whats a good price on a Saiga 12?

Even if you find a 109 for $650 the one I linked above at KVAR is a much better deal. It comes direct from Russia just the way you want it. By the time you buy all the parts to convert the price will come out the same. The best part is you don't have four extra holes to plug or weld and the trigger guard is much better than just bolting one on.

• Like 1

Classic has a converted one a little cheaper.

Now what do they mean by low pressure shells?

What is the best pressure to use? Slugs, or bird, skeet shot?

That converted S12 at Classic doesn't even come close to that factory original S12-07 at KVAR. The one at KVar was never in sporter configuration and has all Russian components. I would gladly pay a few more $ to get the factory Russian 12-07. It is a really good deal. At least with it, you get to chose which componenets you want to be made in the US, if you decide to run hi-cap mags. A US mag and a US FCG will make it 922r compliant.

They mean weak bulk birdshot, in essence. Mine will run most commercially available ammo, outside of some low recoil loads, but I do a little work to them to make that happen reliably. There really is no "best pressure". Try loads until you find what it will cycle or get to work on making it run a wider variety of loads.

Classic has a converted one a little cheaper.

Now what do they mean by low pressure shells?

What is the best pressure to use? Slugs, or bird, skeet shot?

That converted S12 at Classic doesn't even come close to that factory original S12-07 at KVAR. The one at KVar was never in sporter configuration and has all Russian components. I would gladly pay a few more $ to get the factory Russian 12-07. It is a really good deal. At least with it, you get to chose which componenets you want to be made in the US, if you decide to run hi-cap mags. A US mag and a US FCG will make it 922r compliant.

They mean weak bulk birdshot, in essence. Mine will run most commercially available ammo, outside of some low recoil loads, but I do a little work to them to make that happen reliably. There really is no "best pressure". Try loads until you find what it will cycle or get to work on making it run a wider variety of loads.

I am going to agree on this one...get the S12-07 from K-var.....I have a Classic converted S12...I should say it was a Classic converted gun...It has been gutted and rebuilt...and I will leave it at that. Save yourself the time and $$$ get the S12-07. I wish I would have.

Cabelas now is selling the S12 for $599.

I received a Cabelas e-mail about it last night.

Something must be coming down the pike. If Cabelas starts selling S12's it means they are either on end of life or insanely cheap. I also noticed they are selling CAI Zastavas as well so it could be they got a deal with Century on some clearance stuff.

Cabelas has a store locator on their website if any of you don't happen to have a crystal ball.

Edited by ammohawg
  • 2 weeks later...