As far as the ammo goes, take a look at who falls under the DHS umbrella. If they are purchasing ammo for all those agencies to share...Secret Service, FBI, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, they all have to shoot regularly to stay frosty.

700 pounds of AN isn't that much if they are making training aids for all those agencies that fall under DHS.

I'd just as soon that the guys in those jobs know how to shoot, and have practiced. It seems like in my town, there is a stand-off thing about once every 3 weeks. If shooting happens, I want a minimum of stray shots, and the first shot to take out anyone who would threaten the safety of his neighbors, or a hostage. Ditto for Coast guard. There are lots of ways to get a stressful situation/ communication-mixup with the coast guard, and I don't want a warning shot to go too close to anyone I know.

I just posted for those interested, I assumed they have some law enforcement service that it was for. Just so happened the article I found was from inforwars. I could have posted the link to the govt. solicitation or whatever but it was nothing but Pdf files so this was easier to read.

I dont drink the nut job cool-aid but you cant deny the govt has been ordering a metric SHIT TON of DEFENSIVE ammo, NOT trainling ammo. All these agencies operate within our borders. Now what the hell could they possibly need all that duty ammo for IN THE STATES???

They can afford to train with what they carry, because it is on our dime. We all would if we could. They can.

I dont drink the nut job cool-aid but you cant deny the govt has been ordering a metric SHIT TON of DEFENSIVE ammo, NOT trainling ammo. All these agencies operate within our borders. Now what the hell could they possibly need all that duty ammo for IN THE STATES???

has it ever occurred to anyone that instead of buying 2 kinds of ammo, they bought one kind used for training and defensive ammo? I bought 250 "value pack" of hollow point .45 ammo for 90 bucks at WAL-MART just last week, that's 36 cents a round, which is cheaper then what I have seen FMJ goes for. so I can shoot it and use the same round for home defense.

if they bought hollow point ammo for what it would have cost them for FMJ, or a cent ot 2 more, then why on earth would they need to buy 2 different types when 1 kind can be used for 2 different purposes. inventory wise, it makes more sense as well as what you shoot in practice is what you will use if the situations demands.

but I know, because the nujob wrote:

"Hollow point bullets are designed to expand as they enter the body, causing maximum damage by tearing apart internal organs.

•  

It’s not outlandish to suggest that the Social Security Administration is purchasing the bullets as part of preparations for civil unrest."

all you guys go into 'PHTB" * mode

*Paranoid Hit The Brain

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

SSA just ordered 174,000 rounds of hollow points!!.

http://www.infowars....-point-bullets/

oh brother here we go again, you apparent don't know that the SSA also has a law enforcement arm. 174,000 rounds breaks down to like 4,300 rounds to each of those 41 locations. which is a pittance amount.

like I said in a earlier post, that seems to fall on deaf ears, sort a speak, is that these agencies are on a buying spree before the FY ends on 31 sept. there is nothing sinister what these nujob sites are implying and that some of you are swallowing hook, line and sinker NOW, what would be real news, is there was no buying activity this close to the end of FY2012. .

some of you guys really need to lay off the nutjob kool-aid - alex jones and others are pouring into your heads, and think for yourselves

we do think for ourselves. perhaps you should take some of your own advice and stop putting blame on the alternative media. nobody is forcing anyone to think a certain way. IMO the feds built this huge mis trust with the people themselves. and some people need to pull their heads outta the sand and accept reality for what it is, and what is really going on with the issues facing our nation, and stop living in a fairy tale. this is all bein done openly. dont believe it, look it up for yourselves. but that does require thinking more open minded.

point being, im the nutjob for looking at this in a different light, but the feds are the ones prepping for shit on a massive scale, and openly doing so? didnt know i was crazy for not believing the cover story to so much recent shit. what was the ATF's excuse for fast n furious again?

https://www.fbo.gov/...f82beee2fc6629d

oops. somebody blacked out details of part of the purchase on accident.

