I NEED a new rifle... I need it for hunting, long range target shooting, home defense, close quarters combat, and SHTF when the zombies come...

I am thinking 6.8 and its gotta be a piston rifle...

Maybe I should get a grendel set up for 1000 yard shooting...

I only have about $500.00 to spend...

I hear the .223 isnt powerful enough... but the 6.8 is designed for the military... so it is good.

Sorry.... I watched the first few minutes of the video in the post about " Every internet gun question" in the funny section... I couldnt resist posting this... :lol::up:

How TRUE it really is, though, eh?!!?!?!?!? :unsure:

:smoke:

I NEED a new rifle... I need it for hunting, long range target shooting, home defense, close quarters combat, and SHTF when the zombies come...

A couple people would say an AR in 6.5 Grendel.

6.8 is better within 300 yards, Grendel for longer than that.

Maybe I should get a grendel set up for 1000 yard shooting...

Will a Grendel even reach that far?

I only have about $500.00 to spend...

Start Saving.

I hear the .223 isnt powerful enough... but the 6.8 is designed for the military... so it is good.

If you "... need it for hunting, long range target shooting, home defense, close quarters combat, and SHTF when the zombies come...", .223 ain't what you want. Needs to be bigger than .22 caliber to hunt. 6.8 is OK for CQB and SHTF, probably overpenetrating for HD and not enough knockdown for zombies.

You need two guns for that, or at least a Grendel with a Masterkey.

Start saving.

Oh, I've found that the best thing to do to those clowns is to take them seriously, and rub their nose in just how incompatible their requests are.

Besides,

I need it for hunting, long range target shooting, home defense, close quarters combat, and SHTF when the zombies come...

is pretty reasonable, though why it *has* to be a piston rifle is beyond me. Must be something from the AR forums that I don't care enough to visit.

The rest is made of mall-ninja.

It's also a reminder to us that not all the 'mall-ninjas' are idiots. They really can get one or two guns that will do just about everything they want. Probably not at the price point they want, but they can get most of their requirements met in one gun.

Edited by Scott Kenny

Oh, I've found that the best thing to do to those clowns is to take them seriously, and rub their nose in just how incompatible their requests are.

Besides,

I need it for hunting, long range target shooting, home defense, close quarters combat, and SHTF when the zombies come...

is pretty reasonable, though why it *has* to be a piston rifle is beyond me. Must be something from the AR forums that I don't care enough to visit.

The rest is made of mall-ninja.

It's also a reminder to us that not all the 'mall-ninjas' are idiots. They really can get one or two guns that will do just about everything they want. Probably not at the price point they want, but they can get most of their requirements met in one gun.

Dude the whole thread is a JOKE!! Theres even a link in THIS THREAD to the referenced video that he's joking about. The man is not looking for a rifle.

haha.gif

• 2 weeks later...