Today my wife and kids joined several other Home School families for a Nature Hike at Muddy Creek Wetlands/Nature Preserve.

http://www.portersvillerevivalgroup.org/muddycreek.htm

http://www.examiner.com/review/along-the-banks-of-muddy-creek

They were on a section of trail on the ground, when the group surprised a decent sized drove of feral pigs, big sows with piglets and some larger juveniles.

How a noisy group of kids and adults surprises a passel of pigs is beyond me.

Apparently one of the sows got agitated at all the people so close to'er piglets and moved to protect them.

One Mom started screaming, kids started running back down the trail and a bit of semi-panicked confusion ensued.

My wife, ever the Momma Bear, pulled her Rossi .357mag /.38spc and put herself between kids and pigs.

Momma hog backed down, and all the piggies disappeared back into the swamp.

The hike continued with much excited chatter from kids and Moms alike.

Some of these ladies already knew my wife CCs, some didn't.

One who didn't, was apparently a big anti-2A Libtard, and was the one screaming.

But not any more, she told my wife that she was thankful she had a gun, and now realizes that they are legitimate personal protection.

Wife says the other woman kept staring at her fanny pack throughout the rest of the hike.

My wife has helped change the thinking of at least three families when it comes to firearms, chalk up another.

Two families have become gun owners, one even went through a thorough training course as a family.

When she goes out with the girls, many have expressed a feeling of increased safety knowing she is carrying.

My first question was, "So wheres the pig being processed?" I'd shot that bitch and had hams, chops, roasts and bacon.

Momma Bear got extra hugs-n-kisses today. red_heart.gif

• Like 20

He must have a walk-in freezer bad_smile.gif

They are a serious problem, conservation officers down here don't care how you kill'em, just as long as you kill'em.

Unless its deer season, like now scorn.gif Now they have their panties in a wad over the littlest things.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Very nice! She did what had to be done in what the other adults seemed were blindly against....carry and use a firearm for defensive (and protecting) purpose. Job well done and my vote for Mother of the Year!!! Surprised it didn't make the papers where you are. I wounder where the police/deep were to protect them, just as the antis always say will be there lol.

Edited by Whiskey

Very nice! She did what had to be done in what the other adults seemed were blindly against....carry and use a firearm for defensive (and protecting) purpose. Job well done and my vote for Mother of the Year!!! Surprised it didn't make the papers where you are. I wounder where the police/deep were to protect them, just as the antis always say will be there lol.

Not all, just the one really.

Most Home Schoolers are conservatives, the majority there were just that, but like most people, simply don't exercise the RBA for whatever reasons.

My wife was the only one packing on that outing, if her GF, Sandra, was along she would have been carrying too.

Make the papers?

Psshaw, only if someone had actually been attacked & injured by a piggy, and the Newsies had overheard the call for EMT/Rescue, or if someone actually bothered to call them.

But then we all know they wouldn't report the lawful use of a firearm for self defense.

Excellent story! Brought a smile to my face. Your wife was quick to react and glad no one was hurt.

Makes me smile too, I'm a blessed man to have her.

Actually she said that she hesitated big time, she and our kids were towards the rear of the group, and it was chaotic.

The Lib'bitch screaming about pigs and at the kids, kids yelling at the pigs, each other and their Moms, kids running towards her and whatnot.

She didn't draw till she actually saw the sow, and she moved up in front of the group.

I'm pretty sure the pigs were just as confused and panicked, and just wanted to get the fuck outta there.

And Momma Pig just did the same thing my wife did, pretty funny really, two Moms protecting their brood.

Sounds like Mrs. Relleno taught that sow an important lesson: concealed carry renders potentially vulnerable victims formidable foes.

She also scared off a wild pig.

LMAO!

Very cool. You've got a nifty spouse.

She is definitely a Keeper.

Nicely done. We never hike with out packing heat.

Ditto
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to wonder, if a 9mm or .45 HP would be much use against a feral pig...?

Hopefully we never have to test that!

Due to WMA regulations, the 22 Magnum RF is popular in GA for wild pigs. Head shot 1/2 between the ear and eye reportedly works fine. With the right hit the 9mm or 45 ACP should be fine. I wouldnt use ball just HP ammo.

Thanks for sharing this with us Chile! How much does your wife shoot the Rossi .357 and how does she like it? I always scoffed at them until I got to shoot a friend's model 877 and was pleasanly surprised with how accurate it was... too bad he refuses to sell it!

That's also a nice looking hiking trail, I was getting all my exercise on a paved track until I discovered a nice walking trail in my area. Hopefully the hike made a good example for the kids as well, it's never too early to get them thinking!

Bullseyeboy-

• Like 1

Does Mrs. Chile have a sister..? smile.png

As a matter of fact, she has two older sisters... I kind'a robbed the cradle and got the youngest of the three.

Sister #1, the Elder Sister.

Angela, late 30s, divorced, no kids, no serious interests.

Professional, earning 100K+ a year, highly intelligent, great attitude and fun to hang with.

Full figured woman, not grossly obese, but good for a man that likes some meat on his woman's bones.

Sister #2, the Middle Sister.

Bonny, mid 30s, married with a herd of seven brats.

Professional at sucking on the government tit, liberal, bad attitude, bitchy cunt.

Takes advantage of family generosity... Especially of Angela's, who basically bought her a house on the promise that Bonny pay rent/utilities.

Bonny doesn't pay shit, except when she feels like it. Angela won't evict her cause of the kids.

Grossly obese sow of a woman.

Then there is Momma Bear. red_heart.gif

Thanks for sharing this with us Chile! How much does your wife shoot the Rossi .357 and how does she like it? I always scoffed at them until I got to shoot a friend's model 877 and was pleasanly surprised with how accurate it was... too bad he refuses to sell it!

We, that being my wife, 6yr'ol son and I, spent four hours at the range today. We try to have a range day at least once a month.

She told me what she wanted, i dutifully purchased it for her, she likes her wheel guns.

Baby girl an oldest boy stayed home with NaNa.

I have to wonder, if a 9mm or .45 HP would be much use against a feral pig...?

Hopefully we never have to test that!

Due to WMA regulations, the 22 Magnum RF is popular in GA for wild pigs. Head shot 1/2 between the ear and eye reportedly works fine. With the right hit the 9mm or 45 ACP should be fine. I wouldnt use ball just HP ammo.

First hand experience, 9mm JHP does work on a charging momma hog, .40 JHP works on a pissed off Black Bear stuck with an arrow. Chille, tell the missus good job!

ETA: We have USDA folks working out here on the bombing and gunnery ranges of the Eglin AFB Test Range Complex which deal with animal populations that the normal hunting season cannot control, mainly feral hogs. They set up traps (big ones that catch multiple hogs at once). Once trapped, .22lr pistol dispatchs the animals. Another USDA guy I know shoots them from the air as they use a helicopter here to start prescribed burns. He rides along, sits in the door, and takes them out. I am planning a helicopter hog hunt in Texas as it looks like a blast, literally.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1

Heh... I told her and showed her, f0ckers.gif Momma Bear protecting her cubs is sexy!

I've no doubt that 38.spc+P with stop Ms. Piggy if it hits vitals, and Momma knows to unload in a scenario like that... Don't stop shooting till it stops moving.

Great news is that I've a real hog hunt lined up for this coming Saturday.

Two friends from church and I are going up the Mobile/Tensaw River Delta and hunting from the boat.

Going to be using my Saiga 7.62x39 with 123gr HP.

Lets see if Pappa Bear can bring home the bacon.