Off to fight the good fight

Kysoldier,

We help the Navy all the time we have more of a working relationship with them, true we don't have a Battle Fleet but we have lots of patrol boats and other things the Navy may need from time to time like Port Security Units. In turn they help us also with some of our missions.

I must say that as time goes by this Gulf Coast response is looking like a huge cluster _ _ _ _ to me. I think more leadership needs to be shown, some organization. I have a few suggestions for those in charge.

#1 Get the Good Year Blimp and flash directions to the people. I would use sky writers or those planes you see at the beach to tell people where to go. People need to know where the help is and they will find a way to get there.

#2 When they get there be ready to move them the heck out.

#3 Tell them like this, "If you want to get on the next bus square away this area", and the ones that help with sanitation and general clean up get on the bus first. In other words if your able to help yourself and sit on your ass, screw you. If you play ball and help out we will help you. If you put them to work they will have something to focus on, and feel like they are doing something while they are waiting for a bus ride.

#4 There is a huge leadership problem at high and low levels. If lead these people will respond, The city needs to be rebuilt so why not use refugees to fill sandbags after all it's thier town. Let them help to save it.

Edited by topmaul

we have already seen the spike in crime rates in my city.

burglaries and car jackings quadrupled overnight.

people stealing cars for gas and robbing banks.

police officers getting stabbed at the shelters.

and they said theres 30,000 more coming!

time to lock and load!

they better not try to get my truck! or break into my house!

it's complete panic and getting worse. this way of life is going to become common b/c these evacuees are going to be here for months if not permanantly.

it's utter chaos down in N.O. trust me, i've talked to alot of people from down there and they all say it's 1000 times worse than what you see on tv!

the smell in the air makes you wanna vomit. the violence is completely insane!

my company was looking for volunteers and i won't go unless i can be armed! and thats not a possibility according to them. so i'm gonna stay right here and protect my home and family from all the freaks that are up here from down there doing what they do best. steal, kill, and rape!

i'm gonna get the old 870 and put it by the bed for the wife to use.

there's still no word on the bus load of prisoners that escaped just outside of town the other day. man what a shit load of chaos!

just when you think all the worst that can happen has come to pass, BOOM. there goes something else!

and the police got on tv and the radio and lied straight to everyone saying that none of the above happened, but all this i heard from people that saw it with their own eyes!

fuck the cops! just think of all the people that have let their guard down b/c the fuckin loser cops told them that it's all rumors b/c they don't want to deal with any body panic.

We are working on getting a pass now to go down to the coast this weekend. We will be carrying gas and supplys to a church down in gulfport. From what I here things are going alot more smoothly here in Mississippi. I hate to say it but I guess there are a bunch of low class people left in new orleans right now. They don't seem to care that they are killing their own neighbors by hindering the rescue efforts. We will only be traveling here in Mississippi, but will be well armed just in case.

Guys,

I cannot believe what I am seeing! This should be a lesson to people that don't

believe we need guns! I could'nt imagine being there unarmed. This is a friggen nightmare. My buddy and I were talking about how we wish we could arm up

and go help the innocents, but you know if we started layin down lead, the friggen cops would probably take us down.

Those people,if you want to call them that, are no more than wild animals, and should be put down. They have lost the right to live in this country, and to live at all. Imagine what this looks like to the rest of the world. Its embarassing!

And people ask me why I buy so many AK style weapons, and stockpile ammo.

Its not to start a militia,its to protect my friends and family when something

like this happens. I live in the Northwest,and I don't have any idea what people are

like down there,but we are due for a whopper earthquake, and somehow I don't think people are that different no matter where you live.

I hope I'm wrong. But I will tell you this, I am prepared. :devil::killer:

BRING IT!

Edited by gunboy69
I'm a 10 Year Prior service (army) Vet, and I got out in 2003. Lots of my buddies are still in, and many are helping out with the situation down there. One friend of mine is a crew chief on a US Army Helo (blackhawk) and they took rifle rounds in the side of thier bird while pulling up a 2 year old girl..they stayed there under fire to complete the rescue, and then called it in to HQ to "redzone" the area. No more rescue ops went on in that area for 3 days. They simply went to other areas that were needed that did not have people shooting at them. The guy that fired on the helo effectively killed who knows how many people by damning them to starvation and death by dehydration, cause the pilots flagged that zone as unsafe...