ETA: the thing that pisses me off the most about shit like this is that its ok for them to stockpile, but look down on us and make a fuss when WE decide to do the same.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 1

for what its worth matthew hopkins, we obviously feel differently on certain issues, and thats ok. but i wasnt directing my last post entirley at you. and i wasnt trying to argue, but to just simply share opinions of the subject matter. cool.png

One of our current favorite alphabet agencies is at it again. DHS put in another rediculious order for......

750 million more rounds of ammo.

wonder what they're gearing up for?

more info and speculation is found here:

http://theintelhub.c...rounds-of-ammo/

http://www.infowars....rounds-of-ammo/

why the fuck do they need so much ammo? training? who are they training and why? thats an awful lot of fuckin rounds.

My question is why is the National weather service and Social Security Admin buying large quanties of ammo?
  • Like 1

SSA just ordered 174,000 rounds of hollow points!!.

http://www.infowars....-point-bullets/

oh brother here we go again, you apparent don't know that the SSA also has a law enforcement arm. 174,000 rounds breaks down to like 4,300 rounds to each of those 41 locations. which is a pittance amount.

like I said in a earlier post, that seems to fall on deaf ears, sort a speak, is that these agencies are on a buying spree before the FY ends on 31 sept. there is nothing sinister what these nujob sites are implying and that some of you are swallowing hook, line and sinker NOW, what would be real news, is there was no buying activity this close to the end of FY2012. .

some of you guys really need to lay off the nutjob kool-aid - alex jones and others are pouring into your heads, and think for yourselves

^^^ This. Federal budgets are "use it or loose it". Any money NOT spent at the end of the budget cycle is lost, AND may cause their next year's budget to be reduced,. (And you guys wonder WHY we are going broke)!

im aware of how fed budgets operate. and i do agree that PART of the reason we are broke is due to wreckless spending by big brother, but the list of faults as to why we are a broke nation could be seemingly endless. but over 1 billion rounds in less than 6 months time is a red flag with recent events being what they are. i do hope nothing becomes of it, but the people in power at the moment running these agencies, are the same ones shitting on us and trying to drive everyone against eachother for their own private interest.

and these are the same people that have plundered many nations and divided many countries for their own greed. and now, more than ever, they are getting much more bold in flaunting their interests publicly.

bottom line is i dont trust them. and ill be damned if im going to trust them when they order a billion rounds and then turn around and profile me that im a potential terrorist cuz i pay with cash, love guns, freedom and support the Constitution.

• Like 3

Budgeting is some weird stuff. i run my household well, and i know where and how to allocate almost every penny. but you get into business, and it just gets.... screwy.

i worked for a very large department store chain in maintenance years back. one day the foreman walks in with a serious look on his face and says " guys, we just had a budget review ( or some PR bullshit term) we have to spent $600,000. in the next 3 months. any suggestions?

boggles the mind

• Like 1

i worked for a very large department store chain in maintenance years back. one day the foreman walks in with a serious look on his face and says " guys, we just had a budget review ( or some PR bullshit term) we have to spent $600,000. in the next 3 months. any suggestions?

I'm guessing handing some of it over to each employee wasnt an option? anger.gif

• Like 1

sadly, noshame.gif i couldn't even get a decent drill out of the deal. most of it ended up getting grabbed by another department. i was able to get some important parts that were in critical need of repair. then i got yelled at for it. no good deeed goes unpunished.

It isn't paranoia to point out the blatant hypocrisy of government telling me:

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO!

We, the all seeing and knowing domestic "security" portion of the government, will buy over a billion rounds of defense ammo this year, but you, the citizen, should be on a federal watch list if you buy two 500 round boxes of .22 plinking ammo through the mail.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 3

750 million rounds is an unbelievable amount of ammunition. Seriously guys, from what I can find we expended about 72 million rounds in the last year of the Iraq war and this is almost ten times that amount.

Thats not just an assload of ammo its a mega-shit-ton!

Also interesting to note the purchase of hollow points which are banned from use in international warefare and also somewhat expensive to be used as cost-efficient training ammunition.

• Like 1

The only thing I can guess is that they are behind on their budget and need to spend a bunch of money or they are intending to go hunting for humans domestically. Either that or the rumors of zombies is true..