UN Small Arms Treaty Passes, what it means for US

Well it looks like the Small Arms Treaty that the gun community and the NRA in particular has been saying was doom and gloom for some time has passed at the UN.

I wonder what this means for the US and our Second Amendment rights. In the current environment, nothing would surprise me.

Thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-n-overwhelmingly-approves-first-ever-global-arms-155542094.html

• Like 1

More people who want to rule us "for our own good".

I never imagined things would get this bad and the majority would just ignore it.

It really is the frog in the pot. And we who yell that the water is about to boil are just called kooks.

• Like 5

I like how they sell it as to keep weapons out of the hands of the bad guys, when the bad guys are creations from our government, and its allies, that we are arming and have been for some time.

But this is the step that our current dipshit has been wanting. Where theres a will there's a way, and with his position, just be ready for anything.

• Like 7
I like how they sell it as to keep weapons out of the hands of the bad guys, when the bad guys are creations from our government, and its allies, that we are arming and have been for some time.

But this is the step that our current dipshit has been wanting. Where theres a will there's a way, and with his position, just be ready for anything.

Right on Captain! AIn't it peculiar how we are arming Al Qaeda in Syria under the guise of "The Free Syrian Army" while we are supposed to be fighting Al Qaeda in Afghan? And arresting that US dude who signed up with them even though we supply his buds?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29/17512634-former-us-soldier-accused-of-fighting-with-al-qaeda-group-in-syria?lite

And since when did a RPG become a "weapon of mass destruction"? I didn't know it could mount a nuke or biological warhead. Maybe thats Eric Holder's definition of a RPG....rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

And since when did a RPG become a "weapon of mass destruction"? ....rolleyes.gif

The libtards, especially the queen psycho zombie from San Fran has been calling "assault weps" weapons of mass destruction for a long time. You know the M.O., say it long enough as many times as the turd media allows it and it becomes.....fact.

• Like 2

The Senate already voted AGAINST the UN Arms Treaty on March 23rd. So... WHY in the hell did Kerry vote FOR it?! :angry:

I loved it back when John Bolton basically told the UN to "shove it" on this worthless piece of trash.

On the other hand, the UN has been so inept and ineffective on any other "Resolution" they passed, it probably won't make a damn bit of a difference this time, either. Look at how their "enforcement" of their "Resolutions" turned out in Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Iraq, NK, etc, etc, etc..... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

quote..."UN Small Arms Treaty Passes, what it means for US"

This means that blue helmets will replace bowling pins for pin shoots. There will be plenty of them available for the range for pin shoot competition, and at no cost to the Patriots. The blue helmets are much more stable since they cover a lot more surface area when placed on top of the hoods of UN Range Rover vehicles for the pin shoots.

The Blue UN helmets are also great for "Christmas Ornament" shoots. They are triple nylon stitch reinforced on the ends of the chin strap which allows for many, many hours of enjoyable shooting, enabling the target to withstand numerous hours of impact swings while still attached to the expired UN member's head while hung from trees.

Edited by fffpatriot
  • Like 1

The treaty prohibits states that ratify it from transferring conventional weapons if they violate arms embargoes or if they promote acts of genocide, crimes against humanity or war crimes. The pact also prohibits the export of conventional arms if they could be used in attacks on civilians or civilian buildings such as schools and hospitals.

In considering whether to authorize the export of arms, a country must evaluate whether the weapons would be used to violate international human rights laws or employed by terrorists or organized crime. A country must also determine whether the weapons would contribute to or undermine peace and security.

In addition, the treaty requires countries to take measures to prevent the diversion of conventional weapons to the illicit market.

The first statement in bold could be any weapon. Even the common machete has used in attacks towards civilians including genocide, so anything now can be prohibited.

The second statement in bold basically is manditory registration.

Hell No!

This means that the UN is still full of mafia and communist who want a piece of the pie.

If Obozo signs it, it will mean Jack and Shit. It will never be ratified. I doubt the dumb kenyan will have the brass to even sign it. It's a terrible piece of work with loopholes and errors. Anybody with half a brain, even a hippie, can see this.

It won't be ratified. It requires 2/3rds of the senate to ratify. The Senate is lucky to get half of them to agree on anything other than salary. Now, if the treaty included a salary raise for the senate....

The founding fathers should have made EVERYTHING require 2/3 majority. It turns out that it's pretty easy to get 50.1% of politicians to agree to utter bullshit.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

And that's all it is...utter bullshit. I don't see this affecting us at all and even if they wanted a national gun registry would you register? Myself I only have a hunting rifle to register ;)

The Senate already voted AGAINST the UN Arms Treaty on March 23rd. So... WHY in the hell did Kerry vote FOR it?! mad.gif

I loved it back when John Bolton basically told the UN to "shove it" on this worthless piece of trash.

On the other hand, the UN has been so inept and ineffective on any other "Resolution" they passed, it probably won't make a damn bit of a difference this time, either. Look at how their "enforcement" of their "Resolutions" turned out in Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Iraq, NK, etc, etc, etc..... rolleyes.gif

The difference is this is just another arrow in the quiver of the "compost in chief" to use against the American people.

Neverhome

Hopefully it won't get through here. However, any one know if Russia is going for this? The relatively cheap import ammo could be cut off.

Russia abstained in the vote.

I don't see why they would sign the treaty. They have nothing to gain and much to lose.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was tossed in with some inane appropriations bill for "the children" or some shit.

Look at all the crap they have shoved down the our throats without "We The Peoples" consent in the past few years. What the hell ever happened to governed by the consent of the governed?

• Like 1

People said the same thing about obamacare. We all seen how that turned out from the highest court in the land. I have no faith in our legislators. Im not going to hold my breath on anything being thrown out the window. Too much remains to be seen, not just with this, but across the board.

• Like 3
People said the same thing about obamacare. We all seen how that turned out from the highest court in the land. I have no faith in our legislators. Im not going to hold my breath on anything being thrown out the window. Too much remains to be seen, not just with this, but across the board.

Well fuck! Then bring it on while we can still fight! The younger generation is chalk full of pussies.

• Like 5

This bill is based on each country enforcing it themselves. What makes that funny is much like our own "gun control", ot only applies to those who will play by the rules. I do not see countries that already benefit form illegal arms trade and supporting criminal organizations feeling guilty and stopping..... laws only apply to the lawful.

I agree with what yall are saying about Russia. They have tapped into the largest civilian gun market in the world, and there is no way Putin would allow anything to stop that. I would love to know the actual numbers of how much Russia makes off US gun and ammo sales.

Of course, I never thought I would see AK ammo selling commercially for $400 a case either, but I suspect that will subside in 6 mos or so.

Edited by Semper299