This is a F*cking HOLOCAUST...lawless gangs raping and kiling at will, looting and stealing everything they can get thier hands on... shots fired at rescuers, killings in the superdome, disease, people getting eaten by gators, dead bodies floating by the hundreds in the streets, thousands missing, millions homeless. This is pretty much the doomsday zombie apocalypse scenario on steriods.

Do what you can for these people, cause they are gonna need it. I work in Atlanta now, and there are thousands of refugees coming into town this weekend for assistance from the Georgia Dept of Human Resources...in the surrounding states and cities you will see spikes in crime, rapes, murders, robberies and car jackings...millions of people have nothing to loose anymore, and will start taking chances and making poor decisions. If you live in an area nearby, Arm yourself. This is not gonna get better soon, I'm afraid..

I think your assessment of arise in violent crime is right on target. These folks are lost outside of their known domain. Without jobs and skills they will be wards of the State and engage in higher levels of crime out of poverty, frustration, anger, and poor moral fiber.

This has given us a good glipse of what would happen if the terrorist were ever able to orchestrate and multi-point attack on American soil. We would be in absolute turmoil and absolute lawlessness would abound until martial law was declared and some were shot dead.

wolverine: that is exactly why I tripled the size of my gun collection after 9/11, and have a large cache of ammo and other things now at all times. a week or two later, and you are either out of a home, your possessions, or your life.

TWGlade: ive noticed that the media has a distinct change of tone today, and Ive also noticed that there are a lot of pieces of footage that i saw days ago being re-run now. I had a feeling what you said is what was happening.

if any of you think the government or the police wont lie to you, well, think again. they will and always do. it is the blind leading the naked.

or how about if your kid went to school the first day of the year, and the teachers werent there yet beacuse of a busted bridge? thats ok too i bet right?

Hmm, happens all the time down where I live (College Professors don't show up to teach class when 1/2" of snow falls the night before the first day of the semester).

Of course the students themselves are only allowed one missed day themselves. :eek:

Can't help if the asshat Professors decide to all live over in Delaware just because of lower taxes. The Delaware students are still required to show up.

Bad anology, Bvamp. :rolleyes:

When we had our hurricane here we banded together and pooled our resourses, checked on friends an neighbors, no looting, not crime, just neighbor helping neighbor. I don't think we are all that un-civilized. Pluss folks here in North Carolina have guns and know how to use them. I usually keep sufficient amounts of ammunition for two three gun matches and a practice session in the house. Not to mention hunting gun ammo.

When we had our hurricane here we banded together and pooled our resourses, checked on friends an neighbors, no looting, not crime, just neighbor helping neighbor. I don't think we are all that un-civilized.  Pluss folks here in North Carolina have guns and know how to use them. I usually keep sufficient amounts of ammunition for two three gun matches and a practice session in the house. Not to mention hunting gun ammo.

