only 284 days till the Mayan calender ends ( as of 3/11)

What will happen on December 21 2012  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21 2012

• Solar flare knocks out all electronics sending us into the dark ages
    • earths poles flip causing new ice age
    • nothing except the wakos that believe this cause riots
    • I just get another day older
    • mutiple natural disasters( tsunamis, earth quakes, super volcanos erupting) cause destruction

The Mayan calendar is based on astronomical alignments. Each epoch is the time between grand alignments. A grand alignment is when the sun,earth, moon, planets and the entire milky way are in a single plane. This will mean that at that time the tides will be larger than normal. This means that places like Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. where the Earth is not stable will be slightly more likely to shake a bit. Places that flood at tides a bit above normal flood tide will more likely to flood. This is NOT an EOTWAWKI event. The effect is NOT that large. It is however a great way to mark time as it occurs at a regular interval.

From NASA's website.

Q: Could phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing is going to happen as I am in the process of building a replica Mayan Sacrificial Altar.

That's nothing; I've got a calendar right on my desk that ends in 17 days!

Just don't chase after those Mayan girls too hard. They'll rip your heart out.

Posted Images

Well, here's my thoughts on it... since the Mayans didn't observe any sort of Leap Year, and there's been 514 of them since Ceaser came up with it, factor in all those 1/4 days and... the world should have ended 7 months ago, so I think I'm good.

• Like 1

Leap year has nothing to do with it. December 21st is just the date in our calendar that coincides with the end date in the Mayan calendar. Maybe nothing will happen or the earth will cease to exist, or any variable in between. Regardless, there's a lot more to think about than the end of a unit of measure. We count a week as 7 days. When that 7th day ends, it's not the end of the world, a new week just starts.

Leap year has nothing to do with it. December 21st is just the date in our calendar that coincides with the end date in the Mayan calendar. Maybe nothing will happen or the earth will cease to exist, or any variable in between. Regardless, there's a lot more to think about than the end of a unit of measure. We count a week as 7 days. When that 7th day ends, it's not the end of the world, a new week just starts.

Such a Killjoy!greedy.gif

Such a Killjoy!greedy.gif

Haha!!

Mayans were great astronomers and mathmaticians. However, so was Isaac Newton who said the world would end??? 2036 or was it 2060??? Either way, no one knows! I find it hard to believe people even care about the end of the world when they don't seem to care about the end of our country or FREEDOM!!! Just look at our so called current leaders and the state of our country. If anything predicts an end to anything good and lasting they do!!!!!

Edited by Guns Are Great

Perhaps the MAyans KNEW that the END of the world was not a physical stonomical, or planetary EVENT of destruction... but one of political and socioeconomic breakdown. When CIVILIZATION as we know it crumbles to a grinding halt.. not because of foods or tsunamis... but because of corporate greed and struggles for power by the elitist philosophies to enslave the common man.... THAT... is certainly something I can see potentially happening by the end of DECEMBER the way the shit in OUR government is going RIGHT NOW! unsure.png

Think I will fix the title too...

And add a link to a countdown timer site... so we can update as needed.

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html

000.gif

Perhaps the MAyans KNEW that the END of the world was not a physical stonomical, or planetary EVENT of destruction... but one of political and socioeconomic breakdown. When CIVILIZATION as we know it crumbles to a grinding halt.. not because of foods or tsunamis... but because of corporate greed and struggles for power by the elitist philosophies to enslave the common man.... THAT... is certainly something I can see potentially happening by the end of DECEMBER the way the shit in OUR government is going RIGHT NOW! unsure.png

Think I will fix the title too...

And add a link to a countdown timer site... so we can update as needed.

http://www.7is7.com/.../countdown.html

000.gif

Thanks for the assist in the title and the countdown timer it's just what this thread needed. i got a CTD catalog in the mail the other day that had a picture on the front with the time remaining untill the "END" at the time the cataloge was printed nothing like trying to cause fear for the good of the dollar signs

I'm going to sit on my porch and keep an eye out for drunk idiots or crazy lunatics that try to break into my house or vandalize anything on my property. Don't prepare for the end of days (December 21) because that is all foolishness, but instead prepare for a crime spike.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

I remember all the predictions of disasters with the Y2K and nothing happened.

The only thing I want to see is the ObaMuslim counting the last days of his usurped 'presidency' with is replacement preparing to take over in one month. If the Zero is reelected then we'll have a disaster and the Mayan caledar won't matter.

• Like 2