I agree fellas. When I seen this, I was like WTF? They claim its not a conversion, but it has the plugs for the old trigger holes and also the hole where the front handguard screw would go on the sporters. I dont know whats up with that fuckin muzzle. Looks like they tried to weld it to the barrel, or some shit and now it looks like the head of a dick. Not only will it need a new barrel, but prolly a new front trunnion and lord knows what else. Its so sad to see that. People are fucking retarded.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys should have seen the Romanian kit build I saw at the Orlando show. It was a nightmare. I would be scared to fire it.... and I am usually fearless when it comes to testing shit. I should have taken some pics....

• Like 1
You guys should have seen the Romanian kit build I saw at the Orlando show. It was a nightmare. I would be scared to fire it.... and I am usually fearless when it comes to testing shit. I should have taken some pics....

I suspect we'll see more of this.

Saw a 5.56 weiger barrel for sale. If you bought both you could have a wokring rifle.

Then theres the bullet guide issue. Prolly get away with using SGM mags or similar though.

I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to clean that shit up, then tap and install a BG the proper way? New barrel + some Tender Loving Care = Working Kalashnikov?

Ehh I'm seeing things differently than the rest of you....

If he hadn't tried to grind a ramp into the chamber, it would've been a nice conversion. It looks like he removed so much material from the mouth of the chamber that it F'ed up the case clearance in that area, NOT the headspace. That brass case expanded into the void, the case split/separated and probably blew off the welded bullet guide. It might be reliable shooting steel-cased ammo but I wouldn't feel safe shooting it.

As far as the muzzle goes, it looks like he never took off the muzzle device in probably thousands of rounds of shooting the cheapest .223. Carbon will build up quick on the muzzle underneath that AK-74 brake, then it can blow back through the threads and cause the brake to seize up. It looks like he might have mangled the FSB while trying to wrench off the frozen brake. That carbon tumor will come off of the muzzle with one good smack.

It also looks like he ground up the mag latch shelf, so you probably can't even lock a mag into it any more. Compare the pics below.

At some point it was a nice conversion, before the guy went too far.

Check out how nasty the chamber is compared to my .223:

3NTgf.jpg

2pvib.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1
$465?!?!?! Seriously?

Weren't those selling brand new for ~$500 2 months ago?

But that was yesterday, and yesterdays gone.....

it was somebody here... who was it?

Confess now so we can tease you and get it out of our system

021.gif

Alright, it was me. That was only my 4th conversion though, so I'm much better at it now.

• Like 1