Panic buying seems in full effect. How long will the shelves be dry?

as long as you don't buy that remington shit from walmart you are ok.

I can shoot the remmy out of my 10/22 fine, but everything else it sucks in

and it's the ONLY ammo that has done it

cycles for crap, I can't even describe how bad it is.

oh I got a no powder load 4 times in 100 rounds. just makes you think, what if a double load was in there. I have 250 rounds left and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the risk.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll come out and say it:   FUCK CHEAPER THAN DIRT!!!!!!   I, too, remember the price gouging, especially on shipping. Remember when Yugo M67 first hit the market? Everywhere else was selling it

Yeah, I remember this...

I find "gunshow's" a waste fo time these days as they mostly cater to the AR "fanboys". I have zero interest in ANYTHING AR (or any junk related to it). Americans get all swept up in the "gotta have

Posted Images

Honestly, I was kind of expecting this as we roll into the end of 2012 anyway. The Dems are just making it happen sooner by flanning the flames of the Colorado tragedy.

The liberal media has been hunting like crazy for a story like Colorado. They're desperate they have a short time and they know it. We must keep the pressure up. We've got them by the cajones now. All we need to do is keep pushing forward for total and complete victory. Keep emailing, mailing and faxing your congressmen. Let them know where you stand. "Even if you think he is on your side, write him, if nothing more than to strengthen his hand." - Ronald Reagan

• Like 2

The liberal media has been hunting like crazy for a story like Colorado. They're desperate they have a short time and they know it. We must keep the pressure up. We've got them by the cajones now. All we need to do is keep pushing forward for total and complete victory. Keep emailing, mailing and faxing your congressmen. Let them know where you stand. "Even if you think he is on your side, write him, if nothing more than to strengthen his hand." - Ronald Reagan

Well said I regularly write and now one of my friends is a House Rep in GA, great 2nd amendment advocate and stand up guy Charles Gregory! :)

• Like 1

For ammo, I would say enough to get you through 4 years of fun shooting. After that, admins should change. For mags, I believe a poster here once said, if you are in a situation, even in post-SHTF, where you have already gone through 4 full mags...you probably shouldn't be in that situation to begin with. So I would say 5 mags per rifle, a few more spares to cover accidental damages if its the only rifle that takes those mags.

• Like 1

For ammo, I would say enough to get you through 4 years of fun shooting. After that, admins should change. For mags, I believe a poster here once said, if you are in a situation, even in post-SHTF, where you have already gone through 4 full mags...you probably shouldn't be in that situation to begin with. So I would say 5 mags per rifle, a few more spares to cover accidental damages if its the only rifle that takes those mags.

don't tell a man he owns to many mags! lol

• Like 1

What kills me is the fellow gun owners that jump at the chance to sell their guns for way more than they know they worth. And they know they are price gouging and dont care.

Saw a cai wasr advertised in a local paper for 900 bucks this week. I know I know, its their guns they have the right to sell them for what they want, but it just makes me cringe.

Its just shows ones true character when you know you are price gouging and really dont care.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 3

What kills me is the fellow gun owners that jump at the chance to sell their guns for way more than they know they worth. And they know they are price gouging and dont care.

At least the FFL thing keeps down the flippers. Im sick of missing out on deals and seeing the same thing on ebay the next day for a lot more.

I found 30 rd pmags for $11 a piece, that's less then my buddy gets and he's a dealer, I bought "some"

now I just need 20 rd 7.62 pmags and I'm all set guy has those for $15 a peice!

The 20 round metal ones are the ones to snag every chance you get, I need to get some but keep procrastinating. I've got 30's, and 2 ten rounders since we have to have ten rounds max when hunting here and I really don't see the point in a five round mag...

For mags, I've always followed the rule of 6 (at least). I've always followed this with pistols, and now rifles too. The theory is this:

2 mags get used for range/practice (alternate between the two) w/ 1 of those always IN the firearm.

2 mags get test fired and used ONLY as backups (for pistol, this means carried as additional).

2 mags get test fired and put away (only to be used as replacements for broken/damaged ones of the previous 4).

