• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, you're better at this shit than i thought, once you get my saiga to fire 10ga shells we can work on my idea of firing .410s through the gas tube with a hammer and nail as the firing pin, pretty

Yes, I did get factory permission before I did EACH and EVERY modification, evidence presented below:   Dear Izmash, I have one of your fine Saiga 12 Shotguns, I was thinking of removing the thread

Easy fellas, damn! Is it not a good thing to share and discuss ideas to learn? I have a feeling that if a certain guy from Georgia had a hand in this for whatever reason, its probably not too far fetc

Posted Images

You are correct, it most DEFINITELY is NOT the same as the autoplug.

How about a gentleman's challenge?

Let's report back after our range outings with proper info, what type of ammo, brand, number of rounds, etc... and let's see how many shots we can go without cleaning the gas block. I've already ran 250 rounds of Federal 7 1/2 birdshot bulk pack from Wally World. I've also ran 50 rounds of Win Uni 7 1/2 birdshot. So we can go from there. I only removed the autoplug and dumped debris out of the gas block.

How 'bout it? Wanna really see what it can do?

Oh, and add ten remington sluggers to that number as well, 2.75"

I'd like to see how well it works after the barrel is so hot that the shot cups melt on the way out. I have thought of this before, but thought about a different method of doing it. I don't care to explain it as it is different than what the OP is getting at.

I havent cleaned my gas system in like 500-600 bulk pack rounds, still runs fine for me

you better have an llc, im going to try the same thing and i'll sue you if i get hurt

i've even got my ammo ready

6256737.jpg

3 1/2" chamber ream anyone? May have to make a custom mag and open up the magwell a touch, lol.

3 1/2" chamber ream anyone? May have to make a custom mag and open up the magwell a touch, lol.

well, you're better at this shit than i thought, once you get my saiga to fire 10ga shells we can work on my idea of firing .410s through the gas tube with a hammer and nail as the firing pin, pretty god damn tactical if you ask me

• Like 4

A 3-1/2 inch shell will easily fit in a stock S12.

First I hand load the shell as far as it will go, then I use a 3/8 wooden dowel and a mallet to drive it the rest of the way home.

As for the 410 shell in the gas tube, that's crazy. what you have to do is bore out your gas plug and weld in an 18" piece of of 3/8 water pipe. After that drill a 1/8" hole in the puck and put a short sheetrock screw through until the point barely protrudes. (or buy a .410 adapter puck).

Many say this is illegal as it results in 2 shots per trigger pull, but this is silly. The .410 barrel goes off when you load a round into the main gun. (the .410 is now considered a "coaxial mount" by tactical operators). I use the BHO when fielding this mod. then I can pull slightly back on my Hello Kitty charging handle and I get one round off before the 12 gauge has even finished loading.

You have to be really quick pulling the trigger or the recoil of the .410 may end up operating the 12 gauge action ejecting a live round. I have prevented this by filling in the extra room in front of the gas puck with JB weld.

I have been trying to figure out how to mount a 3rd barrel facing rearward over my shoulder and fired by the bolt carrier's rearward travel but to keep on ATF's good side I'll have to reverse the entire gas system using a very, very long gas tube made out of old brake line and duct tape.

well, you're better at this shit than i thought, once you get my saiga to fire 10ga shells we can work on my idea of firing .410s through the gas tube with a hammer and nail as the firing pin, pretty god damn tactical if you ask me

rofl! 021.gif

Brilliant idea.. and tactical as fuck!

Please be sure to take video and pics, to preserve the event for the Darwin Awards. ^_^

Edited by post-apocalyptic

What happened?

My thread has taken a dive, littered with a second page of crap.

I guess I'm done posting here.

Folks on this forum will often wander quite a bit, it's what keeps otherwise boring or pretentious threads interesting.

To be honest I think our comments made this thread better.

If you had cut and pasted some of the original text from your other forum posts maybe it would have been a little better, but without picture, video, diagrams etc. and after several folks seemed to say what you've done has been done by others, posted here, scrutinized, then rejected I kind of thought "meh"

Then Russian Hammer brought up dual caliber shooting and the thread got some serious zazz.

I have to tell you a post that goes like this:

"read this other cool thread on some other non-saiga sight."

**vague description**

**vague description**

I'd tell you but I don't have an llc and will get sued in internet court

**vague response** read the other thread to get answers...pleeez

yes I started this thread, but I don't want to type, read other thread

I don't have a patent for this super cool idea several others have tried so I can't tell you specifics"

All I can determine is that you ported your gas block. When I read a tech thread I kinda expect specifics.

you also kinda pooed all over action polishing, which raises two questions.

• How exactly does this gas block porting stop deformation of the top round when a loaded mag is left in the gun?
  • How exactly does this gas port polishing address difficulty inserting a full magazine?

