Dear Valued Customer, In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers. Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders.

In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this. We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately.

We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products. One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products.

If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA. As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Edited by TacticoolTim
  • Like 12

They are not selling ammo and mags to leo agencys and government agencys of states with gun bans, ammo, and mag limits either Like the state of NY I believe. Good for Midway.

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 1

Yep. got that email too.

I like doing business with Midway USA, and I really like the C&R FFL discount they give me too.

I would imagine that the Industry is talking and encouraging each other to form a line and hold it, their livelihoods are on the line.

Many of them would be forced to close, there just isn't enough business from government, military & LE contracts alone.

More power to them.

I'm definitely going to write back to Midway voicing my support.

The only problem I've had with Midway is their tendency to stack shipping charges. Maybe it's just me, but when I would order several items, the freight would go up each time I added to the cart. I get the impression that they ship from different warehouses on a lot of stuff.

Still, I appreciate Harry, I mean Larry Potter sending this out.

I have bought alot of stuff from midway over the years, and will continue to do so. Larry is the perfect example of what America once stood for.

And now a brief message:

People seem to be treating the proposed ban as if it were a hurricane bearing down on us. They want to horde everything they can before it hits. But it's not a hurricane. It's something being done by men, and men can stop it. So imagine instead of people buying everything in sight for fear of a ban, if all those people stood up as one and said "There will be no ban!"

/soapbox

• Like 7

Ive always liked Midway, and Larry and his workers have always took care of whatever problems I have had over the years. I'll continue to do business with them for as long as I can.

And Tim, for the price increase over shipping, Id say they base it off of the weight of the package. Thats the only thing I can get from it.

• Like 1
Ive always liked Midway, and Larry and his workers have always took care of whatever problems I have had over the years. I'll continue to do business with them for as long as I can.

And Tim, for the price increase over shipping, Id say they base it off of the weight of the package. Thats the only thing I can get from it.

I know what you're saying Capn, but it does irk me at times. Shipping can be a substantial part of your cost, so I do try to watch it also. As an example, I ordered two gun bags from them and they shipped separately (with double shipping rate) even though both would have fit in one box. Twice as much cardboard to recycle and twice the shipping. It just seems to me that all companies, not just Midway, could be a little more efficient especially in these trying times.

• Like 1

I know what you're saying Capn, but it does irk me at times. Shipping can be a substantial part of your cost, so I do try to watch it also. As an example, I ordered two gun bags from them and they shipped separately (with double shipping rate) even though both would have fit in one box. Twice as much cardboard to recycle and twice the shipping. It just seems to me that all companies, not just Midway, could be a little more efficient especially in these trying times.

I couldnt tell ya why the increase in the cost. I wish I could. But given the current climate, I think its safe that we cal all say that they are doing good. Even Larry knows the pain we are feeling. It irks me at times Tim, but if I want the product, then I have to comply, lol. I know you know. lol..

dang sunnybean. i was just on there. i didn't think they had $450 worth of merchanide instock to sell.

it makes me happy and sad all at the same time..

Lol. Tell me about it. I have been stopping by there every week since Xmas. They finally got the C More RDS that I want in stock (my 030 will finally be complete). So, I grabbed that, a few Blackhawk descreet cases, and a new AK chest rig. I had a $250 gift cert so that eased the pain quite a bit :-)

And now a brief message:

People seem to be treating the proposed ban as if it were a hurricane bearing down on us. They want to horde everything they can before it hits. But it's not a hurricane. It's something being done by men, and men can stop it. So imagine instead of people buying everything in sight for fear of a ban, if all those people stood up as one and said "There will be no ban!"

/soapbox

Amen Mr. Saigus!

I gave Larry over $450 today.

I'll be happy to give him some more money as soon as anything I'm looking for is back in stock! beaten.gif

I do have ammo on backorder with midway (and other places).