Weapons Left Behind After Home Forclosure

The article doesn't say if that's all he left in the house. It does say they went in before he finished removing his belongings. Then.... Call the police to investigate???? Just because he had a "weapons cache".... Because obviously they must be full auto machine guns and illegal. Right?

It says in the first article

The bank foreclosed on the Fairview Drive home on Friday. Bank representatives went to clean out the home before the occupant had cleared out his belongings when they stumbled upon the alarming cache, prompting them to call authorities to investigate.

So NO, he didn't "forget" them. I thought they were not allowed to "clean out the home" after foreclosure until AFTER the owner had moved his stuff out? I don't know what the laws are in CT, but down here it's very difficult to actually evict someone. (This from friends who have rented property before.)

It's tricky. This time of year, you have to be careful that the house is not left vacant because the pipes can freeze. I don't know what it's like in that state, but in MI, you get 6 months after foreclosure to move out. However, if you vacate early the bank can take the house early. They keep an eye on it in case people move out early so it's not left vacant too long. I've seen it where people move out early, gas gets shut off and pipes burst. I've also seen it where the utilities are shut off, there are no tracks in the snow, newspapers piled up on the front door, but people are still living in the house.

Most banks require that if there's personal property of value more than $500 then you need to do an eviction or have the previous owner sign off they they don't want their stuff anymore. that said he should get his guns back.

A friend of mine here had that done to him, then was fond that the foreclouser was not legal, so his shit was basically stolen. he was told there was nothing to be done about it, and he doesn't have the money to fight anymore. He did get the house back.

Fuckenpeople 010.gif

I stayed for 1 year before they started the short sale on my house. I made every house payment (9.7% interest, yes I was a sucker) for 3 years until I got sick and lost my job. No refi - it was early 2009 - so they didn't give a shit.

Stay until they post notice on your house, then you have 90 days left.

Once the date expires on the order, I understood they could come in anytime and put my stuff on the curb, no call, and the sheriff will be there.

I made sure I took all the appliances, light fixtures, plumbing and bath fixtures - it makes my small trailer look like home...

• Like 1

You'd think he'd have seen this coming and moved the weapons/ammo and everything else of value to a friend's or relative's place or even temporary storage for $75/month. You just don't leave that stuff in a house being foreclosed.

Unfortunate, but pretty stupid on the homeowner's part.

You'd think he'd have seen this coming and moved the weapons/ammo and everything else of value to a friend's or relative's place or even temporary storage for $75/month. You just don't leave that stuff in a house being foreclosed.

Hell yea, I would have moved the guns first before the bed lol! Maybe there was a divorce and the clueless ex-wife left it as 'junk'

1+ for hexing VD on bank people!

• Like 1

Look.......there is a lot of this shit going on around the country, they are illegally taking peoples land and homes, there are class action suits being filed against banks and mortgage compines doing this, most are settling befor the Feds get too involved. Please don't make the mistake of thinking he is just some dumb ass that didn't get his shit out in the correct time frame. I would probably be thinking the same thig if this didn't happen to a friend of mine. They took his home, and said it was only worth $63,000 dollars, all of his neighbors houses are + $200,000. He filed suit and got his house back, but the "cleaners" got his shit 010.gif Perhaps he should have moved the stuff, but more than likely the "cleaners" showed up and he still had time to move, that is exactly what happened with my friend.

And before I foreget...............1++ for hexing VD on bank people!

• Like 2

Look.......there is a lot of this shit going on around the country, they are illegally taking peoples land and homes, there are class action suits being filed against banks and mortgage compines doing this, most are settling befor the Feds get too involved. Please don't make the mistake of thinking he is just some dumb ass that didn't get his shit out in the correct time frame. I would probably be thinking the same thig if this didn't happen to a friend of mine. They took his home, and said it was only worth $63,000 dollars, all of his neighbors houses are + $200,000. He filed suit and got his house back, but the "cleaners" got his shit 010.gif Perhaps he should have moved the stuff, but more than likely the "cleaners" showed up and he still had time to move, that is exactly what happened with my friend.

I know what you're saying, but I stand by what I said.

Are you saying the foreclosure was a big surprise to the hapless homeowner?

The mortgage holders are required by law to notify the homeowner of the foreclosure (usually registered mail).

What I'm saying is that the same day you get that notice is the day you should be getting off your ass and moving your valuables.

You don't wait several weeks/months because you think you have time.

I'm not saying the lenders are doing this legally or ethically, that's a different subject.

I'm saying protect your possessions when they are in danger of being taken, just common sense.

Now maybe in some cases the old man passed away and the wife never sold off the guns.

If that's the case here, then that's different.

But if this guy was notified of the foreclosure and then just sat around and waited for his shit to be taken, then he's fncking stupid.

Yeah, well. I got a buddy who got that letter 3 years ago. After waiting a year for the hammer to drop, he finally got through to someone at the bank who knew something. Yes, they were foreclosing, but they wouldnt be selling anytome soon, so they figured better him upkeeping the home and living there, than it turns into a meth lab or whatever.

So, you could be foreclosed on and still be surprised when they actually just show up one day.

• Like 1

I know what you're saying, but I stand by what I said.

Are you saying the foreclosure was a big surprise to the hapless homeowner?

The mortgage holders are required by law to notify the homeowner of the foreclosure (usually registered mail).

What I'm saying is that the same day you get that notice is the day you should be getting off your ass and moving your valuables.

You don't wait several weeks/months because you think you have time.

I'm not saying the lenders are doing this legally or ethically, that's a different subject.

I'm saying protect your possessions when they are in danger of being taken, just common sense.

Now maybe in some cases the old man passed away and the wife never sold off the guns.

If that's the case here, then that's different.

But if this guy was notified of the foreclosure and then just sat around and waited for his shit to be taken, then he's fncking stupid.

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying.......big fucken surprise. The guy got behind due to work related injury, got money from employer/workers comp., deposited money before cutoff date. Mortgage was setup for direct withdrawl, bank said all is cool, next thing ya know.........assrape happenin. Instead of making the withdrawl and bringing the account up to date, the prick manager at the bank just let it go to forclosure, to his fucken lawyer buddy across town, who was proven to have ties with the bank. When they went to court he told the judge it was an inocent oversight........no it wasn't, they tried to take his fucken house for $63,000. Again.......he got his house back, how many haven't? Oh...and if this guy wouldn't have had enough money to get a lawyer to represent him, ....double assrape.

I'm just sayn, you can assume that folks are just sitting on their asses doing nothing if you want to, could be a mistake on your part. Maybe.

So far I've seen nothing to indicate he won't get all his stuff back. I've seen similar things happen where the police "seize" the weapons for "safe keeping" until the owner can be found. I'm not sure if that was really necessary here though since they seemed to have no trouble locating him.