Real gun sights & furniture VS airsoft clones

The injection molding marks are visible on the left. Why is the right one so shiny?

bi pod - precision for long waits for a shot or FAMG

grippod - used to tactically set the barrel for shots

Unless you have a FA

I dont have the spending money for a grip because I never trained with one and the only thing I really want in a gun is more magazines.

ive said this before and ill say it again..... if you lose control of your weapon because of an accessory that comes loose or breaks then you should NOT own a firearm.....ive broken plenty of things fake and real or just things coming loose and not once have i ever even come close to ever losing control of my weapon.

Ever fired a Glock with a slipping reset spring? FA all out in one trigger pull and that is hard to handle. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying.

that isnt an accessory its a part of the FCG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I appreciate this thread. I understand both sides, but a lot of firearms stuff is just gouging plain and simple. A plastic handle should never cost more than $15.   Magpul charges $35 for

Even if one thinks that most airsoft accessories are crap, which I may tend to agree with, surely they could accept the possibility that SOME airsoft accessories MIGHT be good enough for firearm use.

Thank you....thats why Im doing this. To see, if any, airsoft accessories are the same as "real" firearm accessories. I am not trying to get others to go out and buy any airsoft stuff for their guns.

Posted Images

Even if one thinks that most airsoft accessories are crap, which I may tend to agree with, surely they could accept the possibility that SOME airsoft accessories MIGHT be good enough for firearm use. Not many, you say? Maybe not, but what's wrong with finding out that some may work? An $80 savings on sights for a 22lr AR sounds like a good idea. Personally, almost none of my guns would have airsoft stuff and I might even be picky on stuff made for real firearms, but I can see a role for cheap airsoft stuff.

You will probably catch a lot of flack for using airsoft stuff

Called it. :D

• Like 2

Even if one thinks that most airsoft accessories are crap, which I may tend to agree with, surely they could accept the possibility that SOME airsoft accessories MIGHT be good enough for firearm use. Not many, you say? Maybe not, but what's wrong with finding out that some may work? An $80 savings on sights for a 22lr AR sounds like a good idea. Personally, almost none of my guns would have airsoft stuff and I might even be picky on stuff made for real firearms, but I can see a role for cheap airsoft stuff.

You will probably catch a lot of flack for using airsoft stuff

Called it. biggrin.png

Thank you....thats why Im doing this. To see, if any, airsoft accessories are the same as "real" firearm accessories. I am not trying to get others to go out and buy any airsoft stuff for their guns. I just wanted to see for myself and thought Id start a topic about(knowing that i would get yelled at for it lol)

• Like 2

coming from the airsoft world, i use all airsoft accessories on my .22LR. it doesnt make sense to spend $500 on optics for a .22

i have airsoft magpul MBUS, laser, flashlight and vertical grip on my S12

if the $10 grip shreds on my S12, then ill get a real one

i want to see if my $45 eotech replica will hold up on my AR15 .223 though.

Edited by defcon
  • Like 1

coming from the airsoft world, i use all airsoft accessories on my .22LR. it doesnt make sense to spend $500 on optics for a .22

i want to see if my $45 eotech replica will hold on my AR15 .223 though.

how is the sight picture on that eotech? a friend of mine had one and his was very blurry.....the Aimpoint T-1 i have is holdind its zero with around 250 rounds through it and many more to go.

how is the sight picture on that eotech? a friend of mine had one and his was very blurry.....the Aimpoint T-1 i have is holdind its zero with around 250 rounds through it and many more to go.

i have 5 eotech holograph replicas and theyre clear. i dont have that blurriness.

my FFL showed me a real eotech and it was blurry/grainy which was kind of weird. i was expecting the real ones to be crystal clear and crisp. i havent seen an airsoft aimpoint yet. i like the looks of the eotechs. your airsoft aimpoint is mounted on your S12?

i have 5 eotech holograph replicas and theyre clear. i dont have that blurriness.

my FFL showed me a real eotech and it was blurry/grainy which was kind of weird. i was expecting the real ones to be crystal clear and crisp. i havent seen an airsoft aimpoint yet. i like the looks of the eotechs. your airsoft aimpoint is mounted on your S12?

yeah I was in the army and we had eotechs they are all "blurry" but the eotech clone sight just didnt look right. The way you can tell if its good or not is by putting the red dot on a stable surface and aim it at anything you can just by setting it down. I if the retical stays on what ever you aimed at no matter how much you move your head then it shoud hold zero no matter what place the retical is in the glass. N ow as for being shock proof thats a different story.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Mall Ninja aspect of all this.

If you read carefully i did mention it.

Could someone explain the meaning or origin of the phrase 'mall ninja'? I understand context so I know what it means but why 'mall ninja'.

hilarious actually......http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

I haven't Looked a mall security the same since reading that.

and also.......http://www.urbandict...rm=mall%20ninja

Edited by Yeoldetool

I sincerely apologize for misusing the term "Mall Ninja." Right after I catch my breath from laughing so hard, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet.

I'M SORRY FOR CALLING YOU A MALL NINJA. YOU ARE NOT A MALL NINJA, my bad. I'm a mall ninja. That gecko45 is a badass mo fo.

Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife, out!

• Like 1

I have a few UTG and Ncstar things and they have worked so far. I also have real Magpul and other high quality firearm accessories. Most of the cheaper stuff is on my .22 caliber rifles, not my 12 gauge shotguns. I would like to see how a $30 optic holds up to a Saiga. There is a place for cheap stuff and then there is not.

• Like 1

I sincerely apologize for misusing the term "Mall Ninja." Right after I catch my breath from laughing so hard, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet.

I'M SORRY FOR CALLING YOU A MALL NINJA. YOU ARE NOT A MALL NINJA, my bad. I'm a mall ninja. That gecko45 is a badass mo fo.

Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife, out!

You made Pepsi come outta my nose......whewhaha.gif

Hey guys, keep it to the original topic. I bet other airsoft stuff like ammo haulers and the like would be fine too. You covered rail covers, but it seems to me that any aluminum rail that is dimensionally correct will work about the same too. I bet there are aluminum airsoft rails that are better than plastic weaver rails as supplies with tapco and similar.

I gotta say there are enough other threads for talking about the tired mall ninja cliche. It was interesting to read those origin threads though. The guy must have been a top level troll, his posts toward the end made it pretty clear he was trying to be dumb to get a reaction.

• Like 1

Ive looked at other metal airsoft parts/accessories and when it comes to a weapon function they will not work. I think they do this on purpose. I bought an airsoft lefthand magazine release for $15 to see if there was a difference. The threaded end that goes through the lower receiver is larger than the hole in the receiver so it will not go through. I havent looked at any rail systems yet. When it comes to chest rigs and tactical vests ive noticed that there is a definate quality difference. All my gear is real quality stuff and when I compared it to airsoft rigs/vests the airsoft looked like the real thing but are made of cheaper material and would only last a fraction of the time the quality stuff would.

I too would like to stay on topic and the point of this thread is to compare the two. Not to tell everyone to go get the cheap stuff but to see which airsoft stuff has the quality like the real stuff so that guys dont have to pay an arm and a leg.

I anyone has any imput to things theyve bought that was a clone/copy or airsoft gear let us know what you think of the items.

Working backwards, my TapcoIntrafuse forearm lower rail busted on my 308 when using it with a bi-pod.

I will say I had the bi-pod on the end of the rail right over the end screw.

Edit for "I know bi-pods are pussys, but I need one.

Edited by RED333

There hasn't been alot said about quad rails. I have a UTG quad rail on my draco and it's as solid as my knights armament (ar15) and almost as sturdy as my chaos Titan. I'm sure some airsoft stuff is junk but some of it is good quality for a good price

I've had the UTG quad rails on a WASR and one on my DPMS AR. Both were solid and worked fine for my uses.

Could someone explain the meaning or origin of the phrase 'mall ninja'? I understand context so I know what it means but why 'mall ninja'.

hilarious actually......http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

I haven't Looked a mall security the same since reading that.

and also.......http://www.urbandict...rm=mall%20ninja

HAHAHA i was crackin up reading that rent a cop's bullshit

I have a Magpul single-2 point airsoft sling, It even has the silky feel of the real one so it is easier to slide on clothes and gear. Came with the exact same instructions as the ones on magpuls site, in a plastic bag. 20usd.

Them chinese are cloning everything even pills.

post-33957-0-66788600-1322142847_thumb.jpg

I've gone through 4 flashlight on my S-12s.

The S-12 has the capability of shearing the threads off the head of a aluminum flashlight with 3" magnums.

Even made for the gun magazine manufacturers have had issues over the years.

I can see using airsoft rail covers. I do. theres a set I like with good grip, and a low profile that a real version of isn't made.

Optics? do your research. theres enough people that have killed these that its nearly a science as to what works. Cheapest your going to get is a Primary arms sight, or Vortex. Those will stand up to some abuse, but even they have their limits. The Vortex for example can get cooked if mounted on a Ultimak rail on a rifle.

Grip pods? Okay, I guess they will work for a VFG, but they are unlikly to be as stable as a Chaos VFG. The bipod function of them is worthless on any knock off though. Ask any serious shooter, a cheap Bipod will hurt accuracy. How much this will affect you depends. Its a shotgun. A bipod seems excessive anyway, Can't you use a Bag or shooters rest at a range or off a stand? you would be better off. As far as the plastic grip... remember I said these things shear the heads off 6061 aluminum flashlights. Its very possible if mounting it on a metal rail you will chew up the plastic and get wiggle. You want a stable platform right?

If your using a SGM tri rail, well its plastic on plastic. you should be okay. The shotguns don't generally seem to get hot enough to melt the SGM handguards like my rifle did.

The Magpul PTS sling can, and will eventually strip out with heavy use, and I was disappointed with the durability of the finish. The strap itself did hold up for me it was the metal parts that did not hold up. I bought that at nearly the same cost as a real magpul MS2 sling a while back, and found out my mistake when it came in.

Feel free to test things for yourself, its your money. Hell keep us informed, but unless your really torturing your setup, don't consider your findings accurate, just possibly accurate for light duty use.

Edited by Nailbomb
Spelling errors

The right two are airsoft and the left is "real" but the middle and left one are identical in every way.

Actually just from that pic the one on the left is the only one with molding marks, the two on the right have rounded feet, and the one on the left has a different thumb screw to mount it.

i have one of those cheap bi pods on saiga 12, paid 10 bucks for it. it has stood up to 50 slugs so far. i can hit a 12" by 12" paper target at 100 yrd using that cheap bi pod and just the stock sights. i have $40 adjustable fore grip i bought from the gun store and it broke on after the 1st drum. the bi pod does feel cheap and flimsy. what is the best bi pod for the saiga 12

I know the bipod grips arent worth anything as far as accuracy goes. I used to be into precision shooting before I lost the use of my right arm and had a Remington 700 PSS(police sniper sys) in 300winmag, but i dont think a Saiga or any shotgun for that matter would need a precision bipod for shooting lol.

As for really testing my system, I have to wait for my bolt and carrier to get back from Pauly. Then I will "torture" my set up lol. The start up of this thread was to start off with the look of quality and just a visual comparision. I do know that the optics will fail but I just want to see how long they will last.

And yes as of right now its all under "light duty use" but soon the real tests will begin.