Wal-mart never again! its what I get for going in the first place

No sympathy here. haha.gif

I have done the exact same thing at Wally World, 20 gauge bulk in the 12g section, and I was in a hurry.

I managed to get it returned only because I noticed it as the clerk bagged it after the sale was completed.

The clerk even said, "oh shit", and called a manager, the manager balked at returning it.

I said, "Look, they're the same price, turn your head while I 'Exchange' the ammo."

The manager grinned and turned around.

I know of quite a few places that have NO RETURNS ON AMMO', and yep, Wally World is one of them.

Always double check the packaging, and sometimes, I even open the box and check the ammo.

My FiL has a box of some .32NAA he accidentally bought, he has tried to get rid of them at every Gun Show and nobody will buy, sell, trade or even take them.

Live and learn.

Walk around a Walmart with 800 rounds of 12 ga in you cart at 2am, even the wee hour freaks give you a wide berth.haha.gif

LOL... Try pulling two shopping carts around, one stacked sky high with toilet paper and paper towels and the other full to the top with First Aid supplies... Talk about strange looks and whispering.
  • Like 4

Shit, I love Walmart...but then I have no problem having the nearest employee get on the horn and page whoever is supposed to be working the sporting goods section. Once they get there I point at the stuff I want and tell them how many, but then again I also check to make sure it's what I want before telling them it is. But then that goes pretty much anywhere, there's NOWHERE around here that will accept a return on ammo once it goes out their door, and it's pretty ludicrous to think they should. Maybe you have a bunch of shotgun shells that you reloaded with C-4 or some shit in your car and you switch them and expect them to put them back on the shelves and sell them to Leroy when he comes in to buy ammo to hunt ducks with and blows up hisself and his boat and 47 other hunters...if I screw it up I suck it up and deal with it, I'm too old to expect someone to babysit me 24-7...

• Like 1

Everytime I buy ammo at Academy, withot fail they inform the customer ammo is not returnable.

You must shop at the one at 290 and 1960... they ALWAYS metion it.

"Are you certain this is the correct ammunition, we cannot accept retruns"

Also 1960- Willowbrook Mall Academy, same deal.

I 'HEART' Wal-Mart! They let me return some used condoms I bought before going on a drunken coke boosted orgy with some ugly (but cheap) hookers. I just told them I was too well endowed and couldn't get them on properly. OK, I lied. So what?

Uh, I would recommend you guys don't buy any condoms there if they look to be tampered with.

You're welcome.

Tim

• Like 1

I made the same mistake too, but I knew the policy before hand and knew it was my fault. I gave it to a friend with 20 and told him to take a few girls we know shooting.

I think they can be stupid sometimes, but if I were in wal-mart's shoes I wouldn't take ammo returns either if they got out the door. You just have no way of knowing what some idiot customer might do to ammo. I know this isn't you, but follow me here- If some guy has ammo at his house for a week and brings it back with the box all scuffed up, how can wall mart be sure it is safe to sell to another customer.

Wal-mart is famous for having stupid customers after all. Maybe Squishy might accidentally return a box of hot-rodded "bird slugs" ... If he does a good job on the crimp they might look the same.

I actually got a great deal on my first gun because walmart had an anti gun manager. They had a sale on 10/22s that was about $50 under the going rate of the day. I wanted SS and they only have one. We bought the rifle and a scope and all that stuff, and when we were ready to go, they couldn't find the box with the useless safety lock and stuff. So the manager was called in and she was afraid of guns and just wanted the deal to be over. (For good or for ill, my dad can wear anyone down.) So I took a $50 gun case, and the scope mounting hardware and dovetail adapter for free in exchange for the cardboard box warning paperwork and lock they couldn't find. It was a good day.

support you local businesses.

ya know....??? the indian that has cheap smokes up the street, the nigerian with gas for .02C more, those people. you are gonna miss them when they leave....what are you doing???

support local businesses.

God Bless Walmart!!!! ... for providing reasonably priced goods.

American goods can't compete in our current world market, because our standard of living here, is so high. The average "poor" American family has an Xbox.

Take it, for what it's worth.

Can you imagine the cost of goods if you had to order from your "local" store for EVERYTHING?

I buy what I need, where I can afford it.

+1 for American, when I can find it.....

