Let me say as my first post here. I have been searching a while. Bought a Saiga 5.45x39 just before the crap hit the fan. I had been looking at conversion kits and deciding which one to go with.

Then they all went away. I have been doing searches over and over again. For some reason, tonight. I was shown this site. Alot of info for sure. Finally the information I needed.

I normally hang out on MGO (michigan gun owners) Glocktalk, and ar15. But, I see I will be coming here.

I got rid of a couple ak47's then swapped them out for 74's. One is from Atlantic and the other is my Saiga. Look forward to modding them a bit.

Edited by ParanoidVengeance

Welcome

You will eventually see, as you look around, that this forum community is more honest than most others. That's one thing that has kept me sticking around. There isn't a more blunt, honest, salty group of trustworthy bastards out there beer.gif

• Like 6

Welcome! The 5.45 is a sweet round. It's my new favorite.

Hopefully, the supply will get back to normal, after all this blows over. I won't be shooting any of mine (only 2200 rnds) until I can replace it.

Run away while you can! If you hang out here too long you may find yourself holding a Bulgarian parts kit in one hand and a blank receiver in the other, like me. ;)

The Saiga conversion is a "gateway drug".

Edited by Sim_Player

Welcome from south of the border (Indiana), unfortunately it is getting to be slim pickens out there. Sounds like you found what you were loooking for, a lot of the vendors still have some pieces and parts. It seems that the parts are selling so fast they cant get whole kits put together anymore. There also is a classified section on here where members have personal items for sale.

Well, I am a troll. Captain. Your avatar always seems to stop me for a moment. Then I remember what I was doing. I am most likely older than most here. Will be 44 in 13 days. I have around guns since I was 2. I have been from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I am well rounded. Umm. gun wise. My down right fav is my M1A. Expensive to shoot tho. Acouple AR's, Stevens pistol gripped pump (was so cheap, I couldn't not buy it. $216 with two boxes of ammo) Then I have a collection of WWII rifles. I will post a pic of a display I am making.

Always loved the AK platform. One reason, it works everytime. Then I got the bug to get the 5.45x39. SO, I started searching back in August. Found an Atlantic AK74 for $500 locally. Snagged it. Then Found the Saiga for $400. Both, new in their boxes never fired. I just have 3 tins of 1080. Have my eye on 2 more tins. But, first. I want to conversion parts.

I won't go into the pistols. But, I love Glocks. My carry is a G20.

Now, I need to set up this account. As I am not getting emails that I have response.lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/1hailstorm/IMG_20120617_105744.jpg

Edited by ParanoidVengeance