I had been wanting a 100 round Korean Beta for my M-4, I have one for my Saiga .223 and it functions great so I thought why not! Well, got an e-mail fro Classic Arms advertising them in stock for $199! Not bad I thought....that is until I saw how much they were charging for shipping! $57.99!! FIFTY EIGHT BUCKS FOR SHIPPING A MAG! They could ship USPS priority mail for $11.35! OH and that 58 bucks was for 3-7 days, not overnight!

Needless to say, I will do without one! Do I have the money to get it? Yes! Am I going to be gouged? Heck NO!

Rant off...just thought it a little rediculous..I mean if you need to get $250 for the mags, then tell people up front. Do they have anything to do with CTD? I wonder.

• Like 4

I will be calling them tomorrow and asking about ordering one of those mags. If I get the same answer on shipping, I'll tell them exactly what I think about their bait-and-switch bullshit.

When I estimate shipping on the site, it tells me about $16.

• Like 2
And...Classic is located in NC. They charge the same shipping for ammo as SGAmmo does and SG is halfway across the country. Jake, you have money? How bout let a big man hold a dolla?

Squish, I'll let you hold a dollah! LOL Play money is dwindling, but still a few bucks in the coffer. I wish that I would have bought a half dozen AR's back in Sept when they were less than 600! My problem was not keeping up with my inventory! I was making sure that I loaded up on .223 and 5.56, 7.62x39, etc, and THINKING that I had a 1000 rounds of 9mm. BIG difference in thinking and knowing!!

PS, Like that new Avatar!! Having to miss my NRA Instructor class this morning due to black ice...AARRGGHH!!

And...Classic is located in NC. They charge the same shipping for ammo as SGAmmo does and SG is halfway across the country. Jake, you have money? How bout let a big man hold a dolla?

Squish, I'll let you hold a dollah! LOL Play money is dwindling, but still a few bucks in the coffer. I wish that I would have bought a half dozen AR's back in Sept when they were less than 600! My problem was not keeping up with my inventory! I was making sure that I loaded up on .223 and 5.56, 7.62x39, etc, and THINKING that I had a 1000 rounds of 9mm. BIG difference in thinking and knowing!!

PS, Like that new Avatar!! Having to miss my NRA Instructor class this morning due to black ice...AARRGGHH!!

Uncle Jake Dude, are you talking about the Korean Beta KCI c mag 100 rd magazinefor ARs?

Uncle Jake Dude, are you talking about the Korean Beta KCI c mag 100 rd magazinefor ARs?

Yes, I am!

Anyway, if you do get one or however many, know that they consider the "tower" a wear item. The bullet tips WILL wear into them and gouge them out. I've read it's best to form a piece of thin sheet metal on the "feed" section of the tower and epoxy it into place. Replacement towers are available from CMag for $17.00, but are of course out of stock. Probably not going to get any of them any time soon. It don't take long to start gouging them. It's ugly when it happens. Protect them ahead of time. I plan on using thin Stainless Steel. Also, it is advised to NOT use the graphite lube. Graphite doesn't play well with aluminum. I use lots of silicone spray, which is advised by others as well. My mags have preformed flawlessly. Read up on them. But you will find the same info that I have just posted. Good Luck!

• Like 1
I have 2 Kel-Tec PLR-16s and use the mags with them. It is a really nice combination. No kick at all, hardly. Lot's of fun!

Wish I would have bought a PLR 16 back when they were $400! Look like a fun toy!

May have to see about getting an AR tower and putting it on my Saiga mag!

I know some have had bad experiences with classic, but I have always found them to be very professional. Keep in mind, it could just be a mistake. I certainly hope it is, and if so, they will/should take care of it.

Speaking of gouging, has anybody looked at how much wasr's and unconverted saigas are going for on gun broker? Or ammo, its crazy.

Its nuts. They are selling for what Arsenals were getting 2 months ago. Gun show in Fort Worth a few days ago they were selling for $800. I asked they guy if they were buy one get one free. He did not think I was funny.

• Like 2

IT WAS A MISTAKE!!! I got to thinking that they had always been great to deal with before, and after Semper had posted, I thought I would try it again. Well this time, the shipping was $13 and change..musta been a computer glitch or something! I guess as much as there computers are running, it's a wonder they don't crash!

ANYWAY, I got it on the way! My appologies to Classic. NOW, it might be a couple of weeks before it gets here, but thats no biggie, they are like everyone else I guess, backed up!

Never had any problems at all dealing with Classic, glad to see it was a "golem in the gears". I bought my first Mosin from them a couple years ago and it was in better shape than what they'd lead me to believe on the posting, last year I got in on the Saigas right before they dried up from them at $319, shipping for the Mosin was $22 back then, and shipping on the Saiga was I believe $26. Both were shipped fast IMHO.

