UGLY AKM picture thread

Firearm forums all over the 'net have picture galleries for members to show off their toys. In the case of Saiga's, members have an opportunity to show off their handywork. But I think it would be cool to have a place to post your UGLY AKM's. Let's face it, we all have different taste in weapons. Some love ___-type and some hate them...

I'll start it off. I own what most would consider one of the ugliest AKM's ever built....the AMD-65. I thought so too, until I owned one. So what have you? The only rule is: You have to own it or at least previously owned it!

GOT UGLY??

post-17248-0-70277300-1347893799_thumb.jpg

Ugly AK"s???? Really??? No such thing!! Odd, deformed, demented, took only half the abortion pill....... OK.

AMD might be on the odd format... But it was specific by design, and YES I do one so no need for that pic.

But;

mutt1.jpg

Parts bin AK.

Boredom and a crate full of spare parts gave birth to multi-national AK

pinky2.jpg

Yeah it's pink.... No it's not a Saiga.

I built it off a flat and Rommy kit. Everyone puts AK handguards on thier Saiga's.... I put Saiga handguards on an AK. smile.png

stand1.jpg

MAK-90 with some custom wood working on a Rommy stock and pump shotgun forearm

post-10574-0-36244400-1347924916_thumb.jpg

Don't forget these wonderful post ban beauties... SA85m

Mine's still sitting unfired in the safe.

Are they UGLY????? No, just different.

• Like 3

akastormi, this was supposed to be for ugly, not good looking rifles! All but the pink one are clean and nice. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on the parts bin AK all in all?

Honestly, not that much.... I'd have to place a build price tag on it for Under $200. I had all the parts.

Rommy front end. - incomplete

Krebs GB/FS - free from some where

Fake can, it was a alum tie rod from an IMCA car - made to fit

Bulgy upper, Polish lower, Rommy PG - extra parts

Russian Tula mag - gotta collect mags with the rifles

Rear adj. MOJO peep sight - i don't know

Leftside Polish selector lever.

The stock i made myself from tubing. Cut, weld and grind.

The butt plate is from a WASR wood drag stock.

Put together on a Flat with a G2

• 2 weeks later...

don't forget the I.O. STG 2000c

post-10574-0-71888100-1348409711.jpg

I kinda like the looks

I had to add heat shelds to the handguards

No way man.. The original Wieger STG-940 is pretty damn awesome. The clones are OK so long as they are not made by IO - the non-dimpled Wieger clones are actually Romanian-made.

ogLdB.jpg

hD6cQ.jpg

1hGnG.jpg

psaZ0.jpg

Too bad East Germany destroyed every single one of them as a condition of reunification. Just think of all the parts kits... East German AK manufacturing was some of the highest quality known, in many cases better than Romanian/Bulgarian/Yugoslavian. East Germany did not simply just give up on precision and quality machining when they lost the war.. It's in their blood.

If you can't tell, I really like the Wieger. I still would buy one of the .223 Romanian clones in a heartbeat if I ever ran into one.

Edited by mancat
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Not an AKM but pretty ugly

attachicon.gifpost-44524-0-24909400-1360968291_thumb.jpg

Its a Khyber Pass of sorts. not supposed to be pretty, which if you skuff it up in the right way it looks great! give it that battle field pick up look like it was made in a paki cave smith shop. :

Like this douche bag used.

1.jpg

or these guys

4-1.jpg

84T3-1EM.jpg

KhyberShovelStock.jpg

the more caca, the better......sometimes:

RtSide.jpg

It started out as a regular Saiga MK/AK-104 with black polymer furniture.....to which i have added the handguards,pistol grip and receiver cover all of which were brought back from Kosovo by a friend when he was posted there.ive added a bit of 'wear' with a scotchbrite and topped it off with a worn and graffitti'ed bfpu aluminium mag and a worn sling.