This is the mental image I'm stuck with, customized...YES.....An improvement..... Maybe?

post-3-0-34540300-1348226874_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Gotcha. Mine runs fine, i have no want to try it, i was just curious. I see the holes now and get the idea for cleaning but how is it suppose to compensate for friction in the action? I could be way off and very well might be but it seems like once the puck passes the "nostrils" (bull), it would lose alot of the pressure thats been built up to drive it home. This would make an already weak cycling gun that has friction issues in the action, even more prone to failure.

Was the orignal bleed hole closed up?

What bleed hole?

Gotcha. Mine runs fine, i have no want to try it, i was just curious. I see the holes now and get the idea for cleaning but how is it suppose to compensate for friction in the action? I could be way off and very well might be but it seems like once the puck passes the "nostrils" (bull), it would lose alot of the pressure thats been built up to drive it home. This would make an already weak cycling gun that has friction issues in the action, even more prone to failure.

What bleed hole?

the little hole on the side of the gas block. take off your handgaurds. should be on the left side.

What bleed hole?

the little hole on the side of the gas block. take off your handgaurds. should be on the left side.

What is it bleeding? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's on the backside of the tappet, it see very little gas, It's there to prevent pressure build up as the tappet travels rearward inside the gas block and vacuum as it travels forward.

i think he's talking about how i tried to port my gas block just like his but the gun discharged when i had it tucked into my pants and left a big bleed hole in my cock

or whats left of it! lol. water litterally spewed across my desk!

i think he's talking about how i tried to port my gas block just like his but the gun discharged when i had it tucked into my pants and left a big bleed hole in my cock

or whats left of it! lol. water litterally spewed across my desk!

well after i sue him he'll be donating his right leg to be used as a replacement cock, i might be downgrading in size a little, but the doctor said it would work fine

• Like 1

...I never said anything about, super-secret or superior. I said it was a theory I wanted to test and I don't have an llc, so I'm not giving out info. You can contact the two companies I listed if you want any info. Lets not start some mud slinging here or I'm done. I'm just a person like you trying to test an idea.

As far as this.

"You've just chosen to vent the gas block, rather than the muzzle device or barrel. Same/similar result, different location".

Maybe you need to read my thread again. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion?

Yeah, I guess I needed to read that uzitalk thread more carefully. :angel:

I didn't bother reading it. If it can be posted there, why no here. Again... Copy, paste. Easy as that. I guess a self cleaning system would be awesome for all those muddy ponds I drag my gun through while I'm fighting off zombies at the range.

...I guess a self cleaning system would be awesome for all those muddy ponds I drag my gun through while I'm fighting off zombies at the range.

Damn. :eek:

Must be a public range, huh? ^_^

Unfortunately... Lol! It's small but isn't nearly as bad as what some have posted about. But I always go before most people want to get there.

I didn't bother reading it. If it can be posted there, why no here. Again... Copy, paste. Easy as that. I guess a self cleaning system would be awesome for all those muddy ponds I drag my gun through while I'm fighting off zombies at the range.

ahh yes! the muddy pond zombies. theyre a dangerous lot.

I read the UZItalk thread before I read this one ( bass ackwards I know)

what I don't get is I spent 20.00 bux on dremmel bits and three 10 minute trips to the range and my S12 is running 100% after 452 rounds of wally world shit ammo.

Only thing better would have been to send the bolt and carrier out but I wanted to do it myself.

No I don't worry about deforming a round or loading a mag on a closed bolt. I don't keep it loaded.

Russian Hammer There was a lillyput midget that was selling a leg as a replacement cock on craigslist last week.

Would you like me to forward the add?

He said he wanted to "trade UP" or "get a leg up" out of the deal.

Edited by armalite_ar50
  • Like 1

I hate to be "that guy", but......

If all it took to clear fouling was a couple of ports in the gas block....

Wouldn't a company, one of the premier weapons manufacturers in the world, the current employer of Mikhail - fucking - Kalashnikov, a research and production facility with an impressive list of accomplishments:

• AK-47
  • AKM
  • AK-74
  • AN-94
  • AK101
  • AK103
  • AK107
  • AK-12
  • SAIGA-12
  • SAIGA SELF LOADING CARBINES
  • SKS
  • SV-98
  • SVD
  • SVDS
  • PP-19 BIZON
  • MOSIN NAGANT
  • SVT-40
  • YUNKER
  • GSH-30 CANNON
  • KRASNOPOL GUIDED SHELL

A company that has done EXTENSIVE research into gas system venting and who has shown excellence and great wisdom in producing the most fouling resistant weapons EVER FUCKING INVENTED since the FUCKING WAR HAMMER.

This company.... Never thought of this idea?

An idea come up with by a guy who can't figure out how to cut and paste an article?

Well pardon me if I'm a little dubious.

• Like 1

Easy fellas, damn! Is it not a good thing to share and discuss ideas to learn? I have a feeling that if a certain guy from Georgia had a hand in this for whatever reason, its probably not too far fetched.... Even if it turns out to be "hocus pocus", whats the harm in hearing about it or gathering info from it?

Sure as shit beats all the NEWB threads titled "My Saiga wont run" or "My Saiga is broken, help me"!

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 3