+1 topmaul! Civilized people react differently to a disaster. I have relatives who lived in New Orleans until last week. They were smart enough to leave when they saw it coming and are now safe at my cousin's place in Lafayette where they too are arming themselves in case it gets bad there. The people of Lafayette lost a lot too but they aren't rioting and carying on like those animals down in N.O. In 96' when hurricane Fran came right through the middle of NC and right over my house the whole city looked like a war zone. Everything was wrecked and the power was out for two weeks here. The roof blew off my house and the rains poured in and ruined everything. We had a 3 foot thick oak tree that used to shade the house and it fell within 3 fell of my bedroom. We were lucky we only lost the house and some of our belongings that were ruined. My neighbors all the way down the street I lived on had their houses flooded (some up to the rooftops just like the houses in N.O.) when the creek rose about 15' because of the rains and a 60 acre lake upstream that blew it's dam out. I had two cars and a bass boat get completely submerged. The small airport a mile downstream was all underwater with planes flipped over, sunk, and scattered around like toys. There were huge oak trees down everywhere and most roads were impassable and powerlines down for weeks. When dawn broke people went out and could not recognize anything. But you know what? I did not hear of one case of looting or other violence. The worst was the middle eastern specialty beer store in town and another arab run "convenience" store nearby that catered to a large neighborhood and two trailer parks(which were mostly destroyed) raising prices on everything from gas to ice and other basic necessities. They were lucky the cops put a stop to that before the good ol boys had to resort to justified looting. There were also people who went around with trucks and chainsaws and overcharged desparate people, especially old people, for cleaning up their lots, some even taking money and leaving the jobs unfinished. But even those assholes weren't threatened with violence or at least none was carried out. Because I live along a floodplane I saw many people I know lose everything. But you know what? All these folks got out in the neighborhood with saws and tools and helped each other clean up the mess. As soon as I made sure my wife and my animals were ok I left my own personal disaster behind and went around and checked on my neighbors. I jumped in the fray with truck and chainsaw and helped clear downed trees. I met some of the neighbors who I had never even talked to before and helped them out. We all came together and helped each other out. Even after two weeks without power and water we were doing what we had to to survive by helping each other and not going around bitching and moaning and expecting the govt. to come and cater to each of our needs. That all came in due time as FEMA went house to house and found out what had to be done and took care of those who needed it most first. Then all this happened all over again 3 years later when hurricane Floyd came right over us and flooded the whole eastern part of the state from here to the coast. Sorry for rambling but all this is still fresh in my mind like it was yesterday. There was no one around here losing their minds and wreaking havoc like those low class apes down in N.O. Those fuckers are nothing more than animals and should be put down like animals are when they become dangerous! Instead of helping each other they are doing just like they did before the disaster and taking advantage of each other and blaming the govt. for all their problems. If people would pull their own weight and not expect others and the govt. to give them everything then they would not end up in such dire straights. This whole country needs a cleansing of these animals and maybe Katrina was a good start. :ded:

You guys watch your asses down there and thanks for serving.

Here's a couple of pics of those bitches. Floyd first and then Fran.

post-1293-1125765983_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1125766009_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I think what alot of people are missing here is that quite simply, the population of NO was asked to evacuate; then told the big one was coming and they needed to evacuate, and finally told get the hell out or else. I think we can see as some of the early reports showed, that a goodly number of people just said they were going to stick it out, with predictable results. Then, the SHTF. Big time. Hell, the NWS was only off by 15 miles as to where landfall was going to be! (Remember the guy they kept talking to who was in his attic with an ax, sledge hammer, and said, "When really it gets bad, I'll be on the roof. Look for me!". The able bodied idiots who elected to stay behind, simply made it impossible for the early rescue personel to get to the neediest people (oldsters, kids, disabled, etc.). Then, when 'Uncle Sugar' wasn't on the scene in a matter of minutes, it was 'Oh me oh my; nobody loves us!' Hell, we're talking about a devestated area roughly the size of Kansas! If you dig around a bit, you'll see that the govonors of several western states offered to send NG troops the day BEFORE the storm hit, but got no response from LA's govonor until 3 days after! I'll be the first one to say that the response has not been perfect, BUT when there is an event of this magnatude, with the number of people that are involved (including the 'gangsta' types), simply by definition, the response of relief efforts will not be instantaneous. AND, as others have pointed out, what if the efforts of the looters, shooters, etc had been directed towards helping one another until the authorities did arrive?

Hopefully we have ALL learned a lesson or two on Government dependency. The 4th generation welfare folks down there that expected someone to step in at the last minute, grab them by the hand and force them out of the projects and save them from the aweful storm like someone has saved them from every other mess they have gotten themselves into based on poor personal choices. ALSO the working class taxpayers who depended on the government to protect their families and property during the evacuation.

Man I totally agree with you guys on the issue of government dependence. It is time to teach these people to fish. I think the Mayor is in deep yogurt. These was a plan in place that called for, among other things, the city to be evacuated 72 hours before a projected hit by a Class 3 or higher hurricane, that the city's school and municipal buses and other city vehicles be used to evacuate the poor and disabled who could not make their own way out, that the city go out and tell people to evacuate because not everyone has TV and radio. He did none of those things and the feds had to plead with him to get him to even give the too little too late evacuation order he finally did issue.

