(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

He is fully justified.

Texas Code

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (cool.png, a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(c ) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or

© was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and

And he would be justified in Alabama too.

Section 13A-3-23 - Use of force in defense of a person.

(a) A person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by that other person, and he or she may use a degree of force which he or she reasonably believes to be necessary for the purpose. A person may use deadly physical force, and is legally presumed to be justified in using deadly physical force in self-defense or the defense of another person pursuant to subdivision (4), if the person reasonably believes that another person is:

(1) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force.

(2) Using or about to use physical force against an occupant of a dwelling while committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling.

(3) Committing or about to commit a kidnapping in any degree, assault in the first or second degree, burglary in any degree, robbery in any degree, forcible rape, or forcible sodomy.

I'll say it here in public forum, rape my wife or molest my kidz, and I will kill you... Any Man worthy of being called a Man will do the same.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 8

One less child molester? Good.

Now, if only it were legal to deliver a swift kick in the teeth to the assholes who leave heroin syringes laying around the local trail that leads to the beach... well, then my morning run through the trail would be much better.

the world won't mourn the loss.

His Mother will be on the News somewhere saying how he was a really good man, but he was sexually abused as a child and/or mentally ill, and didn't deserve to be brutally murdered.

His Mother will be on the News somewhere saying how he was a really good man, but he was sexually abused as a child and/or mentally ill, and didn't deserve to be brutally murdered.

His mother has a biased opinion, and didn't raise her son right.

Fuck her and him.

ETA: I'm so P.C.

I'll say it here in public forum, rape my wife or molest my kidz, and I will kill you... Any Man worthy of being called a Man will do the same.

I as well will KILL anyone who is doing harm to my loved ones!!!

• Like 1

I already read of all places some womans site "thestir.cafemom" or some crap like that where many responses were they would not have killed him!!! if you look at the editor of the site you'll see why. My response to her was "because of dipshit liberals like you these scum of the earth are allowed to go free. I am glad I am not your child and I feel sorry if you have any". Adults that do this are the worst of the worst, preying on an innocent child and psychologically screwing them up. Yeah, you mess with my kid you'll never see a jury and it won't be quick. I have pigs................

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • Like 4

The sick fuck died too quick and too easy.

+1

Dude obviously had a barn, if he had horses. He could have kept that guy restrained for days and gotten sick and twisted with him. Would have been a good time to teach a horse how to mount a human being.bad_egg.gif

Cut his nuts out, boil them in oil, then force feed them to him, after that, stake the asshole to the ground with an ant bed between his legs and pour honey on him. Oh yeh, I forgot, after ya cut his nuts out, fill his nut sack with salt and sew it up. That's just getting started at making him suffer.

He was justified in beating him to death but it's a good thing he said he didn't mean to kill him. That opens him up to "intent" issues. Much better if he can just say he flew into a rage and didn't realize what the outcome would be. Any potential juror will understand that. I don't think the guy has anything to worry about.