ATTN Atlantic firearms

Pics of these guns were posted on the Verp fan page and quickly taken down when people saw the stocks that shipped were very nice and matched the patten on the pistol grip. I know you told us these stocks that shipped would be junk, this is not the case at all. Everyone that saw the pics would much prefer the stock it comes with to a cheap none matching poly stock.

Please give us some input here, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal polici

the stocks are clearly take-off akm stocks modified to fit rpk receivers. They will no longer fit standard ak receivers. They have no collectable value as they are not military or factory original,

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02 If these bitches were directed at me,

Posted Images

I think it will devalue the gun putting a non matching poly stock on it?

Did you order one from them with the idea that they were going to change out the butt stocks?

Yes because we were told the factory stock was going to beat a piece of junk.

I heard that to, and ordered it on anyway . if it was all dinged up i was planning on having it professionally restored.

I think it will devalue the gun putting a non matching poly stock on it?

Did you order one from them with the idea that they were going to change out the butt stocks?

Yes because we were told the factory stock was going to beat a piece of junk.

ETA: I think Atlantic does not have the correct info. Otherwise they would let us choose which stock.

Misleading info is bad business. Hopefully Atlantic will make us happy.

Yg

Edited by YoungGun

Atlantic was not being misleading. This is the same information other sellers had. They had no way of knowing for sure how the stocks were going to come in. I do not beleive Atlantic has done anything wrong here. But I still want the wood stock...lol

Trying to edit my post on the IPAD is a little challenging. I agree that Atlantic does not know the actual condition of the imported stocks. I hope Atlantic will allow us with the original stock option.

Yg

Atlantic was not being misleading. This is the same information other sellers had. They had no way of knowing for sure how the stocks were going to come in. I do not beleive Atlantic has done anything wrong here. But I still want the wood stock...lol

Trying to edit my post on the IPAD is a little challenging. I agree that Atlantic does not know the actual condition of the imported stocks. I hope Atlantic will allow us with the original stock option.

Yg

It is probably too late for that to be a realistic option. After all I'm sure they already have had the polymer stocks paid for and delivered to whomever is installing them. I doubt they want to eat the cost possibly a couple of hundred stocks. I think our only option here is to try and find a way to purchase the original stocks from whomever is installing them.

I'm not saying I think we were mislead just that it would be nice to have the option of keeping what looks to be a nice stock and potentially devaluing the gun.

As for me I prefer an adjustable stock (like the AR15 stock). I don't care about devaluing the gun. I will mod it according to my needs and use it accordingly.

Yg

Just emaild them and they said no on the stocks that came with them.

I originally asked for the poly stock based on the report that the wood stocks were referred to as throw away's by Atlantic Firearms and that they may be in bad condition.

I have since asked them to change my order to which they said they "could not "

Well... I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of the situation and I am not at this point accusing Atlantic of anything.

I will however say this.

If these shotguns are being delivered to Atlantic with wood stocks and they can't simply leave the stock on the gun for me then I damned well better not see these same stocks come up for sale on their web site or anywhere else for that matter.

Edited by defequisimo
  • Like 4

I originally asked for the poly stock based on the report that the wood stocks were referred to as through away's by Atlantic Firearms and that they may be in bad condition.

I have since asked asked them to change my order to which they said they "could not "

Well... I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of the situation and I am not at this point accusing Atlantic of anything.

I will however say this.

If these shotguns are being delivered to Atlantic with wood stocks and they can't simply leave the stock on the gun for me then I damned well better not see these same stocks come up for sale on their web site or anywhere else for that matter.

While I agree the stock are in better condition as previously alluded to. I think the deal was already struck and the stocks were/are allocated to do something that they are bound to. They more than likely did not know true condition as no one would till it was delivered. They went on information as best as they could.

But in the same breath.... I agree I would not want to see them showing up for sale.... at least give us an option to buy them back first.

• Like 2

Hell if I have to, I'll buy a wood stock to put on the fucker. It does look tits. Or maybe try to find some plum clothes for it.

ETA: Im just glad we're getting them in the US with a somewhat factory setup.

Edited by Captain Hero

I originally asked for the poly stock based on the report that the wood stocks were referred to as through away's by Atlantic Firearms and that they may be in bad condition.

I have since asked asked them to change my order to which they said they "could not "

I will however say this.

While I agree the stock are in better condition as previously alluded to. I think the deal was already struck and the stocks were/are allocated to do something that they are bound to. They more than likely did not know true condition as no one would till it was delivered. They went on information as best as they could.

But in the same breath.... I agree I would not want to see them showing up for sale.... at least give us an option to buy them back first.

Then yes that would explain their situation and I agree they should at least let us compensate them for the poly stocks and send us both.

Edited by defequisimo

This is what Atlantic posted:

On the laminate stock option the stock would be mixed colors and mixed conditions meaning you could get a real beat up pinkish red wood stock on a all black gun with black plastic hanguard. The stock were originally designed to be cheap throwaways thinking that once in the US the importer would install a US folder stock etc. We thought it would be better to at least have a matching black buttstock on the top of the line gun rather than a beat up mixed mathched wood stock. Please keep in mind this is our opinion and some people may like the oddball wood stock.

Sounds like you can keep the wood option. I'd rather have wood in any condition than plastic. I can refinish wood, but plastic is kinda meh forever. RPK stocks are not cheap, either, and there aren't so many sources.

So how is atlantic going to lose money if we choose the wood? I ordered with the idea that i could choose whatever stock i wanted, and i choose wood.

I wasn't aware Atlantic ever offered a choice.

Please keep in mind this is our opinion and some people may like the oddball wood stock.

they never said you didnt have a choice either. wink.png

So how is atlantic going to lose money if we choose the wood? I ordered with the idea that i could choose whatever stock i wanted, and i choose wood.

Then you did well. I ordered with poly and now they wont allow me to change my mind apparently because they have already paid for the poly stocks. They did not say why I could not change so just a guess at this point