think if we all made a MG they might change their mind??

http://www.ca9.uscou...09/11-30181.pdf

anyone know if the NRA or something was helping represent him? seems like they should no? i mean, he could have bought one for 15k, but maybe he didnt have that. now, i guess its your right to buy or sell what you want, at whatever prices. take diamonds for example. everyone cant afford em, but, there is no constitutional right to them either....

food for thought

and by all of us, i mean, if most gun owning americans willy nilly chose to pick and choose which laws we would obey, ala congress folks, they couldnt prosecute us all for playin with MG's....

Edited by filthygovemploye

I dont know much about law, but reading that docket I find this:

"

[4] In short, machine guns are highly “dangerous and

unusual weapons” that are not “typically possessed by lawabiding

citizens for lawful purposes.”

Heller, 554 U.S. at 625,

627. Thus, we hold that the Second Amendment does not

apply to machine guns. Moreover, because we conclude that

machine gun possession is not entitled to Second Amendment

protection, it is unnecessary to consider Henry’s argument

that the district court applied the incorrect level of constitutional

scrutiny in evaluating his claims."

Last I checked, law abiding citizens do own machine guns, they just have to jump through more hoops and BS than a lot of us can afford, but they do own them. So thats kinda a false statement. I'd appeal just based off that arguement, and I'd get Nugent as my lawyer

The clear meaning of the 2nd Amendment is to ensure that the militia (common Citizen) can arm themselves with the same weaponry as the common soldier. The 'militia' was meant to be the total body of able Citizens. The weapon of the common soldier was the Brown Bess musket. Before we ever had a standing army, militias commonly owned military muskets and even cannon, for the common defense. Even the Navy was superseded by privateers - armed ships that were privately owned.

• Like 1

http://www.ca9.uscou...09/11-30181.pdf

anyone know if the NRA or something was helping represent him? seems like they should no? i mean, he could have bought one for 15k, but maybe he didnt have that. now, i guess its your right to buy or sell what you want, at whatever prices. take diamonds for example. everyone cant afford em, but, there is no constitutional right to them either....

food for thought

and by all of us, i mean, if most gun owning americans willy nilly chose to pick and choose which laws we would obey, ala congress folks, they couldnt prosecute us all for playin with MG's....

What a surprise! They prosecuted the guy for constructing a machine gun. What did he expect? Good luck getting the NRA to take up this case. I have little sympathy for him.

As for gun owners all converting their guns to full auto, you go first and we'll see how that works out for you. smile.png

My recreational "blow a bunch of ammo frivolously" side wants the fun switch, but my practical side tells me the lack of one isn't going to affect the outcome of my survival if shit goes bad.

A semiauto Saiga 12 with buckshot has more firepower than most subguns. Nine 00 pellets multiplied by 20 rounds equates to 180 rounds out of a subgun.

• Like 1

A semiauto Saiga 12 with buckshot has more firepower than most subguns. Nine 00 pellets multiplied by 20 rounds equates to 180 rounds out of a subgun.

Dont say that too loud, the gov might hear ya and add shotguns to the ranks of AKs and ARs with their "hi-cap" mags

No matter how onerous the law - or even unconstitutional it may be - DO NOT BREAK THAT LAW! They may not have the moral authority, or the Constitutional authority to put you in jail - BUT- they have the ABILITY to do so!

Was this guy trying to challenge federal law under the Alaska Firearms Freedom Act? (http://firearmsfreedomact.com/state-by-state/)

If so, it would be nice if the state of Alaska would help defend him seeing as how they passed a bill which theorhetically makes this legal under state law.

Yeah, yeah, I know the FFA was just political posturing and it would never happen but I'd still love to see a state defend its citizens against the fed.

• Like 2

FA is FUN AS HELL, but the pocket gets empty pretty damn quick. I used to have fun at the fun store with the toys, but when the wife started seeing my CC bills for ammo, she put the stops to that, faster than the guns run. All FA is good for is shits, giggles, trying to write your name in the bank and suppressive fire.

My recreational "blow a bunch of ammo frivolously" side wants the fun switch, but my practical side tells me the lack of one isn't going to affect the outcome of my survival if shit goes bad.

I'd like to have a FA, but probably couldn't afford to feed one.

how aboot a 22lr MG?

my point is thatthis guy obviously wasnt robbing banks or knocking over 7-11s. so no harm, no foul.

and as far as suggesting construction, its a mental exercise as to how we could get rid of cumbersome laws...

not trying to rock the boat, but if ya are in, you are in. if ya wanna ban stuff like bloomberg, perhaps ya are on the wrong forum?

we all know that no-ones ever committed a crime with a legal class 3 weapon (save teh cop/mac10/informant incident) so, whats fearsome or scary aboot a crime that NEVER happens?

not too keen on your hypertext link OP.

great way to spook the shit out of people. duh!

full autos should be legal as should hand grenades but they aren't right now. hollyweird has fucked our chances of getting autos on the shelves again.

That's what this little pistol was for....

fp-45-liberator.jpg

I'd feel liberated if an allied country dropped a bunch of cheap pistols on us and said have at her..... :)