Friday, March 16, I decided to go get some dog food at a store about 16 miles from my house. On my way home a Chevy Malibu decided to turn left in front of me and the pictures tell the rest of the story. Now I wouldn't be too pissed off except that I had my 6 month old son in the vehicle with me and the F*CKTARDS didn't even bother to come over and ask if he was ok.

P4160017.jpg

P4160019.jpg

IMG_20120316_212814.jpg

IMG_20120316_212808.jpg

IMG_20120316_212800.jpg

Luckly after an ER visit Elijah is ok and I only have a severely bruised and battered left arm from my elbow to my wrist. Now it is time to deal with the insurance companies...glad I have full coverage. Airbags deployed and I was leaking fluids all over the place...adjuster said it sounded like it probably if totaled. Screwed start to what was a pretty good weekend.

Drive Safe Everyone,

MCASSgt New River

Glad everyone is ok!

Hopefully its totalled and you dont owe more than what its worth. Be careful when dealing with the insurance company on what its worth. Had a car totalled so I sent the insurance company a list of what the vehicle was selling for. In that list there was a car with a salvage title and they tried to use that price in the average price, about 9k less. Added another 2 months of BS before we got our money.

Insurance= scum

Edited by veprk

Glad you and your son are okay.

Good luck with the insurance.

Having just went through some similar shit, some advise. NEVER take your vehicle to Collision Pro. Yours looks like it's beyond repair, but still.

1st real good to hear everyone’s ok that’s the important part. rolleyes.gif

On the loss of the car / insurance stuff good luck, the laws in Florida are more than a little strange. Had a guy run a stop sign, I hit him in the side on rear quarter panel and his insurance company at first said I was at fault because I rear ended him. They wanted to forget the side part and focus on the rear part, I said next time I’d aim for the drivers door to avoid confusion. Then I as at 49% fault. I asked did I take his foot off the brake or make the decision for him to keep moving? Seems like the nice people seen in the commercials aren’t the people you talk to after a wreck. mad.gif

Glad your son is OK. Make sure to keep an eye on your arm. Don't sign off on anything until you feel good again. I've had my arm pull my back completely out after it healed. From what I'm told, the muscles tighten up to protect the injured area and can pull on other muscles and tendons. Not a fun time.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad you and your son are OK. I would keep an eye on that arm before I signed off on anything concerning personal injury. The car can be replaced. You and you son cannot. Hang in there, better days are coming.

That is one reason why i hate driving in my town. Nobody follows any of the rules and just does whatever they want with no thought and most of them are lunatics. One of the many shocking things i have witnessed was a man in the lane next to me NOT wearing his seat belt just up and bolt through the red light we were stopped at. If there had been a car driving down the other road (difficult to see because the curvature of the road) he would have been badly injured or even killed. This sort of stuff happens every day where i live and it's dangerous!

Thank God you two are ok.

I have been strongly considering installing a dash cam just in case.

Friday, March 16, I decided to go get some dog food at a store about 16 miles from my house. On my way home a Chevy Malibu decided to turn left in front of me and the pictures tell the rest of the story. Now I wouldn't be too pissed off except that I had my 6 month old son in the vehicle with me and the F*CKTARDS didn't even bother to come over and ask if he was ok.

P4160017.jpg

P4160019.jpg

IMG_20120316_212814.jpg

IMG_20120316_212808.jpg

IMG_20120316_212800.jpg

Luckly after an ER visit Elijah is ok and I only have a severely bruised and battered left arm from my elbow to my wrist. Now it is time to deal with the insurance companies...glad I have full coverage. Airbags deployed and I was leaking fluids all over the place...adjuster said it sounded like it probably if totaled. Screwed start to what was a pretty good weekend.

Drive Safe Everyone,

MCASSgt New River

Glad to hear you and your son are OK, Mike.