CRAP, I ordered 880 rounds of the 7.62x54 form them in the crate, and shipping for 60# was only $38.00, UPS. They must have opened up a new jar of vaseline for you. :) but speaking of drums, has anybody gotten a Glock 9mm drum yet?

I ordered 2 from 2 different vendors finally got tracking number for second one.

Both were on preorder for about 2-3 months.

CRAP, I ordered 880 rounds of the 7.62x54 form them in the crate, and shipping for 60# was only $38.00, UPS. They must have opened up a new jar of vaseline for you. smile.png but speaking of drums, has anybody gotten a Glock 9mm drum yet?

I ordered 2 from 2 different vendors finally got tracking number for second one.

Both were on preorder for about 2-3 months.

Yeh Garnaz,

My first one came yesterday, and I got notified last night that one on back order shipped yesterday as well. The 9mm drum runs like a raped ape, and to Coronet, if the dry lube is not recommended, why is it shipped with the BetaCo drums, I've got 3 from them, and they all came with the graphite lube and instructions for useing it. BetaCo drums are not cheap, but are 100% reliable.

termite, I don't know, but on reading about it, graphite reacts with aluminum in a bad way. Kinda like they sell aluminum heads and intake manifolds for cars, but you are advised to use a sacrificial zinc anode to keep corrosion from happening. It's electrolosis. No one tells you about this when you buy your high dollar aluminum heads, but it does happen, and everyone uses the sacrificial zinc slugs.. Do what you want. I'm just reporting on what I have read. The Korean mags are an exact copy of the Beta Mags. The patent ran out, and allowed the mags to be copied. The tower feed gouging is a known issue. The graphite is a known issue as well, as far as I can ascertian. I am not making this up. Google it. it is called galvonic corrosion. USE SILICONE! Your AR has aluminum. Be smart, be safe.

termite, I don't know, but on reading about it, graphite reacts with aluminum in a bad way. Kinda like they sell aluminum heads and intake manifolds for cars, but you are advised to use a sacrificial zinc anode to keep corrosion from happening. It's electrolosis. No one tells you about this when you buy your high dollar aluminum heads, but it does happen, and everyone uses the sacrificial zinc slugs.. Do what you want. I'm just reporting on what I have read. The Korean mags are an exact copy of the Beta Mags. The patent ran out, and allowed the mags to be copied. The tower feed gouging is a known issue. The graphite is a known issue as well, as far as I can ascertian. I am not making this up. Google it. it is called galvonic corrosion. USE SILICONE! Your AR has aluminum. Be smart, be safe.

I completely understand the part about galvanic corrosion/electrolosis, I use dielectric unions in the pumps I build to combat this, but with the mag being polymer, and the lower being aluminum, there is no way that an electrical discharge can happen between the two, that's what causes this. Galvanic corrosion is caused because of improperly grounding of equipment, and an electrical discharge being emitted between the 2 parts. On aluminum, there was/is a problem such as in wiring, because of 2 dis-similiar metals, i.e., copper to aluminum, that causes a problem, which is solved by useing NoLox, I think that's the name of it. I always make it a point to be completely grounded when ever shooting my guns with the Beta mags, it's a bitch, but I drive in the ground rods and all is good. :):) Some real engineers or electricians can please step in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this would be a problem in the lifetime of the drum/mag, or ours for that matter. Just have fun shooting, and YEP, the bullets DO dig a groove in the "feed lip" on the Korean drums

And if anyone bought their drums from CFS, and they don't feed, work as they should, they'll make them good, they did on one of mine and did it fast, and NO, I won't tell you how many beta's or fake beta's that I have. :)

Never had any problems at all dealing with Classic, glad to see it was a "golem in the gears". I bought my first Mosin from them a couple years ago and it was in better shape than what they'd lead me to believe on the posting, last year I got in on the Saigas right before they dried up from them at $319, shipping for the Mosin was $22 back then, and shipping on the Saiga was I believe $26. Both were shipped fast IMHO.

Yeah I was glad too cause I had dealt with them on several occasions and always had excellent service. One never knows what might happen. I feel bad about spouting off before I tried again, but with all the vultures out there, I just assumed..and that's my bad. I hope if anything this will sling a little there way..of course only AFTER folks deal with our local Forum vendors! ;)

I got a very good feeeling here that due to all the outrage throughout the land defending our Constitutional Rights that NOTHING of substance will be passed by our Reprehensibles and Sinisters in Washington DC. They would not dare. Sosss...yep....good answers allready given. In a little bit, we will be swampped with all sorts of goodies because manufactures will ramp up production thinking there will be a big ban; but then nothing will happen soss there. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png