For ammo, I'm not a huge stockpiler. I put away enough to fully load 150% of the mags with good stuff (never to be touched unless emergency), then stock up cheap stuff for happy shooting and replenish that stock as it gets about 50% low.

• Like 2

I haven't bought anything gun related in the past few weeks. I sold some stuff on Arfcom, but not at panic prices. I'd rather go for a quick sell, than a huge profit. Put up my barely used UBR for $175/shipped and it sold in like 40 minutes for the full price. I see private sellers charging over $200 for the same stock, which I find funny, when you can get them new from dealers for about $201 shipped.

I'll come out and say it:

FUCK CHEAPER THAN DIRT!!!!!!

I, too, remember the price gouging, especially on shipping. Remember when Yugo M67 first hit the market? Everywhere else was selling it for $150-$200 per 1260 with ride. CTD was charging $499 PLUS THE DAMN RIDE!!!! Local joint bought a bunch from them, and ended up taking a massive bite of a shit sandwich when people started showing them they got hosed.

• Like 7

CTD is a paying sponsor on Arfcom, but people still shit in every thread they post in, and it's hilarious. They'll edit or delete negative comments in their own subforum, but in GD, they're fair game.

Fuck CTD, because fuck CTD. $70 for a PMag during the last election panic? That shit better come with a blow job + reacharound.

• Like 3

i found that dicks in my neck of the woods has lots of shit. but ammo selection is kinda limited, but what calibers they do have, is abundant.

Yeah, I guess I was really only looking for 5.56 today, of which there was a butt load. Didn't really look at what else was there.

i found that dicks in my neck of the woods has lots of shit. but ammo selection is kinda limited, but what calibers they do have, is abundant.

Yeah, I guess I was really only looking for 5.56 today, of which there was a butt load. Didn't really look at what else was there.

well the last few times ive been to mine, they alwasy seem to have an assload of 5.56, 308, and 338 win. mag. but nothing else in the same numbers as they have that. but thats cool too. at least they are trying to supply the most popular rounds. leaves more for me at my local shop! biggrin.png

Last week, while visiting Cabela's, they had TONS of .223/5.56. Not sure about other calibers, but there must have been cart loads of 223/5.56 (some at VERY reasonable price. PMC Bronze at around $6 a box, Winchester white box nato at $9, M855 at $10, etc etc). No shortage there! For .223 there is still plenty of ammo out there, it's just the "online" bulk steel that short. Wolf/Tula/SB etc is a bit hard to find at the moment, but brass rounds aren't.

FUCK CHEAPER THAN DIRT!!!!!!

I havent purchased anything from them in a long time. It seems like since they started bringing down prices on certain items over there, they just dumped the losses onto their shipping charges. I looked on there for an ammo can just checking prices and they wanted $5 more to ship an ammo can than the product was selling for. I know USPS had to have a cheaper price but wasnt even an option. Just seems kinda sketchy. So I bought a 40mm ammo can out of state for $20 less than CTDs 308's. 4x the size and less money, couldnt beat it

i try to buy winchester, federal and hornady in my rifle rounds. (even though hornady pisses me off at the moment), i do buy the russian ammo, but i wont pay out the ass for it. ill buy wolf and tula, but prefer to buy surplus if i can.

.223/5.56 is going to be everywhere for a while. i think they are anticipating an ammo crunch. which would make sense with the abundance of it at the moment. but buy what you can, you never know when the next ship will come in.....just cuz there is an assload now dont mean there will be in 2 months.....

• Like 1

I agree that CTD's shipping is ridiculous. I was going to order a rifle case from them and they wanted $16 shipping! For real?? I ordered it Amazon, instead, and got FREE shipping. CTD is CRAZY with their shipping prices. I wonder how many times they've had (almost) customers "add to cart", only to "delete" after seeing the absurd shipping charges!

Just went and picked up the daughter from work awhile ago, picked up another 100 rounds of Tulammo x39, they had plenty of everything except .38 special for some reason, but they just shuffled the arrangement of ammo around in their case to some idiotic setup that makes no sense to me so I might have just overlooked it.