Bought a new ak47 and the dealer wont give it up

So long story short. Bought another ak47 from K-Var and had it shipped to my local FFL. I live in cook county wich has a band on assualt weapons but even the state police said they would not inforce it in the press. So my FFL knows what im sending them they do all the paper work and charge me for the transfer last week. It comes in yesterday so i go there today to get it. First thing they say is that they dont have it. So i told them i had a tracking number and someone here signed for it at 1600 hours and if they dont have it I need to go make a police report on a stolen firearm then there story changes. Next the tell me i cant own the rifle in cook county. I said ive bought multiple "assault weapons" AR's, AK's, and a galil, from other dealers in cook county and never had a problem. Then he tells me if you break the law or it get stolen it will come back to me. I told him if you sell me a car and i get drunk and kill some one would the car dealer be responsible or even ford for making it ,no. Then i told him fine send it back to K_var and ill have them ship it else where and you lost a customer. He tells me he does not have to do anything with it and it can sit in his storage for as long a he wants. This gun is fully paid for and the backround check came back good and FFL transfer is paid for. What the hell do I do now?

Edited by chicagosfinest
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd call the police directly into the store and let them sort it out, he cannot simply hold your property indefinitely. He sure as hell took your money to perform the Transfer.

I say call the local ATF and see what they say, I'm sure he won't enjoy the extra attention from them.

This isn't complicated. If he can't (or won't) lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, send it back to K-Var, and log it out of his bound book. That is SOP industry wide.   Anythin

Yeah, Id call every police authority you can on him. Hell call the local paper too. Fuck that douchebag. He deserves everything he gets. Id try to treat it as theft of a firearm if you can. Press charges if you can. Id show up tomorrow with either cops or an ATF agent.

• Like 2

This story doesn't really add up. So you're saying you went in to pick up the gun, filled out a 4473 form, the dealer called it into NICS, got a "Proceed", then he hung up and told you that he can't give you the gun? Is that correct?

If he ran the NICS check before you came in to pick up the gun, he is in deep shit. He can't do that.

Tony

• Like 5

One FFL thats less than a mile from there is like we have no problem transfering it to you. This place has done many transfers for me before on hand guns so i dont know why there being dick. The thing that sucks is this is the only shooting range around, 10 bucks stay as long as you want and a couple blocks from my house. Go the 5 times a month if not more. All ways praise how help full and nice it is. Now im bad mouthing them to evryone i know and on yelp.

• Like 1

Ya he ran the check when they first got the tracking number from Kvar last week wed and just came in today ,Tony. Thats when everything was all good now i go in today and it was like talking to a different person. O we can give you that it illeagal, o ya then why you do a check and charge me for a transfer or even allow me to transfer it here in the first place.

Yes he knew i went in and told him and Kvar had to call there to get his FFL number and told him

This was all last week

I always thought you had to have the NICS done at the time your ready to take possession of the weapon? And how could they run a NICS on a weapon they dont even have logged or in their hands?

They can't. If ATF catches wind of it, they are going to fuck him up. There was a post the other day on another board where an FFL lost his license for that shit.

Tony

• Like 5

I always thought you had to have the NICS done at the time your ready to take possession of the weapon? And how could they run a NICS on a weapon they dont even have logged or in their hands?

They can't. If ATF catches wind of it, they are going to fuck him up. There was a post the other day on another board where an FFL lost his license for that shit.

Tony

I thought that was the case Tony. I dont have an FFL, but I see how my local guy does his shit, and he told me shit like this is a big no-no for many reasons. Thats why I questioned it.

Well, even if there is no little tidbit missing from this story then he is going to have to do something with it. He can't just keep it. Even a FFL has to have legal possession of every firearm on his premises. The gun still belongs to you regardless of whether or not he thinks he can turn it over to you or not. If he believes he can't do that then he has to send it back and let you handle it from there.

I have no idea why he would want to keep it does not make any logical sense to me. So if any one else is in cook county dont ever go to illinois gun works hes a crook.

May be i can use that for leverage on getting my gun , im sure he would not want a dime droped on his shit

If it went down as you say...

That he indeed performed the NICS before he had logged the firearm, then he is likely cutting other corners, breaking other rules/laws and likely trying to steal your firearm.

I would make damned sure to drop a dime on his ass... DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLES PROPERTY!

He repeatedly lied to you... Fuck him up.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

Chicagosfinest, if everything you have said is true, you need to contact the authorities ASAP. Like what Tony said, he is in deep shit. Someone who is as ignorant as him shouldn't be selling firearms. You now have an obligation to shut him down032.gif

• Like 1

Thats what i told him send it back ill take my money else were, and I called kvar right after and talk to the lady and she said there should be no problem with them giving it to me and she would call, she called me back and said there was no answer from multiple calls, and i know they were there cause i was just there and the ower and his nasty wife were there.

i want my gun first damit, and then ill let hell rain down on him, when i called last week monday before i even bought if from kvar and called to make sure it was all good he said come in as soon as possible to do the paper work, i thought this was standard procedure, since ive only really bought guns from there besides person to person sales.

• Like 1

i want my gun first damit, and then ill let hell rain down on him, when i called last week monday before i even bought if from kvar and called to make sure it was all good he said come in as soon as possible to do the paper work, i thought this was standard procedure, since ive only really bought guns from there besides person to person sales.

This may not be easy to do. Unless you meticulously document everything, going to the authorities post-situation wont be nearly as easy as going to them right now during this shit storm. Contact the authorities first IMO. If you do this, you will get your gun.

• Like 1

If I were in your situation, I would put all the details of what happened to you on a flier and make a ton of copies and hand them out to every gun shop, gun show and sporting goods store pin up board within fifty miles of where you live and expose the living hell outta these shitheels! (Granted since you live in a really big city, I reckon that's probably not feasible). Most of us gun tote-in good ole boys frequent hardware, lumber, and tool stores, so those might be good places to set up fliers at. Fellas on here have some really great ideas. Hope all turns out well for ya!