Saiga 7.62x39 TGI

Very good price... I might have to order a couple of different ones for my collection smile.png. I just gotta call them and ask if these are the ones with abortion marks on them. Thnx for the link, I remember last time I checked they were out.

Edited by HappYBallZ

Very good price... I might have to order a couple of different ones for my collection smile.png. I just gotta call them and ask if these are the ones with abortion marks on them. Thnx for the link, I remember last time I checked they were out.

You don't like the highly collectable "match stricker" series?? rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Why is that there on some of them anyways? Importers bought another importers batch or something?

It is a prior importers stamp. Russians never throw anything away. They make no distinction between new and re-arsenaled. Some may be new and never shipped, or dealer returns. Makes no difference to them, different culture than Americans.

i like the striker series, because they come with dimples 027.gif

It is a prior importers stamp. Russians never throw anything away. They make no distinction between new and re-arsenaled. Some may be new and never shipped, or dealer returns. Makes no difference to them, different culture than Americans.

if they didn't have that attitude, russian plum furniture would have been disposed of the day it was first made. It is a result of an error in production while trying to achieve black furniture for the ak-74 series. Now its iconic to the ak look.

and regardless of which importer, a saiga is a saiga, unless you get a vodka special.

Could it be that the original importers put a stamp on the rifles when they imported them, but another US importer somehow acquired them, and naturally didn't want to market rifles with a competitor's stamp on them, so they obliterated the original importer's stamp and put their own on? Was the match striker done in Russia?

Edited by leadchucker

I stopped smoking so no use to me wink.png

I don't see a problem with them really I'm just picky with cosmetics. But if they all really have dimples I might consider it and then just fill it in. I do think they should have provided a discount on those but who knows maybe they did but dealers/importers didn't pass it on to us!

Edited by HappYBallZ

I stopped smoking so no use to me wink.png

I don't see a problem with them really I'm just picky with cosmetics. But if they all really have dimples I might consider it and then just fill it in. I do think they should have provided a discount on those but who knows maybe they did but dealers/importers didn't pass it on to us!

Buy an AR then;)

• Like 1

What year guns do you guys have? Both of the ones I just got are 09's, I'm hoping for threads. They have the dimples and the notched barrels. Fingers are crossed. Oh and mine are the match striker series. Oh well. I had no idea these guns had this. Not a huge turn off, but I could have lived without it.

Edited by Tram

WOW! This threaded barrel thing seems soooooo iffy and arbitrary. This could make a sane person crazy trying to figger this thing out. Mine appears to have threads, but, who knows? Guess I'll have to break out the dremel and pipe cutter tomorrow.

BTW, I like the match striker.

It makes starting fires much easier.

But, it's not nearly as much fun as using tracers (or a flamethrower).011.gif

Ordered a pair of Saiga's (7.62) and received last Friday. One has the flat trunion and one round. The serial #'s had a difference of about 500.

The round trunion one looks like it may have a threaded barrel.

I also noticed that JG no longer even has them on their site.

That's exactly how mine wound up looking. Flat trunion doesn't look threaded, round *might* be.

This one, I don't think is threaded..

photo.jpg

This one, would appear to be more likely threaded than the other, to my highly unskilled eye. :)

photo2.jpg

Just finished with the pipe cutter and I have thread liftoff!

My faux AK74 brake went right on without a hitch.

Well, after I wire brushed that dried compound off the threads.

Now, a quick question. I see a few folks have used Teflon Plumber's Tape to secure and index the muzzle brake.

Is regular old Teflon plumber's tape going to survive the live fire break-in at the range?

I just can't wrap my mind around this tape surviving a hot barrel. Need input, please?029.gif

• 2 weeks later...