The wife and I will be shortly heading to the public range to practice her pistol skills ( when she gets up)

I have treated 4 of my guns with FROG LUBE.

Let it be said, to remove the CLP and coat the guns with this green stuff is a bit of a hassle but it smells good and is showing some promise.

I started a week ago with one on my daily carries Glock 27. No staining on the suit or other.

Dry but slick! Before shooting I would say it is about 10% slicker than CLP on the Glock and all other pistols XDM & M&P.

Also have one rifle a Remington Speedmaster 552 22 that was my hunting rifle when I was a kid and always jammed up needing cleaning after 50 rounds. Cleaned an buffed the action which helped a lot but after the FROG LUBE I would say 25% better. So we will see.

Just in case I do not like it Frog lube does have a solvent to remove it from metal but I have high hopes.

Just think I missed my favorite sitcom syfy show NCIS to do this. Who said old men do not scarifice.

I know that this is not political or anything but it think that a person can come away from this forum with some basic facts.

1. Young women still have breasts because I have seen the proof on this forum

2. Young women with breasts can be made into a personal moving avitar

3. Never knock a sporting shotgun or the sport "everybody needs love sometimes".

4. Nobody wants to date the great Senator from CA and will never make her into a personal moving avitar on this forum (moving target maybe)

5. You can't fool me you are all looking for more ammo.

6. Some of you learned french and when frustrated love to impress us with it

7. None of you voted for Obama.

8. Every one here wants Magpul to set up in their State so that they can get a job with them in order to score cheap mags.

9. NY politicians will not be getting Christmas cards this year from any of you

10. Who in the would would study a ducks dick?(on a day when life was smashing waves over my ships bow I read this and laughed till it hurt) thanks for posting it.

Time to wake up the wife.

You all be safe hear!

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 2

I've also sprung for some Frog Lube and so far have only appled to a newly acquired used Ruger SP-101 and a used Olypmic 40 S&W AR upper. Made the little Ruger slick as glass and I've run 70 rounds through the Olympic without a hitcn. It makes them all "minty fresh" and so far Frog Lube has proven to be all that it claims to be. I have a LOT more guns to get treated, but I'm pretty pleased so far.

I have to tell you this stuff is amazing.

250 rounds thru the pistols, opened them up and to our amazement "clean' with exception of brass dust and a black feed ramp.

Took my finger and lightly wiped the feed ramp and it came off right now .Same way with all the guns. It was like it was just laying on the feed ramps and the barrels were clean also.

Gun care has just gotten easier.

A big thanks to all on this forum who turned me on to this stuff. Why I am so happy i could kiss a CA Senator! (NOT!)

Thanks all, at this point in life I am a happy man.

Why I am so happy i could kiss a CA Senator! (NOT!)

Maybe with a 2x4 or a baseball bat

Thanks or the review. Buddy in Idaho is picking me up a bottle for my toys when we go over for Easter. All of the AR guys say it's much better than CLP on theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using it for about 2 months I think now. I LOVE it! I first used it on my AR, and noticed that even though it's "dry" it acts "wet". It smells great, and the cleanup is a snap after throwing a few hundred down range. I cannot recommend it enough. I now use it in all my guns, and have been similarly satisfied.

Plus, its minty fresh, so the wife doesn't complain. Now if they made the same for car lubricants, she'd stop the complaining completely!

HIGHLY recommended.

Remek, I have a question about Frog Lube. Do you still lube your AR as you would without the frog lube? May sound silly, but I run my AR very wet and just want to know if you still lube your bolt/carrier, rails, ect? Or is the frog lube itself the only lubricant you need?

I am assuming the frog lube makes it so the nasty stuff does not stick to the surface. Is that right?

Thanks. Really wanting to try this stuff based on what I have read here and other threads.