Boy this situation makes me glad I have two S-12s in my collection because when the SHTF you are on your own and you better be prepared to deal with the zombies in our society.

The plan ignored:

http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/plans/EOPSupplement1a.pdf

Boy this situation makes me glad I have two S-12s in my collection because when the SHTF you are on your own and you better be prepared to deal with the zombies in our society.

Edited by DaGroaner

jesus.

maybe its not too late to round my little "band" up and go down there yet to help these people out.

it is a sad day when americans have to paint that on thier wall, thats all i know. this is exactly why our forefathers gave us the right to bear arms. now is the time to show that right means something to us all.

You guys are too young to remember the riots in '68. The fabric of civilazation is the thinist where everything else is the most worn. Poverty is the bane of social order. Those with nothing have nothing to loose. Criminals do not like nice neighborhoods-they seek out the places where nobody asks questions.

The most disturbing image that I have seen so far was of the N.O. schoolbus fleet lined up neatly in the lot with water up to the windows. Why didn't the N.O. city government use them to carry people out of the storm path? Hell to be totally mercenary, why was an asset of the city that costs as much as a bus fleet abandoned to the storm?

Everything about this disaster is compounded by gross stupidity (politics comes under that heading). Where neighborhoods and towns are stable and functional everyone is a lot more likely to pull together to help each other. The more transient the area the less civilization you can expect when the SHTF.

G O B

I heard a rumor today that I cannot believe to be true...

That the military was contemplating the use of a neutron style weapon to "sterilize" the whole region...

I just cant believe anything like that could come to pass... but hey... with shit like this going on, the threat of disease and contamination as widespread as it is... who the fuck knows...

and we all know the military would just say "OOPS" our bad... if they did and it got out of hand...

I suppose we will see...

:smoke:

Jesus guys,

I didn't know when I started this thread you guys would get so f&*ing emotional. I was looking forward to coming back and writing my .02, but you guys took the words out of my mouth. I do have a couple of quick points to make....

1) I was deployed down there for 10 days total, that was the most meaningful, fulfilling mission I've ever been on, and there will probably never be another one like it. To any LA residents - It was an honor to be asked to help, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I think I speak for my entire unit as well.

2) The governer of LA is a dumb fuck.

3) Anyone left in that city as of now is not there because their government failed them, it's because they wouldn't put down there wine bottle down long enough to get on a fuckin' helicopter.

4) As far as getting out in a timeley manner goes - there is a thing called personal responsibility of protecting yourself, and having the sense and direction to get out of a bad situation when your instincts tell you there is something wrong. I understand there were a lot of people who didn't have the money to get out, but I also know that there are a lot of people who didn't want to for selfish reasons. I personally know people who sat on there asses not doing shit, and as a result, they lost everything.

5) Sean Penn should be shot and killed.

6) There are a lot of organizations who donated money, food, and quarters to my unit while we were down there, we were flying a whole shitload of hours down there, and working well beyond the limits of hour duty day, and flight crew rest requirements. These organizations made our stay much more comfortable, and kept us going strong. They should be praised for helping the Army out, as well as the evacuees. Thanks goes to the city of Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge municipal airport, Executive Aviation, the local VFW, Baton rouge Civil Air Patrol, and many other organizations, can't remember all of the names. Thanks guys, your support helped a lot.

7) And thanks for your support guys (This board), I knew I could count on you all. I'll post some pics of what I saw down there in the photo gallery soon, I'm gonna get my own film developed, and round up some of the digital pics that other pilots took.

Edited by shaneman153a

Welcome home dude! Thanks to the Army and National Guard for all the hard work, as well as the Air Force, Coast Guard, Police, and all the other branches not in any particular order. And to all the citizens in our country and around the world who are donating money and goods to help out. Everyone wants to blast the govt. and call them gungrabbers but I think the problems down there got way out of hand and were more than we have ever had to deal with in our country so they did and are requiring extreme measures. Just like everyone is reponsible for their own well being when it comes down to it, everyone is also responsible for their own firearms and need to act accordingly.

Thanks Shane!

I'll second that! Disasters bring out the best and the worst in people. The press seems to want to look more at the bad parts than those who have gone out of their way to help. My hat is off to anyone who in some way or another lent a hand in this debacle.