Edited by Sim_Player

Heck, I'm sure we've all bought something without realizing it wasn't the thing we thought it was, so there's no shame in that. I also think most of us may be guilty of the sin of talking out of our depth, which seems like the reason for the varying rationales for not taking the ammo back (Hanlon's Razor, etc.)

So, I'm not seeing a bad guy in this story.

• Like 1

I bought some bacon SPAM there today... but I meant to!

Browsed the sporting goods section today for the first time in a few weeks and saw that they carry frickin buttstocks and pistol grips for AR's now! Ammo section was FULL to the brim...well, minus the five boxes of x39 that came home with me that is.

Hard to say no to wally when ammo is cheaper than the net. It is funny the look you get when they ask how many and you say all the 7.62x39. The old guy looked over his shoulder at me like I stuck my finger up his ass or something. It was only like 15 boxes. plus 2 bulk boxes of federal .22 and 2 boxes of 100rd bulk 12ga. Shit goes fast I told him.

Hard to say no to wally when ammo is cheaper than the net. It is funny the look you get when they ask how many and you say all the 7.62x39. The old guy looked over his shoulder at me like I stuck my finger up his ass or something. It was only like 15 boxes. plus 2 bulk boxes of federal .22 and 2 boxes of 100rd bulk 12ga. Shit goes fast I told him.

We have a limit here in walmart of 6 per customer. Oddly you can buy 6 bulk packs, 6 450 round ammo cans, or just about 6 of anything. Think its more to limit the amount purchased at a time, rather than quantity, though.

My FiL has a box of some .32NAA he accidentally bought, he has tried to get rid of them at every Gun Show and nobody will buy, sell, trade or even take them.

Just for Giggle,How much he want for it and where is the located?Noticed your in Bama too so many ya'll are close enough to Gadsden.I am always interested in cheap odd ball ammo.Gives me a reason to find a gun to shoot it.....Why I have been looking for a 22RemJet revolver for a few years....

We have a limit here in walmart of 6 per customer. Oddly you can buy 6 bulk packs, 6 450 round ammo cans, or just about 6 of anything. Think its more to limit the amount purchased at a time, rather than quantity, though.

That's something I actually respect about the company. When 9mm and .22lr were scarce in 2008 and stores were selling bricks for as much as $40, they got everything in stock and sold them at the normal prices of ~$12 each when they came in. Usually thursdays. They would let you pick 2 packages, and didn't hold them under the counter for their brother in law. you pretty much had to be there when the truck dropped them off though. The company could have jacked the prices, but instead they chose to keep them fair yet profitable, and to keep as many shooters as possible shooting.

Last I checked the guys working there were from America. I guess they don't count as much as the americans working at the shops that gouged me do though. Walmart does both good and bad things. I try to take a broad view. I've seen a lot of mom & pop stores that had horrible selection, service and prices. That doesn't earn my loyalty. If you are a small business competing with a big business. be somewhere near the big boys in price and give me at least two from the list and I will be a loyal customer.

One good thing walmart does is employ a few people I know that aren't bad people but really aren't competent enough to get and keep a job almost anywhere else. It isn't a great job, but it sure beats none.

• Like 2

A friend and I went their 08 or 09 and grabbed a few different boxes of extra plinking ammo. He asked me if it was a Massachusetts thing why they don't allow bulk sales of ammo. I told him you could get 6x 100 pack shotgun cases or 6x 22lr bulk packs at 500 rounds each, and that it wasn't because everyone in MA is afraid of guns, it was the crunch for ammo everywhere. There was a point when you couldn't even find stuff on the shelves for weeks at a time because the same guy was just coming in and buying up everything until the stores started limiting per customer orders

Never gave me crap about a limit. They have about 2000rds in the case of 7.62 I think. I may go and snag some soon. They never have that much. $4.98+tax and I doe'nt have to worry about it on my door step untill I get home from work. Not bad. Edited by rnemhrd

Never gave me crap about a limit. They have about 2000rds in the case of 7.62 I think. I may go and snag some soon. They never have that much. $4.98+tax and I doe'nt have to worry about it on my door step untill I get home from work. Not bad.

We can't order online here, so Wally is one of the few options for cheap ammo. Which is why when people start buying like crazy, it runs out fast