, as long as they don't get carried away removing material.

Soungs good, thanks.

I just spoke to Cliff about the mag mods and it sounds pretty simple. I don't want to give out any bad or vague information ( I sometimes have a hard time understanding very simple things because it sounds so easy that it just isn't possible, lol), so I am going to wait until my magwell is in hand and I will do a full video review of the magwell, magwell install, and mag mods. It will be a series of 3 videos, most likely. I assume that I will have the magwell and a new S12 in hand in about a week. I'm a concept oriented guy, but with certain things, I need to be able to see the details in person to "wrap my head around it".

Go ahead and grab those mags, what I was told sounded really simple and I'm confident that any decent DIY guy can do it, as long as they don't get carried away removing material.

Pretty much all the places that sell surefire mags now sell them pre-fit for the JT magwell, and it's surefire clone. Tac-47 already said that those will work. They are the same price. If you are worried about it just go to one of the big shops and order the "SGM Competition mag"

Pretty much all the places that sell surefire mags now sell them pre-fit for the JT magwell, and it's surefire clone. Tac-47 already said that those will work. They are the same price. If you are worried about it just go to one of the big shops and order the "SGM Competition mag"

I have a JTE Magwell and tried the SGM Competion Mags... the would not work properly with the JTE magwell. The feed angle was wrong. I had to add a shim to the back to get them to work. The standard SGM mags I modified work fine. Now if the TAC magwell is modeled after the SGM magwell, then all is good. Easy enough to remove the shim if needed.

MAYBE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FOR SURE CAN CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING....

MOD YOUR MAGS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

This is what I think needs to be done to the SGM mags in order to use them with the TAC47 M.A.G.12 magwell. This information could be inaccurate and is not yet meant to be a "guide" for how to mod the SGM mags, until confirmed by someone with some experience doing the mod.

post-22401-0-71830700-1324218029_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-46834800-1324218044_thumb.jpg

From what I can tell, the existing rib on the side of the SGM mag is what the mag release uses to retain the magazine.

post-22401-0-38879700-1324218134_thumb.jpg

Looks like mags modified for use in a JTE magwell will not work in the Tac magwell. The side ribs are ground off. Need to either buy new mags or add ribs (or shims) to replace what was ground off. It would have been nice to have this info up front.

Please keep in mind, this information could be completely inaccurate. I do not have a magwell in hand yet, so I can't say for sure what is really going on with the means of magazine retention. From what I understand, SGM mags that have been modded for the R&R magwell will work in the M.A.G.12, and I am under the impression that the same mags will work in the JT magwell.

ETA: On CSS' site, the item description does not say anything about the rear locking tab or side ribs being ground off. Picture does not show that feature either.

From CSS....

SGM MAGAZINE WELL MODIFIED 12 RD MAGAZINE

SKU: MODIFIED-12/12

This magazine has the front lip removed to work with the JT Engineering and SGM Tactical Magwell

SGM TACTICAL

post-22401-0-11827700-1324220918.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Looks like mags modified for use in a JTE magwell will not work in the Tac magwell. The side ribs are ground off. Need to either buy new mags or add ribs (or shims) to replace what was ground off. It would have been nice to have this info up front.

Please keep in mind, this information could be completely inaccurate. I do not have a magwell in hand yet, so I can't say for sure what is really going on with the means of magazine retention. From what I understand, SGM mags that have been modded for the R&R magwell will work in the M.A.G.12, and I am under the impression that the same mags will work in the JT magwell.

Interesting since the R&R mags need even more ground off the side. I do have a couple of unmodified 8-rounds to start with, then deal with othe 6 mags I have. Guess I will have to wait....

Interesting since the R&R mags need even more ground off the side. I do have a couple of unmodified 8-rounds to start with, then deal with othe 6 mags I have. Guess I will have to wait....

I have used some material called Plastaid on high pressure plumbing lines that had cracks in them. The stuff is easy to work with and you could add material anywhere you want. It dries opaque/white'ish. You would likely need to apply it, and file/sand it to the correct shape/dimensions.

However, I may be mistaken about the side ribs and the mag release may somehow retain the mag by the rear locking tab. Looking at the position of the release in relation to the mag, I doubt that the rear locking tab has anything to do with mag retention.

My wife is getting me a GoPro HD Hero 2.... that means better videos and some footage of the M.A.G.12 in action!!!! I can't wait!

Please take video of the install!

I have a Tromix S12, so I would have to cut the trigger guard off to install this magwell (I think). I really want to see exactly how it is installed before I order one.

My wife is getting me a GoPro HD Hero 2.... that means better videos and some footage of the M.A.G.12 in action!!!! I can't wait!

Please take video of the install!

I have a Tromix S12, so I would have to cut the trigger guard off to install this magwell (I think). I really want to see exactly how it is installed before I order one.

I will and it will be very detailed. Bad news on the new GoPro camera though. It is on backorder with no ETA. That's OK though, I bought the wife a new camera for Christmas that is pretty nice and should be good enough for doing a good review and install demo.

I would lose the Tromix guard and use the integrated guard on the magwell. I considered doing the same thing, but was using a traditional AK trigger guard. After getting a better look at the M.A.G.12 trigger guard, I think it will look much better than the standard TG. Not to mention you will have a raw spot that you will have to paint and it will not match the anodizing. If you paint the whole thing, once it starts to wear off it will look like poo.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I've see this in person and it is a great design. The mags drop with a push of a button. Another Great product for Tac 47.

sKott

Can you confirm or discredit my projection about exactly what needs to be modified on the SGM mags in order to work with the M.A.G.12? (scroll up a few posts to the pics) Thank you.

i like magwells but my s12 is a range toy and if i cant use my drums then it makes me not want a magwell, i wish they made an adapter

You need one with and one without. Problem solved wink.png

I really like your thinking!

You gotta have some kind of spare anyways. Right?.... that's how I "justify" that kind of stuff to myself (my wallet, lol)

Any progress on a Cali compliant Magwell? Eagerly awaited! Not sure if the design is finalized but it would be nice to have something like the black rifle guys have where you can enable/disable to bullet button depending on where you are. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Rob