I plan to buy some from my FFL buddy when his shipment comes in next week, but have done a tonof reading on it. Accordin to all accounts it goes everywhere you would put CLP and acts just as good (better by many many claims), but is plant based and is even edible if you desire. Watched a youtube video where the guy said you can run it in conjunction with oil based if you want, but i see no benefit to doing that. The "dry lube" concept allows a great friction barrier, is technically better for a rifle, and this being plant based is better for masking your rifle from animals and people. Put the fact that it is completely natural in there and i say it is a winner

I was gonna buy Gun Butter a while back, but was waiting on my stock of CLP to get used up, which I have a few years supply left. Frog Lube sounds like and does the same thing Gun Butter does, atleast that's what I'm gathering. I don't think you can eat Gun Butter like you can the Frog Lube. Has anyone else here used Gun Butter before? Curious to find out how it compares to Frog Lube, besides being a lot more expensive.

Edited by fffpatriot
Remek, I have a question about Frog Lube. Do you still lube your AR as you would without the frog lube? May sound silly, but I run my AR very wet and just want to know if you still lube your bolt/carrier, rails, ect? Or is the frog lube itself the only lubricant you need?

I am assuming the frog lube makes it so the nasty stuff does not stick to the surface. Is that right?

Thanks. Really wanting to try this stuff based on what I have read here and other threads.

I use Frog Lube everywhere I lubricate now, save for the barrel. For some reason, I just feel better with Otis oil in there.

The Frog Lube goes on the rails, bolt, carrier, the inside bolt parts, on the trigger group, and all pins.

I heat it up, apply, cool it down and LIGHTLY wipe. Unlike what they say, and mostly out of an abundance of caution, I leave some of the waxy stuff on the bolt carrier, outside the bolt, and on the rails. It melts when it runs and makes it just slightly wet. That's what its supposed to do, actually. YOu wipe it down and put it in "dry", but there is a thin layer of wax on it, which melts and becomes "wetter" when run. I leave some extra (really only a tiny bit of wax deposits on the surfaces) in there, because I like my AR wet wet wet, and I have been very satisfied so far. Even the gunk at the back of the bolt's tail is easy to remove now. Before it took a night in mineral spirits to remove. Now I just wipe and its pretty much off.

I haven't had problems with ejection at all, which you might expect when very wet, but I do make sure the front of my bolt is wiped down well.

One note, the pin to the bolt itself: make sure you wipe it down good, it spins like a top if over-lubed.

• Like 1

I initially tried it on my little beretta neos, which I always kept clean. After going through the detailed cleaning and then "tempering" process, it's never operated that smoothly ever. So, put it on one of my mosin 91/30's and all I can say is not only is it amazing stuff but the results were astounding! The bolt was a little on the difficult side, now it's smooth as silk. I can move the bolt up and down with one finger. I use it on weapon I own, as well as my leatherman.

But like any product it has its pro's and con's:

Pro's:

Non-toxic

Smells good (the wife doesn't bitch)

The shit works

It adds an additional layer of protection when using corrosive or really dirty ammo.

It's gotten dirt off my Mosin's that I could never get before.

It's dry, but has a silky feel

Con's:

The shit's expensive

The initial detailed cleaning is a bitch

The solvent is obscenly expensive for the amount you get.

If you're not accustomed to it, it's a little unsettling because the weapon feels so dry, at least until it warms up.

You can't use any mineral or petroleum based product anymore.

I've gotten rid of all my other CLP's.

the only thing in my cleaning kit is Frog lube. LOVE this stuff... even at -20f the stuff works great. Love the non-toxic part, and that is cleans up from a spill with no hassles. I have yet to find anything it did not - work well on... AR, AK, 1911, Glock, little .22's, big .338. Highly recommended.

I can't disagree with any of these reviews. It is expensive but a little bit goes a long way. I've only tried the liquid but I heat everything up with a lamp or heat gun, then apply with a very small paintbrush. On certain moving/friction parts I leave a very light coating and everything so far runs smooth as silk. (PS: I neither sell nor am I affiliated with this company) When I got this stuff i also got a bunch of bore snakes. Between those two additions, it makes CLP'ing much easier and more effective. I've also put it on wood and polymer and wasn't sorry I did.

Got the new viper boar snakes for my 40 S&W and all my 556 guns just so I can treat the boar better.

It does improve MOA i figure by about 3-5% I have noticed how nice my Glock holds up to every day carry here in SW FL

I Love this stuff so much I sent some to my older brother who has a ton of ARs.